Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Like Ghosts In The Snow

by XOXOshrillexXOXO 0 reviews

Umm...One shot about Iero's younger times well before MCR ever came into play.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-29 - Updated: 2006-12-29 - 2195 words - Complete

-1Boring
Like Ghosts in the snow

He hated her like this, crying over nothing. His eyes were barely open but the sound of her crying...He was all to familiar with this. At least once a month, the same scene would play: his most hated. Him, the hospital bed with his mother and childhood friend crying and watching his every move. Only this time was different. He wasn't going to be leaving quickly. Instead, he might be there for awhile. At the early age of 17, his life was already falling apart.

X.X

"Frank, are you sure you feel okay enough to go to school?"

He glared. "Yes, I'm fine. I feel great. Nothing's wrong."

She narrowed her eyes. "You're lying. I know you, Frank. Just tell me the truth."

The front door opened behind them. "Frank, don't forget your appoint is at five."

He turned back. "Mom, I'm not going today. Remember, I have that party I have to go to. Plus, I feel fine."

His mother nodded. "Alright, call me when you get there. I'll see you two." She turned and closed the door.

Frank turned back, only to be slapped. "What was-"

"You are going to the doctor. I'm taking you."

"No, I'm not going. I have more important matters-"

"Frank, do you not get it? Linda's done so much for you. She wants you to get better. Go to the doctor. If not for me, for her. She's done so much already for you. You owe her at least one doctor visit. That's it."

She had her hand on his shoulder, close to tears. "Alright, I'll go. But this is the last time I'll let you talk me into it."

She shook her head. "No, you'll always let me."

"Only because you're a cry baby-"

She hit his shoulder. "Am not."

He stuck his tongue out. "Yeah, you are."

She turned around. "Am not."

"Keep telling yourself that. Maybe, it'll come true."

X.X

Sometimes, late at night, she'd sit at her desk by the window, and dream of opening the window and screaming at the top of her lungs. Of course, she'd never do it. Like how she'd never have the guts to do other things. Maybe one day she'd admit to herself that she really did think she'd like him or that maybe seeing him so ill made her feel like she had a purpose. After all, Linda always did say that she couldn't ever see anyone taking better care of her son than her.

X.X

"Éclair, I swear, I am fine."

She glared. "My name is not-"

He smiled. "I know. I just love calling you that. Claire's dull. Éclair isn't. Now, what did you need?"

"How did the appointment go?"

He felt a tug in his throat and coughed. It wasn't in his plans to tell her he was getting worse. "It seems like everything's starting to return to normal."

He eyes lit up as she hugged him. "Frank, I'm so happy for you. You'll be okay soon. This is worth celebrating."

He waited for her to stop and sit down. "Well, I already am. I'm going out tonight with some guys from the neighborhood. We're going to go see Smashing Pumpkins in Central Park-" He stopped, realizing what he said.

"Central Park? Frank, that's so far. What about your mom? Have you even talked to her yet? Does she know?"

He lower his head. "Not exactly...But I'll let her know-"

"You're going to New York without your mom knowing-"

"She'll know. I promise. I'll tell her before I leave. She'll know."

"Promise."

"I already did."

"Fine, have fun and don't end up in the hospital."

"Wasn't planning on it."

X.X

"Linda, I came as soon as I got your message. What happened?"

Linda sat crying on a bench with a group of unfamiliar guys. She got up, walked over to Claire and hugged her. "Claire, you're here. He ran off with those boys without telling me. I don't even know what happened. I don't even know if my poor boy's okay."

"Sit down. I'm sure Frank's okay. He wouldn't have gone if he didn't feel good. He knows to take care of himself." She looked up as a tall black haired boy looked at her before walking down the hall. "Hold on, Linda. I'll be right back." She moved past Frank's mother and on to him. "What happened?"

He shrugged. "I don't even know. Don't tell his mom this but we had a few drink. He wasn't bothered by that but later he started coughing really bad but he wasn't like coughing normal, he coughing blood. I don't know why. It just happened and it scared the shit out of us. We called he police and they brought us here. I took his phone and as soon as I found his mom's number, I called. I swear I didn't mean for this to happen. I didn't think anything would either. He smokes all the time and that doesn't bother him-"

"He smokes?"

"Yeah, you didn't know? Maybe that's why he always has axe on him..."

"Just tell me what's wrong with him. Did he say anything? Did he say he didn't feel okay?"

He shook his head. "Nah...He didn't say anything to me. He only told me that he had to get home before ten so he could be home for some girl to call."

She straightened. "That's it?"

"Yeah...Look I didn't mean for this to happen. He said he couldn't end up back here because he didn't want that girl to know that's he's getting worse-"

"What? He's getting worse? But he said...he lied..."

"Oh god, you're that girl...oh gawh...I'm sorry. He probably didn't want me to tell you. I'm sorry."

She felt her eyes water. She shook her head and walked back to Linda.

X.X

Even with the IVs in his arm, he couldn't help but to pet her hair. Her head was resting next to his arm. He didn't know how long she had been there by his side, but he knew she came the second she found out. It was a bad habit of hers. "Claire, I'm sorry."

His mother stood. "Frank...how...why...Frank why didn't you tell us you were getting worse?"

"Mom, I didn't want you guys to worry any more."

"You just made us worry more. She's been here all night. She just fell asleep an hour ago."

"Mom, I'm sorry. I really didn't want any of this to happen. I swear-"

"None of this is your fault, Frank. Things were supposed to happen this way. God set a purpose for you. Otherwise, he wouldn't have let you go through this-"

"Mom, shove the God stuff. I don't think that's true. There can't be a reason or a better cause for me being here. Don't put your beliefs in something that isn't there."

Linda shook her head, knowing that he wasn't being serious. She knew he would always go on like that when he was losing hope. "Frank, just don't..." She stopped, shook her head once again, and walked out.

He started to sit up before realizing that she had started to stir and lightly mutter his name. He moved his hand from her back to her head. "Keep sleeping. Everything's okay."

"Frank?" She moved and set her head up. "Frank, you're up? I must have fallen asleep. Oh, I'm so sorry. Are you okay? Are you feeling any better?"

"You're fine. You need sleep too, it's okay. And yes, I'm okay. I feel fine-"

"No more lying. I talked to that guy. He told me everything."

He moved his head back. "Everything?"

She nodded. "You went out drinking with them. And you smoke. Frank, why didn't you tell me? You could die because of that. That kinda of stuff doesn't exactly help you get better-"

"It makes me feel better-"

"Well, it makes me feel worse. I'm supposed to be your friend, Frank. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want it to hurt you. I knew you'd be all sensitive to it. I don't like it when you're sensitive."

"And I don't like it when you're so freely lying with me."

"I'm not lying. I don't like to see you-"

"You have been lying to me for so long."

"No, I haven't. I just haven't told you a few little things-"

"Little things? Smoking, isn't little. Drinking isn't little. Dying, isn't little."

"I'm not dying."

"Yeah, you are. We talked to your doctor. We just don't understand why you wouldn't have actually told us. This is something important and you didn't actually tell us."

"Because I don't want to see you or mom crying anymore."

"So you make us cry more?"

"No, I didn't think you would cry more. I thought that maybe you guys wouldn't worry so much and that you wouldn't cry like you are. I didn't want to hurt you guys anymore. I thought if I told you everything was getting better that maybe you would stop."

"Frank, I don't want to stop worrying about you. I never will. You're my friend, Frank. I never stop worrying about you."

"But I want you to. It's our last year. You should be off having fun with friends. Not stuck in the hospital with me. You're graduating in a few weeks. You should be concerned with prom or something. Just not me."

"I don't care about stuff like that. You should know that by now. Senior year's supposed to be important. And I can't enjoy it with you like this. Senior year just can't be senior year without my best friend celebrating with me."

He slowly picked up her chin. "Éclair, I'm so sorry. I wish I could have made this year so much better. I'm sorry I ruined it."

"Ruined? No, you didn't ruin it at all. This place has become my second home, I mean come on."

He grinned. "Same here."

x.X

"Frank, I told you. I'm not going to prom. That stuff doesn't matter to me-"

"It does to me. It's just one night."

"A night that a lot of girls get pregnant on-"

He stared blankly. "Who's gonna get you pregnant?"

She hit his shoulder. "For your information, a lot of guys have asked me to prom and after prom. I'm not as undesirable as you think, Frank."

He grinned playfully and held her hand. "Éclair, I want to take you to prom. Let me take you. It's just one night. And you're not gonna get pregnant. It won't go that far. We're just friends. It's a favor. I wanna pay you back for being by my side when ever I wanted. Please, Claire."

Using her real name? How off pace was that for him? He never used her real name. "Fine, but no funny stuff."

"Me? Do something funny? Hah...that's out of the question."

"No surprises. Casual dress. It's not a date. It's just prom with my best friend."

Just prom? "Sure, best friends going together."

x.x*

He bowed after she opened the door. "Your chariot awaits, my lady."

Her eyes gleamed as she looked to the slick stretch limo. "Frank, I told you no."

"No, you said no funny stuff. This is a limo. Very usual for prom-"

"I still said no."

"Well...I guess you're screwed. I got-"

"I'm not going in that. It's too open-"

He looked back between her and the limo. "How the hell is it too open?"

"We aren't dating, Frank. It's too open. Have fun at prom-" She turned and he grabbed her hand. "Frank, let go."

"No, I want to go to prom with you. I...You mean a lot to me. You're always there for me. And I want to be there for you and to make you happy. I knew if I didn't ask to prom, that I'd lose all guts. Éclair, you're beautiful, smart, caring, and my friend. My best friend. I've never said any of this because I was too afraid to. I mean...I've been trying to convince myself that I don't like you but I can't really do that. I can't lie so easily."

"Frank, I know you like me. I've known. Gerard told me that you wanted to get back to Jersey early so you could talk to me. He also let it slip that you didn't want me knowing about your smoking or drinking or anything. I mean, Frank...I've been trying to convince myself that I don't like you, either."

"We've known each other too long..."

"We're best friends-"

"Best couple, too."

She shook her head. "No..."

"Yeah, I talked to the student council and...we are actually are ranked pretty high in the king and queen contest. We have to go to prom to claim our title."

She blushed. "Alright...if it means that much to you."

"And after we gain our title, we will go out on a proper first date. Not like our ones as kids."

"The sandbox was always the great date spot."

"Well, it could still be."
Sign up to rate and review this story