Categories > Celebrities > Green Day > Shenanigans

Chapter 5

by spgdfreak 0 reviews

Jason asks Alaina to Homecoming, Mike debates asking Rory

Category: Green Day - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-30 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 2075 words

0Unrated
A month later...
The morning announcements always sucked. Today, some dumb bitch was rambling on about Homecoming. We never went. It was for the popular people to show off how much money they had with their fancy ass dresses. I still wanted to ram my head into a fucking wall. Tre and Jason hadn't gotten into a bad fight since the night at the club, but I was breaking a band up. I didn't know how much Mike or BJ hated me right now. I felt bad for ignoring Rory. She probably thought I hated her. I looked over at her, doodling something.
"Hey, look, I'm sorry I haven't exactly been too friend-ish lately," I said. She smiled and looked up.
"I know how it goes. It's fine. Guys are retarded and Jason and Tre are one of the many of them." She stopped her doodle. "What's this Homecoming business that girl is rambling with?"
"Oh, it's a dumb semi-formal they have every year to celebrate football or something."
"Oh boy!" She sarcastically exclaimed.
"Yeah, we don't really go. We have other stuff we do for fun, obviously."
"I'm assuming Tre and Jason don't always fight like that..."
"No. Not really," I said, half laughing. She laughed with me.
I turned back to look at Mike and Tre. I knew he was pissed at me, Tre at least. He didn't even look up. Mike waved and smiled.

After school
I was so fortunate to have alphabetized lockers at my school. Mike's was right underneath mine. In the past month, he's been whacked in the head by my door about 17 times. I've walked into his locker door and bruised my knee about as many times. Today was one of those days.
"Oh fuck, Lane. You need to watch your door."
Crash.
"You need to watch yours, too. I'm gonna need knee surgery and you know Vinnie isn't gonna like using that money on a kid that isn't even his." We both sighed and I leaned on the locker next to ours. Before I knew it, I saw Jason White approaching me. Not today. Please not today.
"Hey Lane. Can I ask you something?"
I sighed and looked at him.
"No Jason, I haven't decided yet."
"I didn't mean that. But, what if we went to Homecoming this year?"
Mike looked up. Now he had a chance to be with Rory.
"Will I go to Homecoming with you, Jason?"
"Yeah, basically."
Tre didn't ask. Jason was here first. I guess it would be fair.
"Sure. I would love to," I said. Jason looked like he was gonna piss his pants. I bent down to pick my backpack up. I turned towards Mike, Billie, and the last person I wanted to be there at that moment.
"Tre, oh shit. I'm sorry," I apologized. He looked like he was gonna cry and kill Jason and I at the same time. He ran off and I hung my head. Billie and Mike ran after him.

Tre's POV
"Tre, oh shit. I'm sorry."
The first girl I ever had real feelings for. She was gone from me. Just like that. To some other guy. A supposed friend of mine. Something inside me snapped. I ran off and got away from it. I got to my car and just stood there. I tried not to cry, I didn't want to look like a baby.
"Tre, dude, you OK?" Billie asked. I was hyperventilating. Mike came running up afterwards. He was as out of breath as I was.
"What happened?" Mike asked.
"I fucking hate Jason. Right now, I'm not too fond of your sister, either."
"To be fair, she didn't choose who she was gonna date. She just chose who she was going to Homecoming with. Jason got there before you did," Mike defended.
"She still chose Jason over me. We don't go to Homecoming, either. I could fucking kill him..." I felt myself making a fist.
"Yeah, good point," Mike said.
"Well, whatever. Look, she loves you, Tre. She had a dream you proposed to her morning we went back to school. I know she'll choose you. She doesn't really like Jason that much. I think she's keeping it neutral because she doesn't wanna hurt Jason."
I looked up at him.
"Really?"
"Yeah. I wouldn't lie to you, Tre. You're one of my best friends."
I knew he was right.
"Thanks, man." I took a deep breath. "So, since I guess I'm going now, are you two going?" I asked, looking at them.
"Yeah, if Lane is going, then Adie will wanna go. And since Lane is going, Mike has to go...which means he will be taking..." Billie smiled.
"Farore Pierce," I said and smiled.
"Whatever, dude. She's just a friend."
"Whatever right back, it's blatantly obvious you LOVE HER!" Billie cheered.
"Oh, hey Rory!" I yelled. Mike whipped back so fast behind him that even I got whiplash.
"Fuck off, Tre. I'll ask her tonight," He said and walked off towards Lane's car. It was actually both of theirs, but he didn't drive. He was so lazy.

*
"Oh, Lane, what's wrong?" I had run into Alaina in the hallway, her head was hung low and her shoulders slumped. She looked really bummed about something. Jason was leaning against the lockers opposite Lane's beaming.
"Well... Jason asked me to Homecoming and then I said yes and Tre got so upset!" She groaned, slapping herself in the forehead.
"I thought you told me that you guys never go to Homecoming?" I raised an eyebrow in confusion.
"Yeah, yeah. I know I said that... And we never do. Until now." She sighed.
"So... Since you're going I'm guessing the rest are as well?" I half-grinned.

If the rest go then that means...
"Yes, Mike's going." She looked up at me. I drew back slightly.
"What? I never said anything about Mike." Believe me, it was extremely hard to hold back a grin or nervous chuckle.
"But you implied it."
"Now, that's where you're wrong, m'dear. Mike and I are friends, no feelings beyond that." I nodded reassuringly.
"You're crazy."
"Damn straight! Now, I'm off to the land of the mighty muffins to take up my duties to rule alongside the Almighty Banana God." I grinned stupidly.
"Did I say crazy? I meant mentally unstable." She chuckled.
"There's the smile I know and love! I've missed it." I patted her on the back. "Now I'm really gonna go. I have some personal errands to run."

Mike's POV
"Fuck off, Tre. I'll ask her tonight," I said, walking over to Lane and my car. I slid into the passenger's seat, slamming the door shut. I sighed exasperatedly. Lane got into the car a few moments later, looking a little better than she was feeling before.
"You feeling not so down and out now?" I said.
"Uh... Sure. Hey, you gonna take Farore to Homecoming?" She asked me. My eyes widened.
"Why is everyone asking me that?!" I yelped, trying to keep my cool.
"Because it's obvious you like her. Admit it." She slapped me playfully in the arm before backing up out of the parking space.
"Well, I don't." And let me tell you, that didn't even sound assuring to myself. I didn't know if I liked Farore or not... I just knew that there was definitely a huge connection between the two of us since I first saw her sitting alone on the first day of school. "Just get us home."
"Aye aye, Captain Fuckface." She saluted.
"Shut up..."

I sat on the edge of my bed and stared at the phone. Just stared. I reached out slowly to grab the phone, then pulled back.
Shit, I'm a coward.
"Just call her, dammit," I told myself before shaking my head. Why was this so difficult? I mean honestly, I just want her to go with me as a friend...
...Right?
"Yes. That's right. A friend." I sighed. "Shut up, Mike, before Lane hears you and thinks your insane like Jason slash Jesus slash Jimmy."
Why was I talking to myself, anyway? I slapped myself in the forehead.
"Okay, suck it up and call her." I took in a deep breath and picked up the phone and dialed Farore's number. I'd had it memorized by the second week she was here. I heard the phone ringing and my heartbeat went up to speeds of a million miles per second, or so it seemed.
"Hello?" Her voice made me choke. Oh god, how was I supposed to do this?
"Uh... Hi. Farore," I managed to force out. Okay, you said hello, now ask her dammit! "I was just wondering... If anyone's asked you to Homecoming yet?"
"No, but I was thinking of maybe taking my imaginary boyfriend. Have you asked anyone?"
"No, there's really no one I'm interesting in taking as of the moment..." Shit. Now it sounds like I don't want her to go with me.
"Hey, I gotta go. I'm so sorry. Did you call for any, um, particular reason?"
"Uh.. No. See you tomorrow," I said and she hung up. I could have killed myself.
"Fuck, Mike! Why didn't you ask her?!" I yelled and slapped myself in the forehead multiple times. That's it, I'll just ask her tomorrow.

The next day...
I practically avoided Farore all day, and I'm pretty sure she noticed. Whenever she would tap my shoulder or call my name, I'd jut shrug and not say anything besides a couple of nods and grunts, I didn't think a full sentence would be possible without me totally freaking.
What I didn't understand was why I was being this way.
So I decided just to suck it up and finally ask her. But... After school.

The final bell rang and I darted out of class in high hopes to get to Rory before anyone else did. I wanted to do this badly. Just to ask her. But no such luck, Billie and Tre found me before I could find her.
"Hey man, you ask Farore yet?" Billie Joe slapped me in the back. I groaned and looked away.
"Will you get off my back for one second about Rory?! I don't like her and--"
"Dude, he never said anything about liking." Tre laughed.
"Deniiiiial," Billie Joe sang.
"Shut the fuck up, Billie. I'm going to ask her. And we'll go together to the dance. As friends," I stated.
"Yeah yeah, as friends. You know, you're overusing that excuse." Tre smirked.
"Shut up. Please. I'm trying to find her." I smacked him in the arm.
"Oh. There she is! Hey, Rory!" Billie Joe called over to her. I looked to find where she was. She snapped her head up and turned to look at us. Her eyes locked onto mine and then she looked over to Billie and waved. "Now, go to her, man." Billie Joe pushed me lightly towards her.
"I am so gonna kill you guys," I said over my shoulder.
"Hey! You're the one who said you were gonna do it anyways."
Eh... He was right.

So I walked over to her slowly but tensely and leaned against the wall besides where she was standing.
"Hey, Rory... Has anyone asked you to Homecoming yet?" I asked in a slightly shaky voice.
"No. Who would ask me?" She grinned.
"Um... Well, since we both don't have dates, maybe we could... Uh... Go together?" I asked and looked up. She had a blank expression so I quickly added, "As friends?"
"Uh... Oh, of course. I'd love to go... A-as friends," She stammered and nodded.
"Thanks." I couldn't hide the ecstatic look on my face or the ear to ear grin that followed.
"Oh, now I have to get a dress... And-and... Oh god." She laughed and hugged me. "I gotta go, I promised I would go over Adrienne's today to hang and stuff. Bye."

She hurriedly walked away, looking over her shoulder and smiling at me in the midst of leaving. I just collapsed against the wall and let out a huge sigh. It felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.
"So?" Billie Joe asked later as I met him outside. "Didja ask her?!"
"Yes." I grinned.
"Way to go, buddy!" He slapped me on the back.
"Must you keep slapping me in the back?" I asked.
"Of course I must!" And we both laughed.
Sign up to rate and review this story