Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho

Ordinary

by SirPsychoSexy 0 reviews

After Sensui's daeth, can Sniper and Doctor be ordinary people again? [Shonen-ai; KamiyaxHagiri]

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Other - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-01-16 - Updated: 2007-01-16 - 607 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ordinary

A YYH Fanfiction by Sir Psycho Sexy

A/N: This is the first Kamiya/Hagiri (Doctor/Sniper) fic in the English-speaking fandom. I am surprised that no English-speaker has written about this pairing yet, so I decided to take action. I hope you enjoy this.

-SPS
______________
They were supposed to live ordinary lives after Sensui had died.

After they had spoken to each other in the woods, Kamiya Minoru and Hagiri Kaname had parted ways for the time being, with an agreement to meet a few days later by Sensui's family memorial. Both of them were in a state of grief; the more conversation they had about Sensui, the sooner they would get over it.

But being swayed by such a man, by his charm and charisma, was something the world outside of the Seven would never understand, not even family or co-workers. Hagiri avoided the topic around his family, but his younger sister managed to pry into his feelings using her gate-induced ability. As private as Hagiri was, his sister seemed to understand, and respected his right to not speak of it again to his other family members. Kamiya kept at his medical practice after he had surgically altered his own face, and none of his fellow doctors and nurses even knew who he was, or if he was another Kamiya Minoru, since both names were relatively common.

But the fateful day had arrived. Kamiya came up upon Hagiri, who was already kneeling in prayer in front of Sensui's family shrine. Hagiri heard the older man's footsteps, turned his head, opened an eye, and simply stated, "He was /amazing/."

Kamiya pondered to himself for a bit. He had seemingly caught every nuance of what Hagiri had meant: Sensui's intelligence, his idealism, his sensuality that had lured both of them in with nothing but poison-laced words and endless pleasures of the flesh, his entire being: amazing. "Indeed he was."

Silence hovered over the two of them, until Kamiya became rash and said, "He's gone now."

"I know." Hagiri said it in such a way that he let Kamiya know there was a void in his soul that he desperately wanted to fill, a void that had been left inadvertently by Sensui, but he had no idea who would step in and seal it.

Hagiri stood up and faced Kamiya. They stared at each other knowingly, as if they knew something should happen, and yet it didn't. They each had the same problem after the death of their leader and the only lover that each man had ever known: Where do we go? Can we ever be ordinary people again?

Hagiri came up with a sudden realization: He had to give up his old attachments. Sensui would have wanted it that way, as he had wanted his whole group to originally give up their attachment to humanity. In that instant, he lunged forward and kissed the other man on the lips. Surprisingly, Kamiya responded, even biting his tongue as he slid it into the other man's mouth, so he could remember by the taste of his own blood.

They looked each other square in the eye and nodded; 'I love you' was too much for either of them, an unattainable promise neither could keep. As Hagiri started to walk away, Kamiya asked, "I will be opening my own dojo soon. Perhaps, in a while, I'll have enough money for you to live with me."

Hagiri had learned from his mistakes; he didn't want to wind up in another senseless whirlwind of a relationship. "I'll think about it."

Maybe, just maybe, they could be ordinary after all.

-FIN
Sign up to rate and review this story