Categories > Original > Fantasy

What could have happened....

by Kettles 1 review

THIS IS A FANFIC FOR HOLLY BLACK. There just isn't a category for it, so I'm putting my Tithe fanfic under this for now. It's my version on what could have happened if Kaye said something instead...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-22 - Updated: 2007-01-22 - 443 words

0Unrated
What ACTUALLY HAPPENED in the diner scene:

"That's my third question: What is your full name?" She didn't know what she had done, not really. She only knew that she was forcing him to do something he did want to do, and that suited her fine.

Roiben's eyes darkened with fury. "Rath Roiben Rye, much may the knowledge please you."

Her eyes narrowed. "It's a nice name."

"You are too clever by half. Too clever for your own good, I think."

"Kiss my ass, Rath Roiben Rye."

He grabbed her by the arm before she even saw him move. She raised her hand to ward off the coming blow. He threw her forward. She shrieked. Her hand and knee connected hard with the stone floor. She looked up, half expecting to see the gleam of a sword, but instead he pulled her jeans hard at the waistband and pressed his mouth against the exposed swell of her hip.

(Tithe 80-81)

What COULD HAVE HAPPENED in the diner scene:

"That's my third question: What is your full name?" She didn't know what she had done, not really. She only knew that she was forcing him to do something he did want to do, and that suited her fine.

Roiben's eyes darkened with fury. "Rath Roiben Rye, much may the knowledge please you."

Her eyes narrowed. "It's a nice name."

"You are too clever by half. Too clever for your own good, I think."

"Go fuck yourself, Rath Roiben Rye."

It seemed as if their portion of the diner was caught in a bubble of silence. Roiben stared, no, glared at Kaye for a second. She returned the intensity of his gaze, loving the livid crimson in his cheeks. It looked out of place on his countenance, like a chess piece dipped in blood. Then he turned suddenly, one of his thin arms stretching over the heads of the people in the booth behind them. He ignored their scandalized exclamations as he seized their tray of butter.

"This is the nature of servitude, Kaye," Roiben said through gritted teeth, his snarl portraying his deep loath for her, "It is literal-minded and not at all clever. Be careful with your epithets." Turning on his heel, the Dark Knight of the Unseelie Court strode to the Men's Restroom, his spine gripped with stiff and practiced poise.

"The hell was that?" Doughboy laughed nervously.

As if in response to his words, a disgusted shout rose from the bathroom. "Holy shit! What the hell are you doing, boy?!"

And Kaye just blinked.


((don't ask....seriously.....just don't. I just wanted to write this for some reason after re-reading the book ^^))
Sign up to rate and review this story