Categories > Original > Poetry

Summertime

by holding_heaven 0 reviews

poem

Category: Poetry - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-09 - Updated: 2007-01-09 - 337 words - Complete

0Unrated
Every jaded glance you sneek me leaves me wishing that your head was between my legs.you brush your hair out of your face and suddenly im reminded of a time last summer.../ when/ we layed under the stars, under the full moon ans the August night seemed to go on forever, stretching into eternity just like my unspoken love for you.Not a word was spoken in between as you sat up and lit your third cigarette that hour.You brushed your hair out of your eyes and took the longest drag in history; like tonight the world was ending.the whiporwhils continued to sing a melancholy score of love long since lost with the crickets playing back-up.I cleared my throat and lit one too, and wondered how we were so close when all of our nights were like this:silent as death,as if the apocolypse were knocking at our door.Did we dare answer? In the moonlight your features seemed flawless and i was just drinking in your beauty.Soft and seemingly never-ending.You glanced at me and, as if you could read me like a book,you pput your arm around my shoulders. "Nights like this," you whispered, "remind us of the journey ahead.The fight for love and glory;money and fame." i nodded in agreement as id done athousand times with you and whispered,"Our lives are like canvases and we are the painters.Sometimes i feel like i dont have any paint."
"Chin up young one,youll be fine. it doesnt really matter what you paint because like all works of art itll be underappreciated and largely ignored until youre dead." Iknew you were right.I layed back and stared at the stars as if they held all the answers;they seemed to be mocking me however, holding the same emptiness i felt that night. "Never forget tonight," you said your voice as soft as silk,"for it is the beginning of forever." and i couldnt have agreed more.
Sign up to rate and review this story