Categories > TV > Stargate: SG-1 > Rosha

The Hunter

by Meushell 0 reviews

Rosha and Jolinar learn an Ashrak was sent after them.

Category: Stargate: SG-1 - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-20 - Updated: 2007-01-20 - 665 words

0Unrated
Part 2, The Hunter

-Ten Months Later-

"Jolinar!" Barg spoke in a harsh whisper as he grabbed the arm of his fellow Tok'ra. "You must leave."

Rosha, the one in control, frowned slightly, and quickly gave Jolinar control. "We are close to learning-"

"Cronus has sent an Ashrak after you. He's headed this way."

Jolinar seemed to briefly freeze in shock.

"Leave now."

Jolinar made one nod, and headed out into the hallway. Someone with heavy boots entered the room she had just left. She winced when hearing a shot from a zat'nikatel, and started running before hearing the second.

/Let me run/, Rosha thought.

Jolinar made no response, but gave Rosha control, and started working on helping Rosha's body to run faster.

The Ashrak was faster, but he realized he needed to slow down when he followed them outside, and saw it lead into a forest.

Rosha slowed a little, needing to navigate the forest, but she knew a direct path to the chaapa'ai. Her feet hit the ground hard, taking their owner off any seen path. She knew the Ashrak would have no problem following her footprints, but hoped he'd slow down to track.

Where do we go? She asked her symbiote.

Herfa, first. No people for him to hurt there. Then Yra. The Goa'uld haven't bothered them in several decades.

Rosha continued through the forest. Several plants threated to trip her. She finally made it out of the forest, and was glad to see the Ashrak wasn't already ahead of her. She wondered what path he had taken.

Run faster!

The woman ignored the voice in her head, running as fast as she could to the chaapa'ai. Her feet and right side ached from the run. You concentrate on those aches, Jolinar. I concentrate on running.

Her knees threatened to give in when she reached the chaapa'ai's dial device. Hands quickly pounded on the symbols.

/He's behind us/, Rosha heard Jolinar say as she also heard footsteps running at them. She soon heard the sound of a zat'nikatel being fired. She jumped behind the device she just dialed, and her left foot landed in a hole in the ground. She winced as she landed.

Jolinar immediately started working on healing the injury. Rosha quickly got up, and made a limping run to the chaapa'ai, hoping not to be shot on the way. She managed to make it to the blue light and seemed to collapse through it.

/He will see what symbols we used/, Jolinar said as soon as they fell out of the other side. He might have even seen what order they were pressed.

I know!
Rosha thought as she forced herself to walk to the dialing device on this planet. Again, she hurried to press the symbols.

When the wormhole opened, she wasn't entirely sure who opened it. Rosha watched for a moment, and she was thankful when she saw no one coming through. It must have been us. She sighed softly, not able to walk anymore, she decided to crawl to and through the gate.

It was a bit slower than walking, but it worked just as well. They made it through the chaapa'ai, and Rosha settled down near it. Heal me.

I am, but it's going to hurt a bit more. I worked more on reducing pain than fixing the injury when you had to run on it. It was a minor fracture until the running.


Rosha nodded lightly as Jolinar continued on. Her ankle started hurting more. She wondered how much of it was from Jolinar redirecting her efforts, and how much of it was from hearing all the details of the break.

The pain subsided when her thoughts turned to Martouf and Lantash. I wonder if the Tok'ra base is on the same planet. They both knew they couldn't return with an Ashrak chasing them. The last thing the Tok'ra needed was an Ashrak running around their base.

For now, we rest here.

To be continued...
Sign up to rate and review this story