Categories > Books > Anita Blake > Friends

Epilogue: Do Ya' Wanna Dance?

by Noah_Vail 2 reviews

Caleb reaches out for a friend. Pairing: CalebxGregory Non-Canon/ten chapters/completed 1/10

Category: Anita Blake - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gregory Dietrich - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-08-16 - Updated: 2005-08-16 - 399 words

2Moving
~~Do you wanna dance and hold my hand? Tell me I'm your lovin' man? Oh, baby, do you want to dance?~~

He held out his hand, palm up, fingers slightly curled; the gesture was almost a question. Puzzled blue eyes peered out of a pale face framed by soft blond curls. They searched his face for a clue, then traveled down the line of his arm to his hand as if confused by the action. His empty hand waited. Warm brown eyes twinkled. The muscles in his arm moved as his hand reached out. Gregory put his pale hand in Caleb's and let him pull him close. They leaned into each other's bodies and swayed to the music. Caleb broke the silence.

"You look......"

"If you tell me I look pretty again I'll punch you." The blond growled.

"No, no, I was gonna say you look terrific. You look good, mmmm, very good." He sighed. "I know I'm not any good at this."

"Just remember than I'm a guy. This may be a relationship but I'm a guy. We may even be dating....but don't forget the guy part."

"How could I forget. Those pants leave nothing to the imagination."

"Don't even go there! We are also not doing 'jealousy' or 'possessiveness' or 'girly'. So behave yourself or you can dance by yourself."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." There was a definite sulk in the voice.

"And stop apologizing."

"Sorry, I mean....damnit." Another big sigh sounded. "So what is okay?"

"I liked 'you look terrific'."

"You look amazing, fan-fucking-tastic."

"Oooh, that's good, too."

"So we're fine now?" Caleb took the opportunity to pull his partner closer and let his hands slide lower.

"Maybe, and don't grab my ass in public. Didn't you learn your lesson?"

"You like it." Caleb prudently moved his hand upwards a few inches.

"How would you like it if I fondled you in public?"

"Oh, god, would you?" Caleb moaned a little.

"Shut up."

"Are you going to quit stripping?"

"Hey! Not having this conversation! Remember the rules 'no jealousy, no possessiveness'. I make damn good money and besides, I like it."

"Maybe I should try it."

"I'll kick your ass."

"What happened to 'no possessiveness, no jealousy'?

"That was for you and anyway, you don't have what it takes."

"Hey!...oh, you mean I'm not pretty enough?"

"That's it, I'm kicking your sorry ass."
Sign up to rate and review this story