Categories > Anime/Manga > Gundam Wing > Captains

The Tea Party

by cherrymelle 0 reviews

He's alive! Alive!... Well he's awake anyway.

Category: Gundam Wing - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Duo, Heero - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-17 - Updated: 2007-01-18 - 5777 words

0Unrated
TITLE: CAPTAINS
FANDOM: Gundam Wing
PAIRING: 1x2 and some het pairings in the background
RATING: R/NC-17
GENRE: AU, Adventure, Historical, Romance
WARNING: yaoi, cross-dressing, swearing, graphic violence, sex
DISCLAIMER: Don't own anything save for the story, so please don't sue poor little me
SUMMARY: A huge reward on his head, a crew who doesn't take him seriously, a few vindictive ex girlfriends and a vicious curse which sticks like a bad smell. The fearsome pirate Shinigami thinks it can't get worse. A stalkerish Heero will prove him wrong.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: First of all, I wanted to thank profusely Amara, one of my beloved readers on FF.net, who gave me the idea of the "tea party." Now I hope everyone will like the long-awaited scene of Heero's awakening. And there will be no cookie points for those who catch my silent homage to another fandom this time. It is far too easy to spot. ;P

Chapter 19 : The Tea Party

The Captain Lowe stirred shortly before sunset. His thoughts were hazy but he retained enough common sense to hide his newly awaken state after those first instinctive movements. He had a killer headache. He had awoken often enough in such a state that he could even guess its likely cause even if he had troubles remembering what he had been doing prior to falling unconscious. He was pretty sure he hadn't been drinking because alcohol-induced headaches had a decidedly different feel to them, moreover he wasn't feeling sick to his stomach and there wasn't the tell-tale disgusting aftertaste in his mouth. No, the kind of headache he was presently suffering from was familiar in a very different way. He felt remarkably like someone had beaten the crap out of him...

He remembered feeling like that when his Grandfather had overdone it with the beatings he had been so fond of. If he extended his awareness in every part of his body he could even feel the exact source of his throbbing headache. There was a wound on his head and something that felt like stitches. That was reminiscent of a particular event during his formative years at the hands of the Colonel. When he had been fourteen, a lack of progress in his lessons in etiquette had landed him in a similar state. It was probably funny, in an ironic kind of way, that during all his education he had received much more injuries from his etiquette lessons than from the fencing ones. Where the facts didn't seem to add up was that his grandfather hadn't beaten him nor had him beaten up for a few years now. He hadn't had any reason to as his little soldier had learned his lesson and was always doing as ordered nowadays. And would Heero had needed punishment for whatever imagined offence, the Colonel had gotten much subtler. So the question remained: who if not his grandfather had tried to bash his skull in?

The pain he was in wasn't really conducive to deep thinking but he couldn't either leave such a blank in his memory. Calming his thoughts with the practised ease of long habit, he tried to recall the last thing he remembered. Once he was acting reasonably again, it was easy. He remembered meeting Helen at the Palace, than encountering Shinigami. His days of chasing after the Sandrock came back bright, clear and every bit as frantic as they had been. Then he saw Port Royal as she looked like when he caught his first glimpse of her convoluted streets. From there on, the rest came in rapid flashes: Trowa leaving to get dinner, sneaking aboard the Sandrock's, Helen's tantalizing flesh and... Once there, he had to consciously swallow a heavy groan as the last thing he remembered was an especially passionate embrace shared with Helen. His penis made a sympathetic twinge at the sweet memory...

Huh? There was something not quite right there...

Ah yes, that was that! Helen didn't exist. She was an illusion and if he thought about it, there had been an answering hardness against his erection. Helen was a man, a pirate even...

Oh Gods! Had he really rutted against Shinigami like a beast in heat?

He didn't know how he had gotten from the most fantastic orgasm of his life to his present ailment but if he was allowed to venture a guess, he would say Duo had probably clobbered him and he couldn't really blame the guy. He hazily remembered the body struggling under him and the way he himself had ignored the protests. He couldn't believe he had forced himself on someone, on anyone. He felt like a monster. He was definitely feeling sick now. The groan he had to suppress this time was one of disgust.

He was interrupted in his self-flagellating by someone clearing their throat. He had to force himself not to jump; he couldn't believe he hadn't even felt someone's presence so near him. It was logical now that he was thinking about it that they hadn't left alone such a dangerous individual, especially when he couldn't feel any bounds restricting his movements... That could be explained by his captors --whoever they were-- trying to go easy on an injured person. He didn't think he deserved such kindness and kindness alone didn't explain the feather bed on which he was lying. If he was as he thought in Shinigami's custody, it would have made more sense for him to have been thrown in the hold. In spite of the training that told him he should probably feign sleep a little longer, he was also tempted to throw a glance at the person that was watching over him. He still nursed the silly hope that it would be Helen Winner... Duo Maxwell... Anyway, whichever name he gave the beautiful creature, he knew that hoping they would willingly get near someone as disgusting as himself was wishful thinking.

"You know, I can tell you're not asleep anymore. There's no need to pretend."

Well... not Helen than. The voice was distinctively male but not Shinigami's either. As they wasn't any point to continue the charade while his audience had caught on, he opened his eyes and turned his head to see the person who had been appointed his nursemaid...

Maybe he was dead finally, because the face that welcomed him couldn't belong to anyone but an angel. That was strange. He had always thought that should there be anything beyond death, he would go to Hell rather than Heaven. Yet, that young man couldn't be anything else than an angel with those delicate features, that pale skin, those golden locks falling artistically on the brow and those blue-green eyes twinkling mischievously...

Wait a second! He was fairly sure angels weren't supposed to get up to mischief, so the man was probably no angel. As if he could read his thoughts, the blond gave him a positively wicked grin.

"Hello there Captain! The head must be killing you. I have a painkilling draught here that should take the edge off. It tastes pretty bad though but I made tea to chase the aftertaste. Do you want some?"

Heero feared he looked kind of dumb staring at the man as if he had suddenly sprouted horns but the other didn't comment on it and waited patiently for his answer. In the end, the Captain shook himself out of the feeling of surrealism he was experiencing and tried to sit up. His head throbbed and he was grateful when the man came to his aid, fluffing his pillows and helping him to settle against them. He felt less vulnerable in a sitting position but he was still wary of the other man which wasn't acting as he would have expected of his jailer. He decided that the safest course of action right know was to play along.

"Thank you. I'd appreciate this medication you're speaking of and a cup of tea would be nice too."

"Marvellous!"

He was handed a vial of the promised draught which tasted as bad as he'd been warned. He was surprised at how trusting he was being: he didn't make a habit of drinking unknown beverages given to him by strangers. Oddly, that didn't bother him in more than a passing thought. He rationalized that if they had wanted him dead they could very well have finished him off while he was sill unconscious and they wouldn't have treated his wounds either.

Heero watched the blond pour the tea with precise gestures. There was an economy of movement and an elegance that bespoke of a refined education. That man must have come from money or, like Heero, have learned the customs of the wealthier crowd at some point. Two spoons of sugar were added in the cup obviously destined to Heero and he didn't have the heart to mention his dislike of all sweet things. That particular sweetness and the floral tea --jasmine if his nose wasn't deceiving him-- might just be the thing to get rid of the sour aftertaste of the draught that was still lingering.

"There is no milk, I'm sorry. It spoils too fast so we got out of the habit of purchasing any."

The blond looked apologetic and for just a moment, Heero was afraid he was going to burst in tears. He hurried to take his cup and advertised as much pleasure on his usually stern features as he could manage to cheer the blond up.

"That's quite alright. I'm also used to get by without."

"We tried to keep a goat on board for a while. It was brilliant. We would have fresh milk anytime we wanted, but the Captain let her go. She was quite young and he feared for her virtue. You know how men can get frisky when they stay too long onboard without a way to relieve their frustrations..."

Heero choked on his tea. He couldn't believe the delicate mouth had just brought up such a crass topic of conversation, especially as out of the blue as it appeared. Either the blond was really naive or it was part of a weird plot to unsettle him. When he finally got his gag reflex under control, Heero caught the falsely innocent expression on his interlocutor's baby face and the annoying twinkle in his blue eyes: it was definitely some sort of plot. However, he wasn't yet ruling out the possibility that he was still unconscious and having a very disturbing dream.

When the Captain displayed no further reaction than his first sputtering spell, the other nodded as to himself and quelled his previous cheerfulness. It was in the sternest of voices that he delivered his next speech.

"I am Quatre Raberba Winner, Second to Shinigami whose "guest" you presently are. We know who you are but are rather curious as to why and how you found yourself onboard the Sandrock. You've been treated fairly well as of now --well except for that blow to your head, but I have a feeling that wasn't entirely undeserved either-- and there is no reason that should change as long as you're answering our questions... and behaving of course. That's my cabin you're staying in for now and you'll be locked inside for the time being. Should you be tempted to go through my stuff, you'll be disappointed to know the room has been emptied of everything that could be used as a weapon so I'd appreciate if you would refrain."

There was a pointed look accompanying that last remark and Heero nodded his understanding. He was in no position to risk angering his captors. Quatre was right in pointing that he had been treated with unhoped-for consideration. The Captain had also noticed the twin curved swords that had been in the blond's reach all along. Regardless of his harmless appearance, Heero suspected that he would be more than capable to use them should the stowaway try anything. After all if he had been sent in alone to negotiate with the prisoner, it must mean that the rest of the crew had complete faith in his ability to defend himself. That was a moot point anyway as Heero wasn't convinced that he was yet well enough not to pass out or do something equally as humiliating should he try to get free. And now that he was thinking about it, he had the sinking suspicion that the slow rocking he had been feeling since he woke up, was not caused by his headache but because they were now at sea. There wasn't much point to escape the cabin if they weren't even in port anymore. And wasn't it just a terrific situation? He didn't even want to imagine what Trowa's reaction would be when he would realize his friend was nowhere to be found. Speaking of which:

"Mister Winner, if I may, I believe you're acquainted with my friend Trowa Barton?"

Quatre took on a thoughtful expression but didn't appear to take offence of being questioned when he hadn't yet been offered any answers himself.

"So that was him with you in Sank! I thought so..."

Something ugly briefly passed on the fair features, but the young man almost immediately cooled them in something more neutral and only the shadow of an old hurt stayed in his eyes.

"I'm surprised still to hear him mentioned as being anyone's friend. If I can give you some piece of advice Captain, it would be to never turn your back to him. He's never been deserving of anyone's trust..."

Heero scoffed. He was sorely tempted to correct the man. For all that he was not a trusting soul, the Captain trusted Trowa without reserve. In his eyes, his friend had more than earned it along the years and had never given him any reason to doubt him. However, Heero knew it was not in his best interest to antagonize Shinigami's Second. There was also a chance he could learn more if he kept his mouth shut. He had much practice at that after all, so that shouldn't be all that hard to do.

"So what did you say you were doing here?"

Heero hadn't said anything of course but they both knew it and that wasn't really the point anyway. What the question really meant was: what are you willing to say? Heero was surprised to realize it was in fact quite a lot. That didn't mean he would tell it all in one breath evidently; that would have been poor strategy when he himself wanted to learn all that he could about Shinigami and his strange crew. This Quatre Winner for example seemed like and interesting fellow and most people would be surprised to know how much you can learn about a person just by hearing the questions they asked.

"I followed your ship from Sank."

Quatre's eyes gleamed with amusement. Obviously, there was something real funny in what the Captain Lowe had just said. He had no clue what it could be. Where he was concerned, he had told the truth if somewhat embellished. He couldn't really confess he had lost the brigantine from the start and had needed to be pointed in the right direction by Treize Kushrenada's cousin, could he? But despite his silence, it was like Quatre knew all the same... somehow. What Heero didn't realize of course was that it would have been impossible for him to follow the Sandrock seeing that the ship hadn't even existed for most of the journey between Sank and Port Royal. Quatre smiled in an infuriating way but didn't called him on his bluff.

"I see. Why? Why did you follow us?"

"I had some things to discuss with Shinigami."

"Oh? And what could that be?"

"That's between him and me. I have some... quarrel with him."

Quatre regarded him with an alarmingly increasing coldness. There was something in Heero's words that he didn't like.

"So that would be why I found you in his cabin. What did you try to do to him?"

Heero didn't blush but it was a close call. He swallowed and avoided the clever gaze of his questioner instead. He would certainly not explain to this man what he had done to his Captain the previous night. Because even now that he remembered there had definitely been an answering erection in their maddening coupling, it had still been an untoward act on his part. He also doubted Shinigami would want for his second to know that he had submitted sexually to another man, let alone to one which they no doubt considered an enemy. Somehow, Heero knew that it wasn't something Duo Maxwell did on a regular basis and that he'd want it kept quiet.

As Heero was avoiding looking at Quatre, he completely missed the mounting fury. His guilty silence had been taken as a confession that he had tried to harm Duo. "Allah forgive me, but if you hurt him I'll..."

The Captain startled at the misunderstanding and interrupted him urgently. "I didn't! That's not how I meant it. I am sure he is perfectly fine and if you will, /I// /am the one presently suffering from injuries /he/ inflicted."

The blond stared at him as if he could see through him to his very core, but he appeared to settle down in the end and let out a relieved sigh. That might just be the interesting piece Heero should remember about Quatre's interrogation: there was an obvious concern and deep loyalty for his Captain in that young man. The soldier wasn't all that surprised. He had a feeling Shinigami was the kind of man to inspire such feelings in his subordinates. You just had to see what emotions he had managed to stir up in his own previously cold heart...

The Second was still staring at him but he wasn't glaring anymore and he had on a thoughtful expression that surely didn't bode well for Heero's peace of mind. It was with a grin that sent shudders up the Captain Lowe's back that he asked:

"So, if you didn't try to hurt him... I'm curious to know what would you and Duo could have been up to in the middle of the night that would have been leading to you laying half-naked and tied up on the floor of his cabin...?"

This time a little blood came up to Heero's cheeks and he bit his lips just to be sure he wouldn't blurt something stupid; it was a distinct possibility seeing how irrationally he was behaving as of late. He could feel Quatre's inquisitive gaze fixed on him, unwavering. Barring the floor suddenly opening up and mercifully swallowing him whole, he was in it for a very awkward conversation. And what was it with this man that made you want to spill your guts even while you well had to know better?

Salvation came for Heero with the door suddenly banging open and three men barging in in various states of anger. The cabin appeared to shrink to half the size with the new arrivals cluttering it. The first to talk was a giant with dark skin, darker hair and a worried expression.

"Master Quatre! Are you alright? What came over you to come up here all alone?"

The end of that sentence was almost entirely drowned out by another voice, equally as furious and coming this time from an old man wearing an eye-patch and a shirt in the most horrid fuchsia and adorned with embroidered palm-trees.

"Quatre Raberba Winner! I expect those kind of stunts from Duo, not from you. We don't know what that man is capable of. What will you do if he wakes up and attack..."

Howard's voice trailed of as he and the others took stock of the situation, noticing with incredulity that their prisoner was effectively up and about, and of all things... nursing a cup of tea. He looked bewildered at their sudden irruption. As for Quatre, his innocent expression was belied by the way his teasing smile was challenging their three visitors.

The only one who had yet to speak was the Chinese man that Heero recognized from the market place in Sank. His golden skin had darkened to an unattractive shade of red and he was trembling with rage. He struck an accusing glare at the still unfazed Prince and thundered:

"You're having a tea party with the prisoner! Are you fucking insane? Do you even remember that you're a pirate?"

Quatre offered him a bland smile and answered with perfectly studied haughtiness: "That's not because we're pirates that we should forget our manners."

He then turned back to the bed where Heero was still frozen with his cup of tea half-way to his mouth, as if the others were not even there. He plucked a little bowl from the serving tray and waved it in front of the stowaway with a bright smile and his blue eyes twinkling more than ever.

"Lemon drop?"

The Captain Lowe glanced at the offered candies and shook his head with a dazed expression. Quatre shrugged and took one that he gobbled with obvious bliss, eyes half-closed, ostensibly ignoring Wufei who was still spluttering behind him.

"Could someone explain to His Majesty the difference between a guest and a prisoner?"

Suddenly he turned toward the door and continued his rant apparently addressing it this time to someone who was staying out of view, hidden by Rashid's imposing stature.

"That's all your fault you know. You give such a shitty example of what is acceptable behaviour on this ship that nobody knows how to act anymore. And I would bet that your special brand of insanity is catching."

Heero was pleased to see the great Shinigami himself appeared from behind the immense Arab with an indignant expression which, he remarked in passing, suited his elfin features well. It was like all his face was alit by an inner fire. He was almost glowing and the Captain Lowe found himself unable to look away. To his eternal shame he actually sighed out loud and from the corner of his eye he could see Quatre smirking knowingly. Wonderful! Knowing that you were foolishly besotted with another man was humiliating enough on its own, but having it known by a third party was downright insulting.

Meanwhile, Shinigami was defending himself with fiery passion against the Chinese's slander. "Since when is it considered my fault that Quatre couldn't behave like a pirate to save his life? I certainly didn't ask him to bring tea to Heero... hm... that is... to the prisoner."

Duo covered his blunder with a scowl that clearly stated that everyone should know better than to comment about his use of the stowaway's first name. Howard merely arched a brow while Rashid looked puzzled. Quatre smiled gleefully. Heero himself actually preened. Wufei alone stayed oblivious to anything but his continuing lecture.

"It is your fault because if you hadn't let someone sneak into your cabin in the first place, there would be no "guest" for Quatre to serve tea to. Moreover, you know that man and you obviously did something unspeakable to him while we were in Sank," Wufei was pointing to the now smirking Heero while going on with his tirade, still oblivious to the undercurrent of the conversation, "or he wouldn't have followed us all the way to Port Royal. Therefore he is your problem."

"For God's sake, I didn't do anything with the bloke!" Duo stopped a moment to think over what he had just said, looked abashed and corrected with mounting frustration: "to him... I didn't do anything to him!"

Quatre actually snickered. That earned him a brief glare from his Captain, but he made a show of his innocence by bending over the serving tray and picking another lemon drop.

"Well, what other reason would he have to follow you across half the Caribbean? It's not like Hilde's right and he's been stalking you because he wants a piece of your ass; you're not a girl after all."

Heero questioned his motives for an instant and concluded that Wufei wasn't that far off mark. Such uncouth display of his baser instincts should probably have put the fear of God in him. Alas he wasn't much of a religious man and there were more important things to consider right now... like wondering if the bead of sweat presently gliding along Duo's chiselled cheek would fall on the ground or continue its erotic journey down that gorgeous throat... He had also noticed that the unexpected object of his unsuspected desires was throwing glances in his direction with increasing frequency. He hoped that was a good sign and regardless, appreciated the lovely blush each new glance seemed to put on the fair skin. He smiled back at him, unmindful of the strain it put on little used muscles.

Quatre hadn't been able to resist long to the evening's entertainment and had abandoned the candies in favour of observing the events. The vague suspicion he had had in Hilde's office was taking form before his very eyes. There was definitely something up between Duo and the dashing Navy officer. 'Allah help us', he thought, because there wasn't ever anything simple regarding Shinigami's affairs and he could already envisioned the shit load of troubles that would come of this one...

He looked at his bravest bodyguard and saw only incomprehension on the harsh features, but he noticed that Howard at least had caught on. He wasn't surprised. The old man had always been clever and for one who had known Duo as long as Quatre suspected he had, the evidence was damning. The buoyant engineer didn't looked angered at least nor disappointed, more like a little shocked and decidedly bemused. He also looked tired and Quatre remembered he had been very sick not so long ago and was by no mean cured yet. He should probably be in bed and not wasting his waning strength looking after irresponsible children.

Meanwhile, Duo was still arguing with Wufei. He was unfortunately aware that he was nowhere near as convincing as usual. It was all the fault of that damn man! That damn man and his damn blue eyes watching him hungrily like he was a five course meal and Heero was starving. Seeing that ravenous hunger, he couldn't help but remember the intensity of the previous night. That's why he was running at the mouth and letting Wufei dress him down with such pathetic ease. He hadn't even heard one word of what his friend was saying after the "piece of ass" comment: strange how selective one's hearing can be.

"Dammit! Could someone give our guest a shirt?!" Duo had distinctly identified his own voice shouting something over Wufei's annoying rant, but he couldn't for the life of him guess what it had been. Nothing good if the stunned silence was anything to go by.

"What does the state of dress of the /prisoner/ have to do with anything?"

Oh! So that's what he said. Well that was true that that bare torso was distracting. It was a perfectly reasonable request. Really, there was no reason why Howard and Quatre should be laughing so hard, nor for Rashid and Wufei to look at him like he had grown another head. And what was the handsome bastard doing now? Was he smirking? Surely not! He wouldn't have the audacity. There was defiance and a promise in the man's low tone when he finally spoke:

"Are you troubled by the sight of a half-naked man Duo? I'm sure the world would be interested to know that Shinigami has a weakness for bare flesh."

The nasal voice had gone positively sultry and Duo felt the weight of those eyes with as much clarity as if they had been caressing him. Heero had just made a tactical error however; he had reminded of Duo of who he was. He was Shinigami and he had a responsibility to his crew. He couldn't allow himself such distractions as which those eyes were hinting at. He was a pirate and not an helpless maiden easily seduced by a passing uniform. Duo straightened his stance and stood with all of his unimpressive height. That was enough for anyone to know that Shinigami was back and that there would be no further nonsense for the time being. Even Heero's smile dimmed. He realized he might have pushed his luck and he knew he shouldn't antagonize his captor.

Shinigami looked at each of his crewmembers in turn and noticed how their attitude changed immediately. They always knew the moment when he assumed command and they had learned not to get in his way... for the most part anyway: Wufei still had trouble to see reason at times.

"Good."

Duo noticed all the excitement had taken its toll on Howard. He nodded to himself and gestured to Rashid.

"Howard doesn't look too good. Take him to his cabin and see to it that Gene leaves his experiments long enough to sort out the medicine Sally gave us."

The giant nodded and took Howard's arm to guide him out of the cabin, ignoring the old man's token protests. Shinigami turned his attention to Wufei and frowned. He was obviously not pleased with the young man's latest show of temper.

"Chang! I am perfectly aware that I have my faults. Everyone has them. You also know how lenient I can be and that I encourage everyone to speak their minds. What I won't tolerate however, is disrespect. I'd like you to remember that I am your Captain and that as long as you choose to stay on this ship, you'll obey my orders and rein in that mutinous attitude of yours. As far as I'm concerned, that was your last fair warning; next time there'll be sanctions. Are we clear?"

Wufei, oddly enough, looked appropriately chastised. He knew that he had gone too far, yet again and was willing to make amends anyway his Captain would deem fit. For all his goofing around, he knew that Shinigami was a great Captain and possibly an even greatest man and he really shouldn't let his temper get the better of him. He stood at attention before Duo's scrutiny, his onyx eyes never wavering from their unusually open and honest gaze. Once Shinigami was satisfied, his features relaxed and he offered a small forgiving smile to Wufei.

"Now I think that we left Hernan in charge of the helm. If you recall he always has trouble remembering in which direction the red tip of a compass is supposed to point. It would be probably be best that you go and relieve him of this perilous task."

Wufei looked briefly scandalized at the mere thought of the plump Spanish anywhere near the helm and dashed out of the room. Duo sighed and gathered his strength for his last and worst tasks. When his eyes fell on Quatre and Heero, he was surprised to find both men silent and looking meek. Well... it was nice that something was finally going his way.

"Quatre, I know that you probably had the best intentions but Wufei was right that someone who sneak on Deathscythe is no friend of ours no matter his reasons. Seeing that you can't apparently curb your nurturing tendencies, I find it's safest that you don't come near this cabin for the foreseeable future."

"But Duo..."

"Silence! That is not open for discussion Quatre. The man doesn't look like he's about to drop dead and therefore has no need for a nursemaid. As for you, you'll stay in Meiran's cabin until further orders. Is that understood?"

"Yes Captain, it is." Quatre spared an apologetic glance to Heero and left the cabin sulking like any scolded child.

The Captain Lowe didn't know how to feel about being left alone with Shinigami. On one hand, it might be the opportunity he had been waiting for since he had awakened in an unfamiliar bed, but on the other, he had been impressed by the pirate's show of authority. There was nothing left of his sweet Helen, nor even of the passionate imp of the previous night in the formidable man now staring down at him. He wasn't exactly afraid but he knew it would be unwise to provoke him. He would have felt better if he could at least stand, it was really unsettling to have him looming over him like that.

"Now, Captain Lowe I'd like to make it clear to you too that you are a prisoner on this ship. Nothing more. I don't have the time to deal with you at the moment so all I ask is that you stay here for now and behave."

Without further ado, Duo went for the exit. He was interrupted by Heero's daring voice.

"So I guess we won't be talking about last night then?"

The Captain Lowe didn't know where that had come from. He wasn't usually one for smartass comments. His grandfather would be appalled. It was too late however to swallow back his question and he put a falsely confident smirk on his face, ready for the predictably violent reaction. Shinigami stopped and swirled around.

"Don't push me Heero, you won't like me when I'm angry. There's nothing to say that the next time I hit you I will stop at one mere blow to the head. And if you talk about last night to anyone on this ship you'll find yourself thrown overboard in less time you need to say /'sorry'/."

"I wouldn't have pegged the great Shinigami for an hypocrite. I rather recall I wasn't the only one reacting to our little encounter. So aren't you a bit petty to take it out on me?"

Duo's glare was positively frosty and Heero had to repress a shudder. He regretted the fiery passion of earlier.

"Yes I am. Petty, hypocrite and every other nasty adjectives you can think of. You better remember that in the future."

This time when he turned to the door he had obviously no intention to stop for anything. He still heard Heero's parting comment.

"Not every nasty adjectives. There is certainly no part of you that could be said to be ugly... I checked."

The door slammed with a loud bang and Heero could hear the sound of a lock falling in place, but he had managed to catch a glimpse of Duo's crimson face so he just laughed. The game was far from over and Heero had no intention to lose...
Sign up to rate and review this story