Categories > Books > Animorphs

Until We Meet Again

by Ryder 0 reviews

A letter that Rachel left for her mom.

Category: Animorphs - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Rachel, Other - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-01-02 - Updated: 2007-01-02 - 355 words - Complete

3Insightful
Dear mom,

Guess this is it, huh? Guess this is all it came to, this final battle. I don't know if I'm going to survive, mom. I don't know much of anything anymore. It's as if my life has exploded in front of my face.

Even now, I wonder. Wonder why I was the one who had to do this. Wonder why I can never be normal again. Why I will die abnormal. Why all of this happened. Why the damn Ellimist didn't stop this before it started.

I once heard someone say that your home is with your family, not where your house is. Our city is destroyed, our house probably disintegrated, but our home isn't. Not yet. And I don't want it to be, even if I'm gone. I don't want me to wreck our home. Even though I've lied too many times to count, I want to remain part of our home.

I've done horrible things. I've killed many beings, sentient beings; even though they are not humans, they are self-aware. They knew I had killed them. And I want you to know that if I die, I hope you can forgive the one who kills me. They had no control. The Yeerk did it, not the human or Hork-Bajir or the Taxxon.

No mom, don't spend your life wasting away about me. I know... it's tough... The more I think about it, the more it seems as if it isn't if I'm going to die, but how I'm going to die, and I know that it's the best thing I can do.

But sometimes it seems that the best thing to do isn't the right thing to do. I'm in a better place now, hopefully... War and reality cross lots of times.

I'll leave you with this:

May the road rise up to meet you

May the wind be always at your back

May the sun shine warm upon your face

And the rains fall soft upon your fields

Until we meet again, my friend

Until we meet again

May god hold you in the palm of his hand


Hugs,

Rachel.
Sign up to rate and review this story