Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > To Unite or Divide

The Kitsune's new body! Rivalry for the poor blond!

by RekkanoKuuryu 4 reviews

Naruto has been lonely and bored after rescuing Sasuke, so he befriends the Kyuubi! But what will the Ninetails do with his new friend? Become the brotherly type to Naruto, of course! What nasty su...

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gaara, Hinata, Kakashi, Naruto, Neji, Rock Lee, Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-12 - Updated: 2007-01-12 - 1438 words

-1Illiterate
N-cha! I was just bored out of my mind, when this just popped into my head. And Ruby wouldn't stop complaining about it until I had it down on paper...err..memory file...

Ruby:This just came out of nowhere.

I know, I know but it has a bit of humor...

Ruby:raising eyebrow: Right... Lets move on...

Here's the disclaimer!

Disclaimer: why do you think I would put a disclaimer here if I owned it?!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xXxXxXxX

'Choose well, kit. A lot is at stake here.'

'I know! I know! Hmm...that one!'

'..are you sure?'

'YES, YES I'm sure!'

':sigh: dammit you win.'


"Alright!" Naruto shouted out loud. Everyone stopped talking and looked at the blond.

"Naruto , you idiot, shut up and sit down!" Sakura yelled at him, and then slapped him upside the head.

"itai....!" Naruto whined, inside the Kyuubi snickered.

"ahem. As I was saying before I was interrupted," Tsunade looked pointedly at Naruto before continuing, "About our treaty with the Sand. It seems, Gaara as the Kazekage was the best thing to happen to Sunagakure no Sato. He has started up treaties with the other villages again, and Suna thrives.."

'blah, blah, blah. Does she ever stop being boring?!'

'apparently not. She's talking about something else again.'

'augh...Hey let's play again!' Naruto grinned.

'Bets?'

'a bowl of ramen!'

'you idiot . I'm inside you, how can I?'

'well...y'see...there's a jutsu I've been working on...'


Kyuubi (a/n: duh, who else is he gonna talk to?) perked up. He may be an idiot, but he's got a knack for inventing jutsus, Kyuubi reminded himself.

'Go on.'

Naruto grinned inside his mind. The fox always encouraged his weird jutsus.

xXxXxXxXx

The kyuubi and him had become good friends, since Naruto couldn't play with anyone else. Sasuke was too busy training, Sakura was practicing medicine with Tsunade. And Kakashi was nowhere to be found, as usual.

Desperate, Naruto started visiting the kyuubi's cage more and more often. Outside , in his physical body, he stayed in lotus position (?) and looked like he was meditating, for hours on end.

The old fox grew fond of Naruto as well (a/n: who wouldn't?) and dropped the arrogant, 'LOOK-at-me-the-wrong-way-and-I'll-rip-off-your-face-bitch' attitude. So he was relatively nice to Naruto.

Except for the occasional sarcastic and/or sadistic remark here and there. (a/n: nobody's perfect.. ) And soon, Naruto

became like a son or younger brother to him.

The others didn't really notice the difference in Naruto. Gradually ,though, everyone began to note the absence of the cheerful blond...that or the lack of noise.

Everyone had thought it peculiar that Konoha was so peaceful. No one could put their finger on why it was so. It was like something was missing.

They all had been training when it finally sunk in.

Sakura had slumped down onto her knees to regain her breath. Tenten, her opponent, was beside her. Neji was still sparring with Lee, while the rest were in the grass, watching.

Somehow, Gai's team ended up sparring and training with team 7. Shikamaru was already there, watching the clouds, Choji and Ino decided to accompany the shadow user.

Kiba, Hinata and Shino had nothing better to do, so they came. Sasuke was in a tree, resting. Suddenly, Hinata stood up and walked over to Kakashi, who was reading his perverted book.

"um..Kakashi-sensei, where is N-Naruto-kun?" she asked. Kakashi looked up and around him. Neji and Lee had stopped to listen to the conversation.

All of them had noticed, and somehow training in silence , without the energetic blond seemed...empty.

Kakashi looked once more and said to Hinata, " He was gone?"

Everyone fell anime style.

Even Sasuke was waiting for the answer because, even if he denied it, he sorta missed Naruto's calming presence. The blond was the only one that turned the Ice Prince of Konoha into a regular smiling idiot-- I mean teenager.

Said Ice Prince had fallen in shock, but grabbed a branch and hoisted himself up to land gracefully on the ground.

"Whaddaya mean 'he was gone?' You didn't' notice?!" Kiba yelled while Akamaru growled. Hinata was worried.

"I-I'm gonna go find him" she said making up her mind and started walking to the forest. Neji, Sakura, Sasuke and Lee volunteered along.

"Byakugan!" Hinata whispered determinedly, after they had walked into a denser part of the forest. Neji had activated his Kekkei genkai as well. Soon there combined efforts sensed him.

All of them followed the Hyuugas to the heart of the forest. Sasuke heard crashing water in that direction, and raised an eyebrow.

Lee pointed towards the waterfall and shouted, "YOSH! Let us go to Naruto, for he is at the fountain of youth!"

Everyone sweat dropped.

Hinata had already started running towards his energy. Sakura followed closely along. Neji and Sasuke went running at breakneck speed, to get some space between them and Lee.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XXxXxXxX

The sound of a waterfall grew steadily from a rumble to an almost deafening roar.

As they reached a clearing at the base of a waterfall, Hinata stopped suddenly; as did Neji and Sasuke.

Sakura cradled her head in her arms. When the shock passed she looked up. "What was that?" she asked feebly.

No one answered.

They had been following Naruto's chakra signature, when it suddenly spiked up. The sheer power of the burst of energy was enough to make them physically feel the air pressure change.

The group regained their breath and stepped into the clearing cautiously.

"Tsk. Naru-chan. You forgot to regulate the amount of

Chakra again" said a baritone voice.

Everyone froze at those words.

"Shaddup."

They recognized the second voice.

"..."

"Kyu?"

": sigh: yes?"

"Eh heh...can you take me home? I'm to tired to move"

At this the figure threw back his head and laughed heartily. Which sounded like a feral bark of laughter. His back faced the group, so they only saw his dark black pants and long sleeved black kimono.

Everyone looked at each other, uncertain of what to do.

Hinata gathered her courage and walked timidly forward (a/n: Gasp!) "Um...e-excuse me, but could we have our friend? If you don't mind..." She added quietly. The man turned to face them.

His blood red hair was long enough to reach down to the small of his back. Some stray strands of hair fell on his face, covering his sharp red eyes. The pupils were slits and had an animalistic appearance to them.

On his cheeks were whisker marks like Naruto's, but his were thicker, darker and more prominent. And he only had two on each cheek.

When he saw Hinata his face broke out into a grin. A white flashing grin that exposed his fangs.

Which freaked everyone out.

"Hinata-chan! How nice to see you in person!" The stranger said.

Everyone then got a good look at what he was cradling to his chest. A blond mess of hair stuck out.

It was Naruto.

"Hey dobe! Wake the hell up!" Sasuke shouted, anxious to see Naruto away from the stranger.

The man looked at him and held Naruto closer to his chest. (A/n: He was holding him bridal style) "Shut up Sasuke-teme. Naruto belongs to me." the man said in a scary over possessive voice to rival Gaara's.

"Yosh! Who are you to squander Naruto's youthful spirit?! You have no right!" Lee said, outraged. Sakura followed Lee by shouting, "Give us our idiot back!"

The man just stared at them and replied, " Psh. Fuzzy brows and forehead girl." Lee and Sakura were enveloped in a dark swirling aura at the insult.

"Give him back to us. Like Lee said, you have no right." came Neji's monotone voice. The red-headed man smiled slyly. "I've every right, fate-boy " and with that, he disappeared in a burst of fire.

Everyone stayed still, staring at the scorch mark on the ground. Then Sasuke spoke up, "Did anyone else notice..?" he trailed off.

They all nodded.

The man had called them by the nicknames Naruto had given them.

xXxXxXxX

I'll give cookies and milk to whomever guesses right about the identity of the red head... (it's so obvious!)..who is really really possesive I must say...

Ruby: Dun, dun dunnnn!!! And so the mystery unfolds...

it's a mystery?

Ruby:Shrugs: don't really care either way

Gaara: When am I coming in?

Soon...next chapter maybe? Ruby?...Hey Ruby!

Ruby:death glare: There can only be one red head on this Author's note. (Ruby is a red head)

Gaara:glaring back: I agree.

Help?...give me 3 reviews and I'll do it during math class ^_~ !!

Ja ne!
Sign up to rate and review this story