Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Rain

Sun

by RenoTurk 0 reviews

It's going according to someones plan but definitely not the Hellions. More action to come I promise! Thank you to everyone that is reading. Please rate and review?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Published: 2007-01-18 - Updated: 2007-01-18 - 1592 words - Complete

0Unrated
I don't really know what sorry means,
I've been sorry all my life I'm sorry I was born,
that's what my mother told me
I don't really know what sorry means
I've been sorry all my life

Paraadise Lost


Tru didn't recall much about getting home later that night. He'd gone to the bar for a drink and it had turned to several. Drowning his sorrows hadn't really helped matters that much. He stirred awake and opened his eyes tentatively. Was he going to have a headache? No was the thankful answer.

He found something to eat and realised that the house seemed too quiet now that Charlie was gone and he didn't feel comfortable with it. Outside it was quite a sunny day even though it had rained that night. He stumbled into the living room and put on the news. Tru thought about the fact that the FBI were looking for him and that it was only a matter of time before the inevitable knock on the door.

It wasn't wise to sit around he decided and he had no idea how to contact Shanemah. The man appeared and disappeared at his own discretion. Tru wondered why him and Charlie. In the background there was a new report about a train station. There had been an accident. Tru looked at it.

"Don't go to the station." He said pondering the words of his young ward. She had been so adamant and yet, he mumbled the complaint internally, people there were trapped in a tunnel. People were scared. Charlie had seemed adamant but at the same time it had been so very out of place for her.

The knock was precise, loud, orderly. That much he gathered immediately.

The second time it was louder, persistent and he wondered how it was a knock could sound angry. Was this her? Why had Shanemah not given him more time? He looked around the house noting things he could bring to hand as a weapon. His sword, not so well used, was up in the study. He pulled his long coat on to hide his extra appendage. The third knock was impatient. Angry.

"I heard you." He said coming to the door.

The woman had to look up but it wasn't a rushed look as she took in the man in front of her. She had taken the two steps down on the front of the house. Tru nodded an acknowledgement of her presence. He wondered if this was her. She looked at him with the knowledge that she had the right person at least.

"Tru a.k.a Hellion." She flashed a badge towards him. Confirmed. She must be the woman. "May I come inside?"

"Lucy." He stated, again his voice was like a low rumble across the air as she nodded. He looked at her making a swift appraisal of her appearance. She had short bob-cut hair that framed her face. She wore a suit with trousers not a skirt so it would no doubt be practical in the face of a fight. He wondered if she had her gun as he looked into her blue eyes. She was not the least bit worried by him. "What do you want of me?"

"This would be better inside." She said her irritation written clearly on her face.

"What do you want?" His shoulders tensed, he looked bigger, and ready to tackle her if the need arose.

"I want you." She moved up to him. She looked into his eyes and noted the steel cold blue eyes watching her back. "I'm not against bringing you in by force." She looked at him with a sickly sweet smile.

Tru sighed audibly and made a show of letting her in through the door. She stepped in, confident as though she had already won the first fight. She stood in the living room and Tru noted that she too wore the small symbol he had seen on the men in Germany. He kept his coat on and looked at her impassively.

"I am about to go out. You are keeping me from my day."

"You are going nowhere Hellion. You are being asked to voluntarily come with me to the states. You are under investigation for the murder of several men connected to organised crime." Her hand rested on her side. He knew her gun was to hand.

"This is England not the US." He pointed out. "You are here about something else. What is that symbol?"

"Iterations RND." She said. "You are a science anomaly. You do not fit the criteria of human. You are not supposed to be."

"Well thank you!" He snorted folding his arms defensively. "At least I know who you are but finding a criteria for me is not necessary. It's irrevocable to make me your idea of human and quite frankly I don't see that it is your concern. I don't do anything other than live my life."

"You are funded by the Vatican?" She stated. It was rhetorical. The silence in the house was almost the same kind of torture as being in a room with white noise. Tru was struggling to understand what she thought this little meeting would do. "They think you are important enough and high enough beyond the evolutionary cycle to fund. What are you in their eyes?"

"I am the son of a Saint they believe." He didn't theorise. Outside the clear blue skies began to cloud over. "I told you I have somewhere to go." He stated and moved to the door. "Bring me proof I killed those people and I shall come to the US if the English government believe it to be necessary."

"Where is the girl?" She asked. It stopped him in his tracks. He felt his blood calling for action, his adrenaline rising. Anger, seething blind rage was filling his senses. "Did you hide her? Why is that Hellion?"

Words rolled off her tongue like a sweetly tempting acid. Whilst she was content to talk it was laced with threats. The nature of the question seemed to drip with discontent. Fielding knew what she wanted. Fielding expected to achieve her goals.

Hellion bolted out of the door with her taking chase behind him. The bullet whizzed past his ear as he leapt the fence outside. Why? He wasn't a criminal. Charlie's words rang in his ears he could not go to the station. He couldn't jump on a leaving train. She might have prophesised something or she might have heard something on television at some point. Either way he was not going to take chances. Whirling past him the bullet hit the fence impacted and stopped in motion. Tru however was not stopped in motion. He ran off over two more fences and into the woods at the back of their estate.

Fielding came running into the woods moments later. Tru was hiding up in a large tree and watching her. Leaves had been disturbed by his movement as he settled uncomfortably and resolved to wait her out. A stranger in his land she seemed to keep that air of confidence despite her missing her target. Mobile phone pulled from pocket. Mobile phone connecting to her office.

"Sir, he has escaped for now. I need more data to be able to fully deal with him." She listened intently. Tru pulled shadows around himself noticing his left leg was getting a cramp. "Yes sir. I'll head there right away."

Tru panicked as she left. Where was she going? Let it not be to see Charlie and the priests. He'd done as Charlie had said. He'd done the right thing by her and listened. He avoided the station. He should have won that round. When she was gone he dropped down into the leaves and silently walked to get his car.

His hands gripped the wheel of the old Ford thirties model. It looked like an old style Chicago mobsters' car. He loved it to pieces but he was more concerned that he looked at Charlie's seat and it was vacant. He found himself grumbling away as he drove towards the Cathedral. He was not even her father and had never intended to be one. He slipped into the mainstream traffic with a sigh. It was going to be a long day he mused as he pulled his hat lower over his face to avoid the sun.

What exactly he planned to do when he got to the Chapel and slipped through the lower doors to see the Father he did not know. He wondered if he'd led her there with a visit or maybe she as somehow following him now. Headed towards the chapel and then head footsteps. Slipping through the floor he landed lower than the Cathedral and wondered where on earth he could be. The tunnel was not listed on the maps of the Cathedral.

If Tru had only heard about the unknown expanses of underground trains and stations he might had panicked more than he did. Charlie had not meant the station with the accident. Charlie had not know at all what she meant because she could not recall that moment. Tru paced down the tunnel and out into a larger area... If only he had known.

-------------------------------------------------

Author note: I have no idea where these abandoned stations are in London but hey I heard there were lots and could well believe it when I visited. Oh and hey, it's a story so in my version there is xD.
Sign up to rate and review this story