Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts

Blaze of Glory

by Ariel_Tempest 2 reviews

Not all heros are invincible. KH/Sky High. Marked AU because it's canonically impossible.

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover, Drama - Characters: Axel - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-01-19 - Updated: 2007-01-19 - 515 words - Complete

3Original
The shadows scattered before the fireball, all but a few of the slower ones dodging the attack. Those few shredded as they burned, like wisps of burning paper.

"Ethan? Where are you, popsicle?" They'd been separated, it had to be at least fifteen minutes ago. The last he'd seen of the others had been a faint, greenish glow in the locker room. It had vanished before he got there. "Zack?" He wanted to see that glow again.

The shadows regrouped, ember eyes watching him, occasionally glancing at each other. He couldn't even begin to count the pairs of eyes, the number of bobbing antennae. They filled what had once been the gymnasium.

He thought he'd seen Magenta heading for the science lab. She was small enough, she could have made it out.

He sent another fireball into the shadows. It crashed through the glass shield that had protected the students from wild attacks in Save the Citizen. Funny, but it never had stood up to him. The shadows on the other side learned that little fact too late, but for every one burned, at least two more showed up to take its place.

"Goddamn it." Where were they coming from? Will had gone to find out, Will and Layla. They'd gone who knows how long ago, the rest of them staying to hold off the darkness even though Will was the invincible one, the Stronghold of the group, the pride of Sky High. Will could make it, if they could just buy him enough time, offer enough "hero support".

The shadows swarmed against the windows - the little crawling ones piling on top of each other, a new kind flying in through the door to join the fray - blocking the last vestiges of light from outside. They filled the gym, the odds so far against him he figured he had better chances at winning the lotto - without buying a ticket.

In times like this, sacrifices were made. At least that was the lesson the teachers taught.

He thought it was a load of shit, but there was no way he was getting out of this in one piece, and damned if he was going to go out without a fight. Flame crept along his arms, catching in the glowing embers watching him.

"Die in a fire, you goddamn creepy bugs!"

--------

The figure in the black cloak dodged, suddenly halfway up the wall, leaving his fireball to crash into the brick below. The complete abandonment of the laws of physics didn't bother him.

Not knowing where he was, that upset him. He glared up at the figure - man, that was definitely a man. "Hey, where am I? And who the fuck are you?"

"Since you asked so nice, call me Xigbar. How about you?"

He opened his mouth, then frowned. He knew his name. Of course he knew his name, but for some reason, he couldn't quite bring himself to say it, to share, to give up that little bit of 'him' that was left over. Finally he shrugged. "My name's Axel. Got it memorized, Xiggy?"




Finished
Sign up to rate and review this story