Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 7 Lily Snogs

Snog 3: Embrace

by kirayasha 0 reviews

Collection of Live Journal Snogs, featuring Kagome and Sango. Contains shojo-ai (girl love).

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Kagome, Sango - Published: 2006-12-24 - Updated: 2006-12-24 - 1065 words

0Unrated
Embrace (snog#3)

By kira

Author's notes: More LJ snog fun featuring Kagome and Sango.


Kagome held onto Sango in an awkward embrace. She was scared, in pain, sick to her stomach, and longing for home and the comfort of her mother's embrace. Hell, she wanted to be anywhere else in the universe other than the hot stuffy hut, groaning in pain as another contraction hit her.

"You've done this how many times now, Sango?" Kagome choked out through gritted teeth.

"Three times already, and I think it's going to be four at the end of the summer."

Kagome took a few deep breaths when the contraction finished. Sighing heavily, she allowed Sango to once again lead her around the room again. "You're pregnant again? That's great! So tell me how you do it?"

"Kagome-chan!" Sango cried, pretending to be outraged by her friend's suggestive question, before they both started giggling. "I don't know... It's just something you have to endure as woman, but the end results are incredible!"

"I know, but why does it have to hurt so damned much?!" She groaned as another contraction hit. "And why isn't Kaede here?"

"I have no idea, but as for Kaede-sama, she'll be back as soon as she sets Maki-chan's arm. While you were resting, Kaede-sama told me the child fell out of the tree she was playing in with her older brothers and she's lucky it was only her arm she broke. It shouldn't be too long before she's back..."

"Yeah..." Stopping their pacing, Kagome leaned on her friend. "So, does it get any easier the more you have?"

Sango laughed. "It does and it doesn't. I'm sorry Kagome-chan, but each and every time you get with child, you have to go through this in the end... It would be nice if you didn't, but you know, it's worth it, especially when you see your child for the first time. There's nothing you can do that'll compare to that experience." She hugged her friend and gave her a little kiss on the cheek.

"I know... but why does it have to take so long? My mother said she was in labor with me for five hours and Souta came very quickly at three, but we've been pacing around for how long?" Kagome rubbed her belly as another wave of pain washed over her.

Sango chuckled. "It's barely been an hour, Kagome-chan since your pains started coming close together. While I had heard of some women in my village laboring for over a day, most have their babies rather quickly. I did and I'm sure you will too."

"I hope so... and the good news is my water's just broken. That should speed things up a bit, right?"

"It should. What if you lie down and I check and see how long it'll be until the baby arrives? Don't worry, Kagome-chan; Kaede-sama has been preparing me in case she wouldn't be able to help you."

"Okay..."

888

Eight hours later, a very exhausted Kagome found herself leaning back in Sango's embrace as Kaede knelt before her, her rough capable hands carefully helping Kagome's child into the world. The two women encouraged her to push and it took every ounce of Kagome's strength to do so. Taking a deep breath, Kagome bore down during another contraction as Kaede gently eased the newborn that much closer to the world. The cycle of mind numbing pain and pushing went on for what felt like an eternity until she gave a final push.

"Gotchya..." Kaede said softly as a loud cry shattered the room and Sango whispered her congratulations in her friend's ear. "He's beautiful, Kagome-san."

"I have a boy...?"

"Aye... and from what I've seen he looks like you." The old miko smiled.

"Kaede-obaasan, can I see him?"

"Let me just clean him up first and then you can have him."

Kagome sighed in agreement. She lay back against Sango, who was fussing over her, listening to her newborn son making his presence known in a way that reminded her of her husband, when she nearly missed what Sango just said.

"Hunh?"

Sango smiled as she hugged Kagome. "I said, 'remember the time we got left behind and found that jug of sake? And decided to try it because we were bored and mad at the guys?'"

Kagome laughed. "Yeah... but what made you think of that?"

Sango laughed as she pulled Kagome's kimono over her friend's lower half. She giggled and held her tightly as she was sure her friend was blushing just as much as she had back then.

Kagome closed her eyes and said ruefully, "Oh yeah... and remember the look of shock on their faces when they found us?"

"Yeah, it's a good thing Shippou was here with Kaede."

"Oh yeah... Did you see the look on Inuyasha's face?"

Sango laughed. "Yeah. And if I remember correctly, Miroku just stood there as if the Buddha just came down in front of him and declared him a living saint!"

"I know, but the funny thing is they never said a word about it. They just acted as if nothing out of the ordinary happen. No sly lecherous looks or comments from Miroku or grouchiness from Inuyasha... You don't think we imagined it?"

"Not unless we both had the same vision. No, I think it happened, but our men wisely chose to ignore it."

"Just like we did, hunh?"

"We had no choice, but I don't have any regrets, do you?"

"None here..."

"Good..." Before Sango could go on, Kaede was back with the baby.

"Here you go, Haha-ue," she said as she handed the infant to her. Kagome was so busy getting to know her new son that she did not even realize the old miko and her friend were also busy helping her finish the birthing process. Kagome was lost in her own little world, and it was several minutes before she realized Sango was giving her one last hug. "Kaede-sama said you can feed him now. She's gone to get Inuyasha, and I'm going to go home as I miss my girls and my husband..."


Kagome nodded and patted Sango's hand, before she opened her kimono and put her newborn son to her breast. As Kagome lay there, watching her son take his first meal, Sango quietly slipped out after giving her friend one last look.
Sign up to rate and review this story