Categories > Anime/Manga > Pet Shop of Horrors > D is for...

The Devil of Christmas Present

by Eternatis 0 reviews

The drabble from the inside of my christmas cards, based off what Akino says at the end of Volume 4 about Sofu's opinion on teddy bears.

Category: Pet Shop of Horrors - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Count D, Sofu D, Other - Published: 2007-01-14 - Updated: 2007-01-14 - 220 words

0Unrated
Christmas was supposed to be a time of good will, when people set aside their differences to enjoy the company of acquaintances and family members they would otherwise avoid. Even if they needed industrial strength alcohol to aid in the enjoying.

For most pet shop owners, it was the busiest time of year. That was definitely the case for a certain gold eyed kami; that day he'd sold ten contracts before he even got a chance to look at his mail. There were a handful of what were undoubtedly seasonal love letters, a letter from Alex and Norma - with a German postmark for some reason - and an envelope addressed to him in an unfamiliar hand.

The return address belonged to his son.

There was no letter inside, no note. Just a photograph. A photograph that held D spellbound, face white and gold eyes wide.

In the photo, a small dark haired child - undoubtedly his grandson - stared seriously at the camera from the lap of a man with long black hair flowing around him and an expression of unholy amusement on his face. He held the boy protectively though, and the boy in turn was clutching a... A huge teddy bear.

It was at that point that D swore his son was not fit to even look at the child again.
Sign up to rate and review this story