Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > At Trust And Love And Hope

Chapter 4

by Ricey 0 reviews

Friendships are put to the test, love is explored and life is changed through the course of one very interesting tour. AN: A long chapter, I enjoyed writing it too much to cut it down anywhere. En...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-01-26 - Updated: 2007-01-26 - 2705 words

0Unrated
"Alright this is our last song tonight Chicago," Pete panted into the microphone. He grinned at the screaming kids, his eyes half closed in bliss. "We want to thank you guys for coming out tonight, it feels good to be back home in Chicago." The place erupted in screams. "Haha, well yeah," Pete chuckled. "So we'll see you guys this spring on our The Kings of Ups And Downs Tour." He waited till everyone had calmed down before continuing. "Now I want you motherfuckers to tears this place apart. We're Fall Out Boy and we fucking love you guys."

The place seemed to erupt as the crowd surged forward when Patrick starting singing Saturday. Ricki danced with Dan and sang along with Patrick. She laughed when Pete was pulled into the crowd when he was screaming into the microphone.

Patrick waved at the crowd before taking off his guitar and jogging to the side stage. Joe threw his guitar pick at the crowd and helped plant Pete's feet on the ground as he crowd surfed to the front. Andy chucked his drum sticks before grabbing his glasses and water and walking off stage. Pete waved at the crowd once more before jumping on Joe's back. Joe laughed and ran around the stage a couple times before running off stage.

"Ah, I've missed watching you guys," Ricki said excitedly as Pete jumped off Joe's back and hugged her. "Ewwwwwwwww."

"Come on, you know you love it," he laughed, picking her up and spinning her around. "Gonna wait for us?"

Ricki pushed at Pete and stared at her hands. "Dude that's gross." She shrieked when Andy picked her up and rubbed his face all over hers. He set her down and calmly put his glasses on as if nothing happened. Ricki stood still, her eyes squeezed shut.
"Uh...what's wrong with Ricki," Patrick asked, coming back from the green room with towels.

"JUST," she said loudly, eyes still shut tight and arms held away from her body. "Tell me you have an extra towel."

"Uhm yeah," he said placing it in her out reached hand. He laughed when she gingerly patted herself with it. "So Pete and Andy must have hugged you."

Ricki nodded slowly and stuck her tongue out at Andy. "Don't give me that innocent look."

Andy laughed and rubbed the sweat off his chest. "I haven't seen you in a month and you're giving me lip already."

"Did you get tongue," Joe asked, taking a sip from his water bottle. He smiled at the whoops Pete and Andy were giving.

"No more comments from the peanut gallery," Ricki said, finally dry and threw the towel at Joe. "Shouldn't you kids be going? I've still gotta run to the store and you guys have gotta go and play nice with the fans."

Pete finished off his water bottle and nodded. "Yeah, we gotta get going. What are you gonna go buy," he asked as he put his towel over his shoulder. He tossed the empty water bottle into a trash bin by Ricki and held his arms up triumphantly. "Ohhh!"
"I'm gonna grab sodas and waters and some beer."

"Sweet," Joe lisped, tossing his now empty water bottle towards the same garbage can. "Hey," he scoffed then Ricki slapped it away just as it was sailing in.

"Rejected," Pete yelled.

"That's for the tongue," she told him matter-of-factly. Once they left her mouth she gasped and clamped her hand over her mouth.

The guys stared at her before laughing out right, Patrick the only one being modest and just laughing and not pointing obscenely like everyone else. He walked to Ricki and put an arm around her embarrassed form.

"Oh yeah...we have DEFINITELY missed you."

_________________________________________

"Where are the plastic cups," Joe asked.

Ricki stood up from where she was stuffing bottles of Budweiser and Coronas into the fridge. "Theyyyy should beee," she drawled out as she checked numerous cupboards. "Here!"

"Sweet, thanks babe," he took the cups and walked back into the living room.

Ricki stared at his retreating form and cocked her head to the side. "Hm...that is no problem at all. Goodness me, will you look at that tush? His momma...why am I looking at Joe's ass?" She knelt back down and started shoving the bottles in so hard they rattled and clinked. "I need some serious help."

"If you keep talking to yourself like this, I would say so."

Ricki glanced up as Andy hopped onto the counter, all smiles. "I know right? So really, how are things in Andy land?"

"Good, good," he nodded, accepting the water bottle she held up for him. "Me and Melody are doing better now that I've had time to actually spend with her."

Finally done, Ricki stood up with a Corona and popped the lid. "Ahhh," she breathed after taking a long drink. "She still not used to all that time on the road?"

Andy shook his head rather sadly. "But she said she's gonna come over here tonight," he brightened.

"Sweetness." Ricki held her hand up, which Andy promptly high fived.

"Okay, where are the girls," Pete asked, barging into the kitchen. He grabbed himself a water bottle and leaned against the fridge.

"On the prowl again," Ricki mused, eyebrow raised.

"I should hope so," Andy said casually, swinging off the counter effortlessly. "I'm tired of hearing him moan in his sleep."

"Andy!" Pete shot him an accusing glare as he walked out. Turning his attention back to Ricki he merely sighed at her staring. "Okay so I'm lonely, that a crime?"

She giggled and drank. "No one said it was Wentz. But I'm a little hurt here. You had a sex dream and you didn't tell me?"

Pete rolled his eyes at her and she rolled her eyes back at him. "My sex life isn't something I like to talk about, especially with you." He haughtily stuck his nose (his rather large nose, Ricki thought) in the air and walked away.

"Don't walk away from me mother...Travis!" Ricki launched her 5'3 frame at Travis McCoy's 6'1 frame. "I didn't know you were here!"

Travis laughed and stooped down to hug her tightly. "Yeah, I'm passing by and Pete said that there was a party here." He grinned down at her, his unruly hair sticking out at every direction. "And I couldn't pass up one of Ricki's famous parties."

Ricki giggled and squeezed Travis' hand. "Well, when I do it, I do it up big."

"Are we talking about tongue again," Patrick asked as he walked past the two.

"Oh there's been tongue," Travis asked excitedly.

"No," Ricki said, making a face Patrick when he grinned at her. "The boys are being well...themselves. So the beer's in the fridge and I think Hilary is making mixed drinks." She pointed to Pete's sister behind a low table, laughing with Joe as she poured drinks.

Travis nodded and patted her on the head. "Much love kid."

Ricki giggled and turned towards her living room. Patrick was sitting next to Disashi (who waved at Ricki till she thought his arm would fly off), Andy was talking on the phone and walking to the door (she definitely heard the familiar "No, no, if you're at the park, you gotta turn around" directions) and she grinned rather stupidly at the site of Joe trying to hold his red cup and pick up Hemingway at the same time.

"You look happy," Pete commented as he leaned against the frame of the kitchen door.

Ricki smiled at him. "I am, I've missed this. We haven't hung out together since Europe and its even better now that's your sister and Travie and D came. Thanks for assuming to hold a party here."

Pete nodded and drank more of his water. "Actually I was talking about the way you were looking at Joe."

Ricki rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Joe, who had given up trying to pick up Hemmy and was rubbing his foot over the dog's tummy. "I missed him, what can I say?"

Pete looked at her profile and took in the way her eyes devoured everything about Joe in. He grinned smally when her lips parted slowly when Joe bent down to pet Hemmy fully, exposing his rear in plain view.

"Are you horny?"

The music that had been blaring seconds earlier cut off just as Pete asked his question, loudly. Everyone stared at the pair, both sporting looks of embarrassment, though Ricki's face held a darker shade of pink.

"Well are you," Travis asked loudly.

"I'm...not answering that," Ricki said, taking a deep drink of her beer. The room laughed at the way Pete was nodding his head vigorously behind her.

"So you did offer tongue," Patrick said, snapping his fingers. The room erupted in laughter, Joe and Pete more so knowing what he was talking about.

Ricki grinned saucily at him. "Maybe I am, gonna take up the offer 'Trick?" She tongued her canine at his flushed face. Hilary put the music back on and winked at Ricki's appreciative face.

"So are you," Pete asked quietly.

Ricki turned towards him, eyebrow raised. "What's with the sudden interest in my sex life?"

Pete set his jaw. "What's with the sudden interest in mine?"

"Okay, someone's in a mood," she huffed. She pushed past him and replaced her empty bottle with a full one.

"I'm not in a mood," he defended, crossing his arms in front of him, his face in full Pete Wentz Pout Mode.

"Bullfuckingshit," she shot back. "Every time I ask about the last month you clam up faster than Joe when his mom asked about his tattoo."

Pete huffed up. "This is a lot more serious than a fucking tattoo."

"What is THIS?"

"I...can't...well its not that I don't want to, well not like that but its...look," he said finally, ending his rambling. "Its something that I've been thinking about and when I figure it out I'll let you know. Okay?"

"No."

"Ricki -"

"Don't 'Ricki' me Pete," she said forcefully. "I'm not leaving you with your own thoughts again."

"What do you mean again," he asked, putting his water bottle down, causing the water to shoot up a little. "Just let me deal with it okay?"

"No," she repeated, matching his anger with her own. "I'm not letting you 'deal with it' because the last time that happened you ended up in the parking lot of Best Buy and we both know what fucking happened there."

Pete's face paled and Ricki saw him start to close into himself. Slapping herself mentally, she walked up to him and placed her hands on his.

"Hey, look I'm sorry," she said quietly. He nodded and didn't look at her. "Its just...I get scared when you get like this." He nodded again and Ricki grasped his chin lightly to make him look at her. She sighed inwardly when she saw the war waging inside his eyes. "I don't want to lose another piece of you."

Pete blinked around the tears and nodded again. "It's nothing like that Ricki," he whispered. When her eyes still harbored disbelief, he kissed the tip of her nose. "Just...trust me, please?"

She sighed and placed a hand on the side of his face. "Just...when this gets too full, come to me so I can help you, okay?"

He placed a hand on the upper part of her breast. "And when this aches too much, come to me okay?" Ricki nodded and wrapped herself, Pete wrapping his arms around her.

"Hey Hil...oh sorry," Joe mumbled as he walked in. "I'll leave you two alone."

"No it's fine," Pete said. He kissed the top of her head before releasing her. "We just had to get some things straightened out."

"Was it her tongue," Joe grinned devilishly.

"Just for that I'm not talking to you for two minutes," Ricki said. She stuck her tongue out at his laughing face.

"And still with the tongue," Andy grinned, holding hands with a petite blonde.

"Oh my god, whatever," Ricki said, sticking a hand in Andy's face. "Hey Melody."

Melody Dobbs smiled and hugged Ricki delicately. "Hey Ricki. The guys aren't giving you too much trouble are they?"

"Nothing I can't handle."

"I got something you can handle," Pete said, sticking his pelvis out.

Andy laughed and tugged on his girlfriend's hand. "Now's a good time to leave. You don't have to see Ricki kill Pete so early in the night."

Joe laughed at the way Pete was swaying his hips at Ricki invitingly, her face stony. "Before you two starts beating each other up, I came for vodka."

Ricki gave Pete another glace before looking at Joe. "I'm not talking to you still."

Joe chuckled and pulled her to his side. "Come on Ricki, it's been two minutes, Miss I Time How Long I'll Stay Mad At Someone."

Ricki blushed, ignoring the way her arm tingled when his hand came in contact with her skin. "Whatever, and stop with the hips," she told Pete. He merely grinned at her.

"First tongue then hips," Patrick said, walking into the kitchen. "Did you really miss us that much?"

"Why is everything so sexual with you guys," Ricki gasped, giggling. She didn't miss the way Pete stopped swaying his hips when Patrick walked in. Just like she didn't miss the way he tensed up when Patrick leaned against the counter next to him.

"I call it like I see it," Patrick mused, grinning at her crookedly. He turned to Pete. "And why were you swaying your hips?"

"I didn't...I mean she told me...well see...Ricki said some...I wasn't like...well you know..."

"Ha," Joe yelled, causing everyone to jump. He stuck his phone in Ricki's face. "Two minutes!"

Ricki giggled and shook her head. Untangling herself from Joe she moved between Pete and Patrick, bumping her hip against Pete. He had been so tense that he stumbled, falling on the ground.

"You've got a big butt if you push over Pete," Patrick giggled going around Ricki to help him up. He offered his hand and looked at Pete strangely when he got up by himself. "Why you're welcome Pete." Patrick gave him a sarcastic grin.

"What's up with you," Joe asked, taking the bottle of vodka from Ricki's hands.

Pete opened and closed his mouth but no words came out. He was saved from answering when Travis burst in.

"What is this, a meeting?"

Ricki giggled and shook her head. "We just got caught up."

Patrick raised his eyebrow at Pete before making his way past Travis. "I'm gonna go see if D wants anymore help on this song."

"Come help me make drinks," Joe told Ricki. "Hilary is probably talking to Melody."

Ricki grinned at Pete, who scowled back. She followed Joe into the living room, smiling smally. Andy was fiddling with the CD player while Melody and Hilary were talking animatedly on the couch. Patrick and Disashi were hunched over a laptop, Patrick punching in combinations, his dark company bobbing his head to music pumping through earphones.

"Ricki?"

She snapped her head around and almost ran into Joe. He balanced her out, grasping onto her arms. Joe smiled brightly in her face, squeezing her arms at her dazed face. "What are you, drunk?"

"You wish," she scoffed, regaining her composure. She quickly hid her blushing face by bending down to fake fiddle with her shoes. She righted herself to see Joe giving her a long look. "What?"

He shook his head, averting his eyes. "Nevermind. So what goes into this drink again?"

Pete watched the interaction between two of his best friends. He took note of the secret glances they stole and the way they would jump if they came into contact with each other. He raised his eyebrow at the way Ricki's eyes momentarily glazed over when Joe hugged her to him quickly. He smiled to himself, realizing that what everyone had seen from the first day was finally coming to realization between them.

"Well...things are about to become more interesting."
Sign up to rate and review this story