Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A Little More Touch Me

3. Flirting

by riaryder 13 reviews

How not to flirt, the Trohman way.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-14 - Updated: 2007-01-14 - 1039 words - Complete

5Exciting

3. Megan

I felt a little nervous as I put the finishing touches to my make-up. Last night had shook me up a little. But I was a big girl, and it's not like I hadn't had hassle from drunk customers before. As I adjusted my wig, I felt my mind wandering to Joe, and the butterflies intensified. I grinned at my loser self in the mirror. I was crushing big time on some guy who had come to my rescue. "Quite the feminist, Megan," I chuckled to myself.

"Show time, Meggy," I heard Carlos holler from the hallway.

I checked my tassled ass in the mirror, took a deep breath and channelled my inner showgirl.

As I launched into my routine, disappointment hit me as I reaslised Joe wasn't at his usual table. A crowd of rowdy college guys sat in his place, wolf whistling and making obscene gestures at me. Mechanically, I finished up. It was a less than polished performance. But hormonal Jocks aren't exactly looking for finesse.

I made my way back to my dressing room, mentally slapping myself out of it. Why the hell was I so disappointed that this guy, who earlier last night I had thought was a bit of a loser, hadn't shown?

"Jeez, you need to get laid more," I chastised my reflection.

A knock at the door interrupted me before I could change. Angie, my flatmate and fellow dancer popped her head round the door.

"Hey babes, your knight in shining armour is at the bar. He's lookin' for ya," she winked at me. "He's real cute. I might get me attacked outside and see if I can find one." She joked and ducked as I threw a magazine at her.

I couldn't help but smile. Angie did not need any help finding men. She was like a magnet to them. And she was wild. But she was also the best friend a girl could have.

I headed for the bar, a little spring in my step as I saw Joe seated on a stool, chatting to Dan, the barman. He didn't notice me as I slipped onto the stool beside him. I placed a hand high on his leg, leaning into him.

"Hi, Joe," I whispered seductively.

He jumped as my hand made contact with his leg. His eyes widened as he turned to me. "Uh, hi," he stuttered.

I couldn't stifle a giggle. He looked like a rabbit caught in headlights.

"Hey, chill out. I don't bite," I laughed at his apparent nervousness. "Well, not unless you want me too," I couldn't help adding. It was too easy to toy with him.

His mouth fell open in surprise.

"It was a joke, Joe." I laughed again, punching his arm.

He visibly relaxed and managed a low chuckle. God, he was tense. I shouted Dan back over.

"A beer for my friend, here. And I'll have a water." We didn't drink at work. Frank didn't allow it.

Dan placed our drinks in front of us. Joe took out his wallet to pay.

"This is on me," I insisted. "A thank you."

He protested, but reluctantly gave in to me, putting his cash away.

"So, Joe. What's a boy like you doing in a place like this?" I half-joked. I was trying to put him at ease, but I also really wanted to know the answer.

There's a certain type of guy who visits clubs like this. And I didn't put him in that category.

He shrugged. "I don't know. It's not my usual kind of place," he laughed, confirming what I was hoping.

"My buddies and me, we play in a band, and we had a show next door a few nights ago. It's a real rough place, and we didn't want to hang around after we were done. So a couple of us came in here, just to grab a beer. We didn't know what it was, really." He looked up at me, making sure he hadn't offended me. "When I saw you pole dancing, I thought you were hot, and came back the next night," he dipped his eyes this time, embarrassed.

"Are you flirting with me Joe?" I kidded him, nudging his side.

He blushed in that cute way again. "I'm so bad at flirting," he laughed, covering his face with his hands.

He was too cute. "So, this band. You any good?" I asked, bringing the conversation back onto comfortable ground for him.

"Uh, I think so. But maybe I'm a little biased. We just play small places around Chicago. But, y'know, someday I hope it will get bigger." he shrugged, modest. "And tell me, how does a girl like you end up pole dancing?"

"I don't just pole dance," I faked annoyance with him.

"Uh, um, sorry, I didn't mean to offend you," he back tracked quickly.

"I lap dance too," I winked at him. He laughed with relief.

"It pays well. It's paying my way through school," I explained matter of factly. "It's not exactly a career choice for me," I added.

"You must be really busy," he looked a little down hearted as he said this.

"Well, Candy is in demand," I tried to sound light.

"What about Megan? Does Megan get a night off?" he asked me softly.

"Megan is a little boring. She studies hard at school," I answered, putting on my 'serious' face.

"I kinda liked Megan. She seemed cool," he looked me right in the eye.

It was my turn to blush this time. He could see right through this act I put on as Candy. It was my security blanket, and he had pulled it away to see the shy Megan underneath.

"Do you think Megan would like to come out with me when Candy finishes work?" he continued, bolder in the face of my sudden shyness.

"I think Megan would like that a lot," I grinned back at him.

He cracked a wide smile "Great."

"I'll just go change. Meet me out front," I jumped off my stool and hurried backstage, happy and nervous and excited.

It was midnight. I had an early class. But I didn't care. It was about time I had some fun.


Sign up to rate and review this story