Categories > Anime/Manga > Pet Shop of Horrors > D is for...

Stranger/Brother

by Eternatis 0 reviews

It's not like Christmas, you won't be loved more for hiding in your room.

Category: Pet Shop of Horrors - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Chris - Published: 2007-01-14 - Updated: 2007-01-14 - 180 words

0Unrated
"Chris?" She tapped the door. "You in there?"

Josie had been elected to fetch Chris on the grounds that Chris liked her, and she got on well with their visitor, which Dad Did Not Approve Of.

She knocked again, then opened the door. Chris was lying on the floor with a pad of paper in front of him and crayons scattered all over. The kid's face lit up when she came in, and he offered her a handful.

Oh. That explained it.

Chris didn't like being around strangers that much, and Josie was always sick of family gatherings after an hour or so, so they usually ended up in Chris' room drawing silly wax crayon pictures - like a bright green alien with three eyes eating a stickman-granddad and his stupid pipe.

"Come on big guy, time to go downstairs."

Chris' bottom lip started wobbling, and his eyes started tearing up - a trick he'd definitely learnt off Sam - and Josie flumped down next to him.

"It's not like Christmas or New Year, big guy. Leon's not a stranger. He's your brother."
Sign up to rate and review this story