Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > An Old Tradition

A Brighter World

by starcrossed_lover 5 reviews

Snow falling, clinging to his nose and eyelashes.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Itachi, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke - Published: 2007-01-03 - Updated: 2007-01-04 - 360 words

0Unrated
Sasuke ran, with Itachi right on his tail. Snow falling, clinging to his nose and eyelashes. He was going to give her the best present he could think of.

As he caught sight of her from the park entrance, another boy pushed passed by his and walked right towards her. His orange jumpsuit impossibly brighter than the snow.

"Sakura-chan!" the boy in the jumpsuit called. She looked up and smiled.

"Hi Naruto-kun." she said, catching sight of Sasuke right behind the boy called Naruto.

"Um..." Sasuke said hesitantly, tapping Naruto on the shoulder.

"Yeah?" Naruto asked.

"Well, me and Sakura-chan have a play date." he said, wanting her to be impressed with his bravado.

"Is that so?" Naruto asked Sakura.

"Well... yeah, we meet here every Saturday, we can go for ramen sometime else 'kay?" Sakura asked uncertainly.

"If I didn't know any better, i'd say you like him Sakura. Buts it's a good thing I know you better, cuz you like me!" Naruto declared.

"I'm sorry, Naruto." Sakura said.

Sasuke smirked with triumph, and held out his hand.

"My name is Uchiha Sasuke." Sasuke said, meant for both of them to hear.

"I'm Uzumaki Naruto, and don't you forget it." Naruto said, with anger in his eyes. "If you think you can win her heart, you got another thing coming to ya'" He whispered as he took Sasukes hand, pulling him in close to whisper the threat. He gave Sasukes hand a sharp squeeze before letting go. He walked away, head held high. Sasuke sat down next to her.

"It's Sakura, right?" he asked smiling.

"Yes, Haruno Sakura." she said holding out her hand. He took it in his, and brushed a kiss against her knuckles, like in a movie he had seen.

"I knew you were named after a flower, but didn't know which kind." he whispered, telling her the secret that he thought hard about her name.

"How did you know?" she asked, curious.

"When you smile its like a flower blooming, it makes the world brighter" he said pushing on the ground, sending her hair flying around her face. And the world to brighten once more.
Sign up to rate and review this story