Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Xepher

Xepher

by HitoshirezuHABG

Sora and Roxas are twins. When they were eight, their mother had a third child and could no longer afford to support all three of her children. Or, was that just what she told Sora. She gave Roxas...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Zexion - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2007-01-29 - Updated: 2007-01-29 - 2712 words

?Blocked
Title: Xepher
Author: X-Hitoshirezu-X
Rating: PG-NC-17
Chapters: 1/18
Parts: 1/3
Part Title: I Know You
Chapter Title: X
Pages:7

Description: Sora and Roxas are twins. When they were eight, their mother had a third child and could no longer afford to support all three of her children. Or, was that just what she told Sora. She gave Roxas up for adoption, and kept Sora and the new baby. When Sora turned fourteen, he got into a serious accident and lost alot of his memory, including the part about having a twin. Meanwhile, Roxas was adopted at twelve. Now, because of his adoptive fathers job, Roxas has moved to the Destiny Islands, and is in the same school as Sora.

Author's Note: PLEASE READ THIS. I got the idea for this story from a Dance Dance Revolution song called Xepher. I plan to have three parts, and each part will have six parts, the first of which will always be X. This first X is the present, even though chapters 2-5 will be the past, and chapter 6 will once again be presant. It starts off slow, and kind of boring, but it has a few laughs in it, I hope that's enough to keep you reading and wanting to continue this story. I am terrible at keeping up with my stories, so I warn you of this now, however, because I'm not in school, nor do I have a job, I should be able to write this story whenever I feel like it. It might also be a bit confusing, but everything will clear up. Without any further ado, here's Part One, chapter one!


~~
X
~~

"The first day of school is always hard." That's what Riku had told him. And, every year Sora would scoff and say Riku was wrong; only to grudgingly admit later that Riku was right. This year was no different.

"You're wrong! I'm used to first days now. After all, I am an tenth grader now."

"And what do I get if you're wrong and your first day is hard?"

"...an apology?"

"Right. Best get to bed now, Sora. Don't wanna be late because you overslept!"

"Shut up, Riku!"

Sora Yamato hung up the phone with a pout. Riku Mimura, his best friend, was always teasing him. Not that he minded of course. Huffing, Sora stripped down to his boxers and flicked off his light before climbing into bed.

"Stupid Riku! I know tomorrow's gonna be awesome! Something big is gonnna happen...I can feel it!"

With a satisfied look on his face, Sora rolled over, tugging his stuffed rabbit close to his chest. His sapphire eyes fell closed and in minutes he was fast asleep.

In the doorway stood his mother, Kaya, a smile on her lips. Moving into the room, she slowly picked up a few scattered items (mostly his laundry). Once the task was done, she moved to the bed, leaning over to plant a kiss upon the sixteen year olds forhead. Sighing softly, she walked back out, shutting the door behind her.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~
A loud buzzing startled Sora from his sleep. Glancing at the clock by his bed, he couldn't help but let out a groan.

It was seven-thirty on a Wednesday. Sora was not thrilled. He showed his contempt by glaring at the green digital numbers. After a minute of this he grunted and say up, climbing out of the bed.

"Fine, fine. You win. I'll get ready for school."

Grabbing the clothes he'd layed out the night before, Sora was soon shuffling down the hall, past his sisters room, and then to the left to enter the bathroom. Shutting the door behind him, Sora thrust a hand into the shower stall, turning the water on. He waited til it was just the right temperature before tugging his boxers off, slipping into the warm water.

It was another few moments before he was even ready to wash his hair, being slow as he began to.

"Rinse....lather...repeat, for smooth, silky hair. God, girls are stupid."

"Nu-uh, Sora."

A yelp could be heard as Sora stuck his half-rinsed-of-shampoo-head out from behind the curtian to find his eight year old sister, Kairi, on the toilet. He whined averting his eyes.

"Kaiiiiri! You couldn't wait til I got out?!"

"I would've wet the bed!"

"So?!"

Sora quickly pulled his head back into the shower, rinsing his hair of the rest of the shampoo. And then, the dreaded sound of the toilet flushing made Sora scream even before the hot water hit his skin.

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"

Giggling, Kairi walked out of the bathroom, smiling happily to her mother. Kaya raised an eyebrow as Kairi continued, yawning before she said "That's what he gets for saying girls are stupid", before disappearing back into her room.

Sweatdropping, Sora's mother peeked into the bathroom.

"Uhm..are you alright, honey?"

"...I have to remember to apologize to Riku."

Chuckling, Kaya walked out, heading towards the kitchen to make Sora his breakfast.

Grumbling, Sora conditioned his hair, quickly rinsing it and grabbing his Axe body wash. The blue fluid of Pheonix smell was lathered between his hands before they roamed every inch of his body, making the teen and the bathroom smell good and clean.

Once rinsed off, he climbed out, grabbing a towel to dry off with. Tugging his clothes on, he made a pleased noise.

"I am gorgeous."

Blowing a kiss to his reflection, Sora reached to the left, grabbing his hair gel. In moments he had his hair in spikes tipped with red. Glancing around he spotted his make-up case. Talented hands and fingers soon had his face done up in true gothic fashion. Dark red eyeshadow, black mascara, and a pale face, eyes lined with eyeliner.

"Deadly like poison, yet so sweet it'll give you cavities."

Glancing himself over once more, he nodded, walking out of the bathroom, stomach growling. A hand moved to the rumbling object, rubbing against it soothingly.

"There, there. Daddy's gonna fill you soon."

Rounding the corner, Sora bounded down the stairs. He snagged his backpack, grinning.

"Mom! Sora junior's growling!"

"Sora junior? What poor girl did you---oh. I see. Well, sit down and feed him already."

Kaya stopped short when she Sora's hand on his stomach. A plate was than filled with eggs and bacon, than placed in front of Sora.

"Eat and then move. It's already six-fifteen."

She really needn't have spurred him on because Sora was already half-way done with his food. A few more moments and Sora's plate was completly empty and Sora was bouncing, ready to leave.

Anxious are you? Did you even do your summer homework?"

Kaya handed a bag over to her son. Said son grinned and jammed the bag into his backpack.

"Yes, I wrote the poem, mom. And I don't know why you bother making me lunch. Riku always gets me Burger King."

This was because Riku had study hall before lunch, while Sora had art. By the time Sora got to go to lunch, Riku was always back with food for the both.

"Well, if you don't want it, give it back!"

"No way! After school food! I might not be coming straight home anyway. Riku said something about the dykes wanting to go shopping."

"Sora!"

"They don't mind that word! Bye!"

Before his mother could say anything else, Sora was out the door, running in the direction of the school. He waved to his neighbors, checking his watch with a grin. Riku'd be on his way to school soon as well.

School started at seven-ten, but Riku's first class was at seven-thirty. The only flaw Sora saw was that Riku still got out before him. Sora got out at two-fifteen everyday, while Riku got out at two on A days, and one-forty on B days. Somehow, Sora didn't think that was very fair, but he never complained. Or, almost never.

"Oi! Sora, wait up!"

Sora'd been so lost in thought that he hadn't heard his friend Tidus calling him. When he did, he stopped and grinned sheepishly at the blonde.

"Sorry, Tidus. I was thinking."

"Don't strain yourself."

"Whatever! Like you have any room to talk Mr. Fails Art Class. How do you fail art?!"

"By making out with the sexy senior boy in the high school's football field. I love those bleachers."

The two blinked, then burst into laughter, Sora nearly crying from how hard he was laughing.

"Oh my GOD, Tidus! Too much info buddy!"

"I didn't even tell you a quarter of what he did to me!"

"Nooooo!! My virgin ears!"

"Among various other virginial parts of you."

The smooth voice that had spoken the words turned out to be Zexion, Sora's friend, and much to Riku's brother, Axel's chagrin, Demyx's boyfriend. Axel just couldn't understand what the college freshman saw in the little eleventh grader. Rolling his eyes at the cheesy grin Sora gave him, Zexion fell into step with the two.

"Why don't you just sleep with Riku and get it over with?"

Sora baulked, his voice becoming slightly squeaky as he replied.

"Well, for one, I'm sixteen in case you forgot."

"I'm only a few months older than you, and I've done it."

"Just because you're a whore doesn't mean Sora has to be."

"Who are you to talk, Bleacher Boy?"

Tidus flushed brightly, quickly falling silent as Sora continued.

"For two, Riku's my best friend. He's not even my boyfriend!"

"Not from lack of trying, anyway."

"Huh?"

"Nothing, Sora. Continue."

"And for three, I want my first time to be with someone who really loves me, and I love in return. I don't want sex. I want love."

Zexion made a face, and then started to jog, seeing their school.

"Keep talking like that and someone's gonna rape your innocent ass! Later."

Sora frowned, waving the green-haired one off, glancing to Tidus who was glaring at Zexion's back.

"If you keep practicing, you might be able to actually burn a hole through him."

Tidus blinked, than grinned.

"Maybe."

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~
"Please take your seats, class. We have a new student joining our school today."

Sora yawned, taking a seat behind Zexion (who was taller than him so it made it easier to fall asleep and not get caught), next to Selphie (who was always drawning attention to herself, and therefore away from Sora), and in front of Tidus (to make note passing all that much easier). In front of the room stood their English teacher, Diz, and beside him stood the hottest blonde that Sora had ever laid eyes on.

The teen had bright sapphire eyes that could have even rivaled his own, lined with black and framed in a silver powder. On his body was a short-sleeved hoodie, with a red hood and sleeves, while the rest was a maroonish color. Under that was a silver tanktop that matched the eyeshadow perfectly.

But, what really caught Sora's eyes was the tight, form-fitting black jeans the boy wore. Sora could feel his heart beating faster. He knew this boy, but he was also sure they'd never met.

To Sora, this boy fit his poem perfectly. In fact, Sora was sure that the poem he'd written was about the blonde in the front.

How could that be?

"This is Roxas Enna. His family just moved here from the city, so please be kind to him. As for where to sit, why don't you take the open seat beside Sora? Sora, wave so Roxas knows who you are!"

"Yessir!"

Sora grinned brightly as he raised his hand, motioning Roxas over.

Blinking, Roxas did a double-take before he walked up the aisle, taking his seat beside the brunette. That boy looked alot like his long lost twin...

He turned to get a better look, but before he could speak, Sora was being called on again.

"Sora! You're a good student. Why don't we start todays class with your poem that you were supposed to write over the summer."

Smirking, Sora stood, paper in hand as he walked down the aisle to the front of the class. Taking his place in the center of the floor, he grinned.

"And write it I did."

Taking a deep breathe, Sora locked eyes with Roxas, ---who surprisingly didn't look away----before he began.

"Existing in this place now are uncleanable lies.
"Keep on dancing, between the sky.
"With prayers, between the sky.
"I wonder when it has began."


The class watched him, eyes all locked on the lone figure up front. Yet Roxas, whose eyes were locked with Sora's, felt that the only person that the poem was ment for was him.

/Could he know...? Does he remember me?/

"How far do I have to go to see the light?"

The words sparked a soft gasp from Roxas' lips. It was like a sudden power had filled him. Something that was opposite the light that Sora was talking about.

"Until now, what you don't know does exhist."

/He doesn't know. Or rather, he does, but he doesn't realize that he does!/

"With your fingertips,
"Follow the part of the dirty, dark sky."


Dirty? Dark? Did Sora think that he was the one tainted? Roxas couldn't believe the words in the poem. They were speaking of himself and Sora. His brother. There was now no doubt in Roxas' mind that Sora was indeed his twin.

"At the end of the bright road,
"What is waiting for you?
"Take you to harmony.
"But, you don't know."


/That's right, you don't know, Sora. But you will. I'll make you know./

Roxas had been informed of Sora's accident through the newspaper, and he knew that Sora had no recolection of him. But the poem that the brunette was reading made it clear that maybe he didn't outright know, but deep down, subconciously, Sora knew he had a brother.

"The hatred was given birth,
"Into you, has taken breath away,
"And turned it into a poison,
"That's killing you silently."


That part was true as well. Roxas was hated from his birth, he was born hated, and his breathe had been stolen away the day his mother abandoned him. From that day, Roxas had thoughts of pure acidic hatred towards his birth mother, silently killing himself for hating someone who'd given birth to him.

"Stars in your eyes...
"Stars in your heart...
"You live in shadows of shade,
"And commit the eighth sin."


Roxas only could see stars, could only feel the stars in his heart, as if they were the only thing that guided him through his life. He hated the light of day, taking away his dreams of the stars. The brightest star was always his brother. And thus, the eighth sin was his, and his alone to commit. Loving his own flesh and blood. Loving his brother. Loving just a little bit too much. It drove Roxas mad hearing these words coming from Sora's lips. But looking into Sora's eyes made him stop his thoughts. Sora didn't know. Sora didn't realize. It hurt.

"The never-ending fighting and pain.
"Your name written in the sky."


Constant turmoil. He hated the way he was living. Without his brother. Thrown around for two years before someone finally took him in. It was as if his name really was written in the sky. So bold, and yet so far away that it couldn't be grasped.

"Unrequited exhistance will turn everything into nothing."

Roxas snapped.

The class was silent, even Diz didn't say anything. But, Sora ignored this, only keeping his eyes locked with Roxas'. The blondes eyes were filled with unshed tears, a plethora of emotions swimming through them. Pain, guilt, rage, hatred, and love. Sora watched, eyes going wide as Roxas stood, taking one step, than another, advancing upon him.

No one stopped him. Everyone was either too confused or too stunned to move, hardly even breathe. But it was Sora who broke the silence. As if the blondes emotions were suddenly inside himself, he screamed. A pained, heartwrenching sound. He knew Roxas. He and Roxas were connected. Roxas was...

"...my twin..."

Sora collapsed just as Roxas reached him. He heard screams as he fell. Felt arms around him, catching him. Then it was silent and everything was dark as he blacked out.

TBC...
Sign up to rate and review this story