Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Independence Day

Where There's a Will

by tumshie1960 6 reviews

The first visit with the Goblins

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!!] [?] [X] - Published: 2006-12-31 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 1576 words

5Hot
Disclaimer: Harry Potter and other canon characters belong to JKR I'm only having some fun
Disclaimer: Harry Potter and other canon characters belong to JKR I'm only having some fun



Chapter 4: Where There's a Will



/Back at the Grangers/



As Harry departed Jill Granger drew her daughter aside. "Well by the amount of snogging we saw I take it your 'notice me' tactics worked?"



Hermione smiled. "Oh yeah, you know he's such a gentleman and a gentle man, I 'lost' my top in the pool and he didn't even look, and managed to help me put it on without touching me. I had to put his hand on my breast while he slept and even then he took it away when he woke, but he knows I'm a girl, and always has according to him."



That night Hermione planned the seduction of Harry Potter.



/Privet Drive/



Over the following four hours Harry finished the soup as he'd been instructed, and had one of his vitamin drinks. Hermione's parents had been great, they understood his feelings about Dumbledore and were willing to support him. All they knew about him were the vague stories they'd heard from Hermione. Hermione had told him at school that she hadn't disclosed all their adventures to her parents, and wasn't sure how they would react if they knew how many life-threatening scrapes they'd got into.



When he finally drifted off to sleep his dreams were filled with thoughts of his day, most of them centred on Hermione. The wonderful clothes she had worn, the flash of her knickers, her wet bikini, how her bare breasts felt against his chest and the wonderful feeling of her breast in his hand. /'I wonder how far she'll take it' /he thought and planned to find out as soon as he could.



Harry spent the following day planning how he would approach things at Gringotts. He decided that he would hear out the Goblins and discuss things with the Grangers before making any decisions, 'Mmm, preparation and planning, I really am learning from Hermione.'



The day before the visit to Gringotts was another letter/gardening day. As previously, Vernon collected the letter and the owl the evening before and had thrown a bottle of water at him with a sarcastic comment.



Harry managed to complete all his gardening tasks before Vernon returned from work and had even managed to sneak a phone-call to Hermione when his aunt had gone shopping. He had even been given some food, a plate of cereal for breakfast, two lunch meat sandwiches at noon and some tired looking salad for his evening meal. He felt hungrier after each time he ate, sure the vitamin drinks were nourishing his body, but his stomach was getting out of the way of handling solids, he needed out quick.


Gringotts
/ /

The following day Harry met with the Grangers outside the Leaky Cauldron and the four made their way to Gringotts. On entering, Harry approached one of the guards and asked to be directed to the Family Trust Division. The guard led them to the door and opened it for them. On entering the office Harry approached what he assumed was a female goblin, the ribbon in her? hair somehow implied female.



"Hi, I'm Harry Potter I have an eleven o'clock appointment to discuss my father's Will."



"Certainly, Mr. Potter, Have a seat and I'll call Solicitor Slinkhard and he'll join you shortly"



On the stroke of eleven, a smartly dressed goblin entered the office and introduced himself. "I'm Solicitor Slinkhard, please come with me, there seems to be a problem with your father's Will, we can discuss it in the conference room."



Harry introduced the Grangers, and informed Slinkhard that they were there in an advisory capacity to help him with the Will. Slinkhard nodded and led them into a room.



Roger Granger spoke as soon as they sat down. "Solicitor Slinkhard, you said there was a problem with the Will, can you tell us what the problem is."



"Well," began Slinkhard, "Young Mr. Potter here has arrived a year too early, the Will states that he isn't to inherit until he is seventeen, which by our records is next year."



Harry spoke up. "I have a copy of my father's Will here, it says that I was to be read the Will at eleven years old, I only found it recently in my father's trunk, one of these Wills has to be wrong, can I see your copy please?"



Reluctantly Slinkhard handed over the bank's copy of the Will, Jill Granger looked at it closely and then took out a magnifying glass. She studied the Will through her magnifier and then handed both to her husband. He studied it as well and looked at her and nodded.



"This document has been tampered with. We need to see your supervisor immediately, please call him."



"If you give me the parchment I will take it to him." Slinkhard started.



"I don't think so." Said Roger Granger, "We're not letting either document out of our sight until things have been cleared up."



"Yes." Chipped in Harry, "If you try to remove that document from us I'll need to call in the Aurors to investigate."



Slinkhard blanched slightly and made a Floo call. He pulled his head out of the fireplace and said. "Chief Solicitor Pickwell will be here shortly, he will bring a member of our fraud investigation team with him."



"Thank you" replied everyone.



Harry looked in disgust at the alterations on his parents will, the section on his Guardianship had been altered to read that the Dursleys were to have sole care of him, and they had been getting paid for doing so, starting at 5,000 Galleons a year, paid in advance on the 1st November each year. Even if they didn't add in inflation they'd been paid 75,000 Galleons and at today's exchange rate of £10 to the Galleon that was over £750,000 and they had the cheek to tell him he was a burden to them.



He also noted regular payments to the Order of the Phoenix, 1,000 Galleons a month, true it was nothing against his total holdings but his parents hadn't specified the payments and he certainly hadn't been asked.



About five minutes later an impressively dressed goblin arrived with another in tow. "Slinkhard says you have a problem with a Will, can you explain please?"



Roger sat the two copies of the Will side by side and started pointing out the discrepancies and then handed over the magnifying glass and pointed to the areas that had been tampered with. Pickwell's companion peered closely at the document and signalled his supervisor over to him and held a conversation in very fast Gobbledegook.



Pickwell sat heavily in a chair and addressed Harry and his companions. "Mr. Potter, we owe you our deepest apologies, the copy of the Will we have here has indeed been tampered with. We will conduct a thorough investigation. All monies taken under false pretences will be recovered from those involved, the interest lost to you will be added to that and we will of course pay you compensation."



Harry looked at the goblin carefully, "Sir, compared with my assets the money taken is negligible, when you recover it, use half of it to set up a research fund to look into cures for the effects of over-exposure to the Cruciatus Curse, and the other half to fund the supply of Wolfsbane potion to those who can't afford it. The funds are to be topped up annually to the same level as they started. My only stipulation is that my name is not mentioned anywhere."



"Certainly Mr. Potter, now do you wish the Will to be dealt with today, or do you want to leave it until your birthday when you inherit from Mr. Black?"



"Sirius named me in his Will?" asked Harry.



"Yes, as your Godfather, he left most of his belongings to you and left paperwork emancipating you on your 16th birthday. Your emancipation will allow you to take over control of your inheritance from your father immediately, instead of at seventeen. The papers will be lodged with the Ministry as soon as you claim your inheritance."



After a brief discussion with the Grangers, Harry turned back to the goblins. "I have some things I need to do before the Ministry discover I'm emancipated, can we arrange a time on the 31st July for reading Sirius' will and then after that I will claim my Potter inheritance."



"Very well Mr. Potter, we will hold the reading of Mr. Black's will at 11:00 a.m. on July 31st. I will send out the notification to everyone today."



Everyone rose, shook hands and left the room. Harry and the Grangers left the bank and Harry took them back out into Muggle London where he insisted on buying them a meal. Still mindful of his lack of normal eating Harry ate light foods and small portions, he explained his new regime to the Grangers. The Grangers were shocked, they couldn't understand how anyone could treat a young person in such a way. Harry explained that he could feed himself using magic but didn't want to look too healthy in case the Dursleys got suspicious.



After the Grangers left Harry went into a pharmacy and bought himself some high-energy bars and a selection of high protein drinks, enough to make sure he would survive until his birthday.
Sign up to rate and review this story