Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Blood, Sweat, and Worry- Has finally paid off!

The Homunculi Make Their Move

by NoZoMi17 0 reviews

Homunculi, huh? You don't say?

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst - Characters: Alphonse Elric, Edward Elric, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Pride, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang, Sloth, Wrath - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-25 - 1171 words

0Unrated
The Homunculi Make Their Move-Chapter 1


"This is it Al! Finally a solid lead on the Philosophers stone!" said Ed as he walked into the room.
"I know brother. We can finally restore our bodies. It's a little hard to believe just how close we are." Said Al as he looked up from the desk he was sitting at to look at his brother. Ed sat down beside his brother and handed him the research book he was looking for.
"I know Al. what's say you to checking it out tonight?" said Ed with a mischievous look on his face.
"I'm not sure I like that look in your eye, but yeah we should check it out now while its still dark outside." Said Al as he stood up from the desk. He quickly put away all the materials that was on the desk and handed Ed is trademark red jacket. Ed hastily put it on, turned off the lights and left with Al following cloes behind.

"Brother are you sure that this is the right place?" said Al as he looked up the side of the old abandoned warehouse.
"Of course Al. Although I have a bad feeling about this for some reason." Ed said taking his glance away from the building to look at Alphonse.
"Me too. Which probably means that if we don't go in..."
"Then we are going to be in even more trouble, I know!" said Ed with an annoyed look. Ed huffed and slowly walked up the steps of the warehouse. Al slowly opened the door to hear a God forsaken creeeeek come form the door.
"Brother? This place is really creepy." Al winced.
"Ah, come on Al. You're a six foot tall walking suit of armor. What do you have to be afraid of?" Ed said looking back at his brother with a smile, temporarily forgetting how young and timid his brother really was. The brothers continued to walk looking for some signs of the stone's whereabouts.
"Find anything yet Al?" asked Ed.
"Nope, you?"
"Not a blasted thing!" Ed said as he kicked a rock across the room. The rock hit something soft. Edward heard a mysterious and maniacle laugh. "Envy!?"
"Envy? Where?" asked Al looking around desperately. Envy popped out of the shadows. He was smiling more than usual. His green hair still long and gangly, swinging back and forth as he walked.
"Hello chibi-san. So glad you came to visit. There is someone here to see you." Envy pointed to a corner that seemed to have a puddle of water residing in it. A glob emerged from the puddle and began to take shape. The woman resembled that of their...
"Mom?" said Alphonse in a voice only a mother could love, so soft and fragile as he spoke. Edward gritted his teeth at the imposter.
"Al! She's not our mother! She is only manipulating you!" Ed said running to get in front of his brother.
"Why Edward dear, how rude to say such things about your mother." With that the woman extended her arm allowing it to form into water, she flung it at Ed knocking him back.
"Brother!" Al said rushing to his brother's side. "I am sorry brother, Its just so hard." Ed got up wiping his lip.
"I know Al. But you can't keep letting her get the best of you." Ed clapped his hands together, placing his left hand over his right arm causing a blade to form from his automail arm. He began to run towards the imposter when he was blocked by envy.
"Oh no chibi-san, your fight isn't with her but with someone a little bit closer to home." Edward looked at envy dumbfounded as he kicked Ed in the stomach. Ed rolled on the ground gasping for air. "Sloth now!" yelled envy to the imposter. Sloth morphed into her water state and filled the inside of Al's armor. Al struggled trying to get that thing out of his armor. Somehow, sloth was stronger than before, he couldn't seem to fight her control. She took complete control of his limbs and started walking towards Ed.
"Brother, hurry run!" Al said in a frantic voice.
"Not a chance Al!" Ed said as he avoided an attack from the massive metal fist coming towards his face only to be punched in the stomach with the other metal fist. As Ed gasped for air, he felt something cold and hard grasp around his neck and tighten, allowing him even less air. He tried to pry the hands away from his neck but he was no match for those metal gauntlets. Alphonse was trying his hardest to loosen the grip around his brother's neck. That was all he could even attempt to do. He had succeeded for a moment, but then the grip tightened once again. Al winced each time his brother made a desperate attempt to gasp for air. Edward opened his eyes only to see a gray figure in front of him, his vision was already starting to blur profusely. Then, suddenly the grip loosened completely and he fell to the floor inhaling as much air as possible. Alphonse had managed to free his older brother from the imposter's fickle grasp.
"Brother are you alright!?" Asked Al as he attempted to stop all movement that sloth might try to make.
"I'm fine Al." Edward slowly stood up and almost falling over because of dizziness. Before Ed or Al could even suspect it, A large finger extended out towards Ed. Alphonse looked at his brother who was stopped dead in his tracks, he noticed the finger protruding from his brother's midsection.
"BROTHER!" yelled Alphonse as the finger went back to the humunculous it belonged to. His brother fell to the ground. "LUST!" Alphonse would have given anything to try and help his brother right now, but with sloth in his armor he couldn't do anything. Envy walked over to the injured Edward lying on the ground face in the dirt.
"How does it feel chibi-san? Does it hurt? Come on, cry out in pain."
"Not on... your life" Edward said holding back a cry of pain. He wasn't about to give envy that pleasure. He pulled himself up to a kneel. He clapped his hands saying, "And stop calling me chibi!" he placed them on the floor, and made a hole for envy to fall in. only, he dodged it in time. Unfortunately, that had used up a lot of Ed's strength right there, so her was very exhausted at this point and in a lot of pain. He looked up at Al, who was shaking trying to fight back sloth.
"Brother I am so sorry. I am trying as best I can, but I don't know for how long until she gets stronger. Because of me, you are injured."
"I know Al....[heave]...it's not your fault." Ed was losing way too much blood, way too fast. His vision still blurred, and it wasn't getting any better.
Sign up to rate and review this story