Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > What Guilt Feels Like

What Guilt Feels Like

by Kakashi_lover 1 review

Sasuke's about to accomplish his dream...when all of the sudden Sakura walks into the picture.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Itachi, Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-01-27 - Updated: 2007-01-27 - 1538 words - Complete

-1OOC
What Guilt Feels like

Sasuke's about to accomplish his dream...when all of the sudden Sakura walks into the picture.

Well, this is just a short fan fic I felt like writing in my spear time since I didn't have time to write a full 10 page fan fic, I wrote this!

~0~o~0~
If you alredy read this I'm sorry I had to post t again cuz I deleted it my accident... =(

~0~o~0~
It was near dawn the sun was just starting to come up in the horizon, a young man no older than 18 stood thinking hard about what he was about to do. The young man was pale skinned, had dark raven black hair, dark eyes, and wore a black one piece outfit. He was very good looking. When he was still in the academy and his three man squad he got chased by girls all the time. It had been a while since a girl actually looked at him, for he had been training with Orochimaru in total darkness for more than three years. The young Uchiha had been training with him to get strong enough to avenge his clan, to kill his older brother, Itachi Uchiha. When he over heard Orochimaru talking to Kabuto about taking control and using his entire body, Sasuke fled. Now he was obligated to find his brother and kill him. The only problem was... he could not find him. For weeks now Sasuke had roamed around looking for signs of Itachi. That didn't come until a couple weeks later...

Sasuke had been walking close to his old village were he grew up... where he was born, where his clan was killed, where he faced many hardships, where he became a ninja, where he graduated, where he had a three man squad, where he made many friends, where he made many fond memories, but he left it all to get what he desired... power. Sasuke was walking though the forest of trees surrounding the hidden leaf village, when he found an article on the ground to the daily Konaha newspaper.
It read, "ALLIANCE MADE WITH AKATSUKI!!!"

A little earlier this week the Akatsuki has come to us and asked to join forces, to beat the threat Orochimaru. The fifth Hokage has thought about this through and has come to the conclusion that we should form an alliance with them. The former S-Ranked criminals are now part of the Village Hidden in the Leaves. They are going to help us win this war against Orochimaru and his dark forces. We are pleased to say that the Akatsuki are harmless to Konaha and would only attack Orochimaru. They are now are allies. If anything were to go wrong at any moment we have two of our very own high ranking officers to handle the situation..." Sasuke stopped reading here thinking of the fact that he knew where Itachi was. His brother was part of the Akatsuki and the fact that he was in a village Sasuke knew like the back of his hand made him grin. The only problem now was how to get in and kill him.

~0~o~0~
Sasuke decided to wait till night fall and attack him when no one was up. The day crept on slowly... Sasuke tried to wait near the gate to the village in the nearest tree, but he was afraid of being spotted by ANBU officers, so he waited pretty far back in the forest of trees surrounding the village. Night began to creep into the village like smoke leaking into a closed room. Finally it was dark.

Sasuke broke into the village and hid in a near by tree. He was thinking about where to go next now that he was in. Where would Itachi be staying? Then it hit him. What old deserted house would fit the entire Akatsuki and two Leaf Ninja...Duh, was all that Sasuke thought then for a moment because the answer was so obvious! The Uchiha estate! His very own house.

Sasuke ran, he ran as fast as his feet would take him until he came upon his house. He jumped onto a ledge and walked around it until he came across Itachi's room, but when Sasuke was able to open the window and jump in, he didn't realized someone else was in the room too.

Sasuke quickly did some fancy hand signs and hit Itachi in the neck with his index finger. This would cause Itachi not to wake up while he was there. Sasuke quietly said, "Chadori!!!" and a swirl of electric light filled
the room.

Ready to attack, to kill his older brother, Sasuke was stopped by a small voice that came from the farther side of Itachi's bed... "Sasuke???" A small tired voice called out in the dim lit room. But even though the room was dimly lit with Sasuke's jutsu he could make out whom it was sleeping next to his older Brother. It was the girl who used to like him, the one who would fling her pink hair around, the one, who always agreed with him, chased him, the one who was on the same squad as him, went through the Chunnin exam together, the girl who wanted him to leave the village the least. The girl's name was Sakura Haruno.

Sakura sat up and did some quick hand signs. Sasuke would have been quicker to react, but the fact that the girl who had been on his team and knew how much he hated Itachi would be in his bed!!! Sakura's jutsu hit Sasuke and it caused his Chadori to go out.

Sakura making a light out of her own chakra asked Sasuke, "What are you doing here???" In a demanding voice.

"What am I doing here???" Sasuke repeated. "What are you doing in bed with, with, with, ITACHI!!!"

"Well, if you must know we are getting married in a week..." Sakura said a little more quietly than last time.
Sasuke's mouth dropped. "Well..."

Sakura was quick to reply, "I know you came here to kill him... I won't let you!" Sakura got out of bed and walked slowly toward Sasuke. Sasuke looked at her with an aggressive look. Then softened a little.

"I'm sorry Sasuke. I wish I didn't have to do this but it's the only way..." Sakura said softly. "At least you'll end up with your mother and father and the rest of your clan."

The thought of Sakura ever killing him never crossed Sasuke's mind till it was too late. Sakura hit him in the heart with a quick stab with her kunai... Sasuke was dead.
Sakura looked at what she had just done, fell to her knees and cried.

~0~o~0~
"We gather here today the say good bye to a boy who we were tying so hard to save. Late last night we received a call from one of his old team mates Sakura Haruno, explaining how she had found Sasuke Uchiha's body outside the Hidden Leaf right after witnessing Orochimaru kill him..." The man in charge of the funeral held for Sasuke explained.

When the funeral ended Sakura excused her self from Itachi, Naruto, and Kakashi sensei, who had been at the funeral with her along with basically the rest of the village. After awhile and the little get together was over Sakura still had not returned. It was dark. The sun had set for the day and the moon had been out in the sky. Itachi had himself, Naruto, Kakashi sensei, and some ANBU go out looking for her.

One hour later Naruto had gone out into the forest that surrounded the outside of the village and found Sakura. She was lying on the forest ground with a kunai in her heart and covered with blood. Sakura was dead.

Me and you and Sakura both know that the whole thing that the man explained at the funeral didn't happen. Right after Sakura killed Sasuke and had finished crying...she called the Fifth Hokage and lied to her saying that Orochimaru had killed Sasuke when it really had been her. Sakura felt so bad for what she had done (killing Sasuke) that she had killed herself. She missed Sasuke and needed to apologize to Sasuke. That was the only way to clean herself of her guilt.

Even now no one knows why Sakura died or how, other than the kunai in her heart. That was a horrible day for the Hidden Leaf Village for two ninja had died.

~0~o~0~
On the bright side! While Itachi was looking for Sakura he came across a lottery scratch off. Itachi picked it up and took out a dull kunai. He began to scratch and scratch and scratch... until all of the sudden, Itachi screamed, "OMG!!! I WON 100,000,000 DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!" Itachi happily forgot about Sakura and ran to the local marketplace to get his money.
~0~o~0~

Well...WHAT DID YOU THINK???? Please leave reviews and rate my story! I always love it when u all rate and review!!!! And I hope you like the story! It was not like my other ones... this one I thought was more emotional. Oh, and go read one of my other stories!!! Thanx for reading!!!! =)
Sign up to rate and review this story