Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Crimson Clouds

Crimson Clouds

by Firehawk038

Sora and Cloud Strife are in trouble when a familiar and dangerous man sets his sights on Cloud. Their good, but somewhat shady, friend Reno helps them again but this causes the man to get even mor...

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst - Characters: Cloud, Leon, Riku, Sora, Other - Warnings: [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-01-30 - Updated: 2007-01-30 - 10252 words

?Blocked
Crimson Clouds

Summery: Sora and Cloud Strife are in trouble when a familiar and dangerous man sets his sights on Cloud. Their good, but somewhat shady, friend Reno helps them again but this causes the man to get even more dangerous and go after Reno for the death. What's a friend to do? Call in some equally dangerous favors. C/L S/Ri Ro/A onesided Se/C, Runo, De/Zex,

Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts, and if you don't know that... you're dumber than I would think possible. deep breath ONWARD!

Chapter One

A golden haired teen stood gazing at the sky, musing over the clouds, maybe even daydreaming. The open window let in a breeze that caused his naturally gravity defying spikes to sway.
"Cloud! If you keep staring out that window we'll never make it in time!"
Cloud turned away from the window and smiled at his younger brother.
"Relax Sora, they won't care."
Sora was a few years behind Cloud and, like Cloud; he was short for his age. He had spiky cinnamon hair and pretty blue eyes. His were nothing compared to Cloud's though.
Cloud's eyes were a bright, almost glowing, deep blue. He was a girl's dream boy. Too bad for the girls, but Cloud was different, and so was Sora. All their friends knew it, and to their relief, didn't care.
"Cloud, we seriously need to get going." Sora whined.
Cloud sighed.
"Alright. Alright." He dug through his pockets and pulled out his keys. He tossed them to Sora.
"Now go on, I'll be there in a minute."
Sora gave him a concerned look before running off.
Cloud shook his head and turned back to the window. He frowned at what he saw. The clouds where quickly turning dark and he could feel the air temperature drop sharply.
'Looks like it's going to storm.' He thought absently. He reached out and closed the window. He started to turn away then stopped. On sudden impulse he turned back and locked the window. He looked out the closed window and shivered.
'Something's not right.' He thought worriedly. Then with one last look out the window he turned and hurried out of his room to his car.

As Cloud slipped into the driver's seat of his blue car, he felt calmer. Sora was talking adamantly on his cell phone, getting more and more excited. Cloud glanced at him as he backed out of the driveway and headed toward Agrabah Mall. Agrabah was the biggest mall in Radiant Gardens, and the hang-out of the brothers and their friends. When Sora hung up, Cloud looked at him and groaned.
"What?!" Sora demanded.
"What did you agree to and for whom?"
Sora grinned, "That was Roxas!"
Cloud raised an eyebrow, "Roxas? What did he want?"
Roxas was their cousin who lived way across the other side of Radiant Gardens. They didn't have as much contact with each other as they would have liked. Roxas was Sora's age and looked a lot like him, but his hair was a lighter color. So where his eyes. Like the brothers he had his own group of friends.
"Well," Sora said, "He wants to meet us and our friends with him and his friends. Oh, how fun!"
Cloud was quiet a minute then,
"Sora, you do realize that we have to convince the others to go with us? Right?"
Sora shrugged, "No big. They'll come. And if they don't want to, all we have to do is pull the 'Twin Puppy Dog Eyes of Doom' and they'll be more then willing."
Cloud thought for a minute, then grinned,
"Sounds like a plan!"

When they reached the mall they fought their way to the mall's heart. They reached a large fountain and spotted their friends. Their three friends were seated around the lip of the fountain. Axel was a red head who spiked his hair in a backwards direction, he had cat like green eyes and a slightly crazy personality. Demyx was a short haired blonde who loved the guitar. He had a tendency to be over dramatic. Reno was another red head who kept his long hair in a low pony tail. He was calmer then the others to the point of being almost lazy, almost. He had sky blue eyes. Reno loved things flashy, like bombs and explosions, but he wasn't a pyromaniac, that's Axel. Sora plopped down next to Demyx and Cloud sat next to him. Axel moved from where he was sitting, next to Reno, and sat next to Cloud.
"Where have you guys been?!" Demyx whined, "We've been waiting for like an hour!"
Reno snorted, "Try five minutes."
He turned to the brothers, "Don't worry bout it. We were late too. Mostly cause Dumb Demyx here, couldn't decide what ta wear. I swear dat asshole should have been a girl."
Demyx sniffed, "Reno that was mean."
Reno shook his head, "No, dat was fact."
Sora giggled and Cloud just rolled his eyes.
Axel smirked slyly,
"Something's up Blondie, what's going on?"
Axel snaked his arm around Cloud's shoulders as he spoke. Cloud opened his mouth but Sora spoke for him.
"You'll find out with the rest of them Axel. Now quit trying to seduce my brother! How many times do I have to tell you?!" Sora pushed Axel's arm off a lightly blushing Cloud.
"I can't help myself! He's so irresistible!" Axel whined.
"Axel." Sora warned.
"Oh fine." He pouted. Cloud shook his head and stood.
"There's something Sora and I want to ask of you three."
Sora stood up to speak his part.
"Cloud and I were hoping you three would go with us to meet our cousin Roxas and his friends." The brothers saw looks of uncertainty on their faces and activated the 'Twin Puppy Dog Eyes of Doom'. There three friends groaned and reluctantly agreed.
Cloud and Sora smiled at each other.
"Yes!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Roxas locked his door behind him and dashed down his driveway to a red car. He jumped into the backseat and, closing the door, turned to the driver.
"Thanks for picking me up Leon." Leon was a tall brunette with shoulder length hair. He had stormy grey eyes and a scar that ran diagonally across his nose. He wasn't much of a talker and mostly kept to himself.
Leon shrugged, "That's okay because you're paying for gas."
Roxas gaped, "What!"
The teen in the passenger seat burst out laughing.
"He's just kidding Rox, relax."
"Huh? That's not funny Riku!" Roxas yelled.
Riku was Leon's younger brother. He had longish silver hair that fell below his shoulders. His eyes were an ocean like color. It was hard to believe the two were even related. Only the matching attitudes gave any hints.
"Actually it is." Riku sneered.
"Hump. Whatever. Yuffie, Zack and Rufus will meet us at the café right?"
Leon nodded not taking his eyes off the road. Riku turned in his seat and opened his mouth to say something to Roxas, but a catchy cell phone ring filled the car before he could speak. Roxas fished through his pockets and pulled out his cell. He flipped it open, put it to his ear and said,
"Hello?
"Oh Sora! How are you? Will they come?
"Hehehe. Works every time, huh? Never works for me.
"What! We look almost exactly alike!
"Oh I can't believe you!
"That's right you better listen to your brother!
"I can't believe you said that! Did he hear you?
"Sora? Sora? Halloo? Oh Cloud!
"Okay sure. You do that.
"Okay. Yep. Bye"
Roxas snapped his phone shut with a giggle and put it away.
"I love how Cloud dishes out his revenge!"
Riku stared at him and Leon shook his head, muttering, "I so don't want to know."
Riku turned back mouthing, 'Okay,'
Roxas looked from Riku to Leon and back again.
"What? Sora was making fun of Cloud and me. And you don't want to get on Cloud's bad side, however temporary. That's what I've heard anyway."
"We'll keep that in mind." Riku said.

When they pulled into the parking lot of Port Royal, a burger house and hang-out of Roxas and friends, Leon killed the engine and they climbed out of the car. Roxas gently closed the door; Leon got pissed when you slammed the door on his car. Riku however slammed away. Leon walked calmly over to Riku and whacked him on the head.
"Hey!" Riku cried.
"Don't slam my door." Leon said dangerously. Roxas began snickering but instead started coughing at Riku's glare. Roxas was saved by the arrival of their two friends in a black car. A tallish teen with raven dark hair flared back in spikes climbed out of the driver's side.
"Don't you ever get tired of doing all the driving, Zach?" Riku teased.
Zach nodded, "Yeah, but I value my life more. Besides sometimes Rufus drives. So why don't you do me a favor and drive Yuffie sometime?"
Leon snorted, "Not in my car or on your life."
"You guys are so mean!" A new voice pouted.
"No were not, Yuffie." Roxas said, "It's a proven fact that you can't dive."
Yuffie had short black hair and a huge love of all things ninja. She was an extremely hyperactive girl who seemed to never run out of steam.
"That is so not true!"
"That is so true!" Riku disagreed.
"I think you guys like to argue a little too much." A strawberry blond with ice blue eyes watched the exchange with not much amusement.
"Yeah!? Well you need to lighten up, Rufus." Yuffie said.
Rufus just snorted.
Leon rolled his eyes,
"Are we going in or not?"
"Yah! Fooood!!!!" Yuffie cheered and forgetting their argument, raced into the building.
"Oh and by the way." Riku said as he held the door open.
"Roxas is paying."
"What!?"
"Kidding! Relax."
Leon sighed,
"What are you? Five or Fifteen?"
"I'm thinking five." Rufus said with a smirk.
"You think your funny, don't you? Well, you're just an out of work comedian." Riku frowned.
Rufus shrugged,
"I was just being serious."
Rufus was the type of person who came off cold, hatful, and uncaring about anyone. And, to a certain degree he was. For Rufus Shinra it was both beaten into him by his father and it was a slight defensive mechanism. Rufus didn't want to care about anybody because he saw it as a weakness and a possibility of getting hurt. His mother was dead and he hated his father with a passion. His father was the President of the Shinra Electric Company, the most powerful company in Radiant Gardens and the surrounding areas. Shinra was more than as electric company, it was using its political power in attempts to control the people. Rufus was not proud, but because he was his father's only son, he was expected to be perfect and become vice-president, eventually replacing his father. Rufus was highly intelligent; he found out that his father had hired the men who had killed his mother when he was 6. Now, 12 years later, he had a few friends and many enemies. The old man, as Rufus called him, had raised him to look at people below him and treat them like garbage. So, Rufus did, until he met Roxas. Roxas had, for some reason, befriended him and slowly he got to know Roxas' friends as well. Rufus was single and planned to stay that way.
They gathered at their usual table and a brown haired, maroon eyed waitress followed them over.
"Hi, guys." She said with a smile.
Roxas sat down and returned the smile.
"Hi, Marlene."
"So, what will it be? The usual?"
They looked at each other and all nodded.
"Marlene!"
A shaggy brown haired, blue eyed boy had stuck his head out of the window where the plates were put to be picked up. Marlene turned,
"Yes, Denzel?"
Denzel was the assistant cook and Marlene's boyfriend.
"Got more plates for you."
"Coming!"
She turned back and smiled again,
"I'll place the order. Be right back!"
She left and they returned to the task at hand.
"So are we meeting these relatives of yours, Roxas?"
Rufus asked, leaning back and flicking a stubborn bang out of his eyes.
Roxas nodded,
"Actually, I got at call from Sora on the way here. They want us to meet them at Agrabah Mall."
Zack frowned slightly,
"They?"
"Yeah. Sora, Cloud and their friends." Roxas said.
"How many friends?"
Roxas shrugged,
"He didn't say."
Riku shook his head vigorously,
"Wait! Did you say Agrabah Mall? That place is huge! How are we going to find them?"
Roxas paused and thought for a minute,
"He said to meet them at the big fountain at its heart. I think he said it was their meeting place."
Yuffie squealed,
"Agrabah is awesome! That place has anything you could possibly want!"
"Do they sell duct tape?" Rufus said with a smirk.
Leon rolled his eyes as Yuffie looked at him blankly.
"Yeah, I guess. Why?"
Rufus waved his hand absently,
"Oh, no reason." He said, sill smirking.
Yuffie shrugged, "Alright."
Riku was going to say something when he noticed 2 new figures enter the burger house. He nudged Leon and Roxas and pointed towards them. The others also looked. Although they had not been in the place before they look relaxed. Well, one looked at ease the other one just looked hyper. They hyper one had cropped blond hair and was enthusiastically leading the other one.
"I'm telling you, this place is the best burger joint around. And you, my friend, could use a few burgers."
The blonde's friend was a red head whose hair was loosely pulled into a long, low ponytail. The hair on his head was rebellious, spiking all over the place with 2 locks falling down to frame a face with sky blue eyes. He also had a pair of sunglasses on his head, partly covered by his hair. As they approached the counter, Denzel came out to greet them. He looked at the red head with surprise.
"Reno? What are you doing here?"
The red head, Reno, looked at Denzel with a cross between a smirk and an actual smile.
"What? Do ya not want me here?" Reno managed to some hurt in his voice.
Denzel rolled his eyes,
"Damn Reno, you know me better then that. Of course I don't want you to go. Now who's your friend?"
Reno glanced at the blond.
"Oh, dis is just Demyx."
The blond pouted,
"'Just Demyx.'! I am 'the' Demyx. I am Reno's best friend!" Demyx slung his arm around Reno's shoulders and gave a huge grin.
Reno rolled his eyes and shrugged Demyx off him.
"Oh, get over ya self. Cloud's my best friend, rememba? Besides I've only known ya for a couple weeks, and dat's bad enough."
Despite what Reno had said the stupid grin never left Demyx's face.
Roxas frowned slightly,
"Did he just say 'Cloud'?" he muttered to himself.
Reno frowned suddenly and reached a hand into his coat pocket. He pulled out a cell phone, flipped it open and said,
"Yea?"
He listened, frowning harder.
"Axel, shut the hell up and tell me what ya called fer!"
Reno's jaw dropped,
"Why da hell didn't ya say so?"
"Whatever. I'm on my way."
He snapped the phone shut and turned stiffly to Demyx.
"Come on. We have ta go."
Demyx looked at the burgers on the counter and pouted,
"Now?"
"Yes. Now ya come with me now or ya walk back." He snapped coldly.
"Alright." Said Demyx sadly.
Reno turned to Denzel and smiled apologetically,
"I'm sorry, but we really have ta go."
Denzel nodded,
"That's alright. I understand." He noticed Demyx staring longingly at the burgers and pulled out a small paper bag from under the counter. He placed the burgers in it and handed it to Demyx.
"Here. Eat them on the way. And make sure Reno eats his, he's too thin."
Demyx stared at him like he was his savior.
"I love you! Free burgers and someone who agrees with me!"
Reno rolled his eyes,
"Oh, come on lover boy. What would Zexion say?"
Demyx grinned, "He knows he's my only."
Reno glanced at his watch and hurriedly pulled Demyx toward the door.
"Thanks again Denzel!" Then they were gone. Denzel remained staring after them with a concerned look on his face. Finally he turned and returned to the kitchen.
Leon shook his head slowly,
"That was... strange."
Roxas thought for a minute,
"I wonder if he was talking about my cousin, Cloud?"
"Maybe it was a coincidence?" Zack offered.
Roxas shook his head as if to clear it,
"Yeah, probably. Anyway Sora and Cloud said to meet them at the mall at 5:00 p.m. so we need to meet sometime before then."
"Why don't we just meet at 4:00 p.m.?" Leon said.
"Sounds good to me." Riku said with a shrug.
"4:00 it is." Rufus stated.
They finished their food with light banter and finally got up to leave in their separate rides.

As Rufus pulled out of Port Royal, his thoughts suddenly turned to the red head with the sky blue eyes that had showed up suddenly. Rufus scowled and berated himself for thinking about a person he didn't even know when he had plenty of paper work to complete when he got to Shinra. Rufus thrust the thought of the sky eyed teen forcibly out of his mind.

Cloud noticed, as he pulled into his driveway, that Reno's red and black car was parked just outside.
"That's weird. What's Reno doing here?" Sora asked.
Cloud shook his head, spikes swaying,
"I have no idea."
They got out and made their way up to the house. Cloud didn't bother taking out his key, he know the door would be unlocked. Reno was the only one of his friends who had a key. Sure enough when he got to the door and tried the knob the door swung open freely. Cloud entered and, taking off his coat, called out.
"Reno?"
Hearing his name the red head wandered in with an unreadable look on his face. Cloud frowned and looked at him in confusion,
"What are you doing here? I thought you were going to that burger place with Demyx."
Reno frowned,
"I did but I got a call from Axel. I got bad news."
"What is it?" Sora asked worriedly.
Reno sighed, "There ain't any easy way ta say dis so I'm jus gonna say it. Axel saw Sephiroth."
Cloud stared at him, "Is this one of your sick jokes?"
Reno could only shake his head.
Cloud closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened them again his eyes were slightly shinier then usual.
"Tell me." Cloud demanded. Reno hesitated, causing Cloud to glare at him.
Reno sighed,
"I told Axel, after I'd gotten ta know him, if in he'd keep a look out fer a long sliver haired man with blue-green eyes. I told him dat if in he saw a man like dat ta find a way ta get his name. If it was Sephiroth, he was ta call me first thing. So when Axel called I went ta where Axel saw him and scoped the place. Cloud, man, I'm sorry, but I saw him. It was him, no doubt."
It was clear Cloud was struggling to stay calm.
"Reno." He said, "Why did you have Axel do this?"
Reno shrugged,
"Well, seemed ta me dat Axel's da type a person ta go ta a lot a different places. I figured dat if someone'd see him, Axel would be first."
Cloud burst,
"What the Hell made you do that and not even tell me or Sora or somebody! What the Hell were you thinking!"
Reno's eyes widened,
"I jus. I thought."
"You thought! I don't think you thought at all or you would have realized the attention you were attracting. Damn it Reno! Can't you do anything right?"
Reno's eyes narrowed in hurt rage.
"You know what Cloud! Fuck you! I'm fucking sorry for thinking about keeping an eye out for the person who ruined your fucking life! I'm sorry for fucking caring! And I'm sorry for being such a fucking fuck up!" Reno spun and stormed out of the room.
"Reno!" Sora called, concerned.
The slam of the front door was all that answered. Then there was the scream of tires as a car sped from the house.
Sora turned on Cloud, angry now.
"Damn Cloud! How could you do that to him! You know how sensitive he is about being a screw up!"
Cloud looked dazed,
"I,I."
Sora shook his head, exasperated.
"I give up! I'm always the one who has to go find Reno before he hurts himself in that depression of his, bring him here and then somehow get you out of your sulk in your room so you guys can fix it. And you know what else? I'm sick of not even getting a thank you from you. I always get one from Reno, one way or another, although he also has trouble doing it, just because it comes hard for him. You're on your own this time. Deal with Reno. Then we'll work together to deal with Sephiroth."
Sora turned and stormed to his room. Minutes later Cloud could hear Sora's music booming. Cloud sighed. Sora was right of course. Reno was in danger now, both from himself and from Sephiroth. Reno became dark when he was depressed. The most common thing he would do would be to go to a bar, get drunk, then proceed to go find a group of thugs to irritate until they beat the crap out of him. Normally he would be able to protect himself, since he never went anywhere with out his weapon. But at a time like this he would not use it and Cloud knew that Sephiroth could be after Reno. Because if Sephiroth saw him it was all over. He would try to beat it out of Reno, although Reno would never give in because Sephiroth had tried it before. When that doesn't work he might just kill Reno. Cloud sighed again and started toward the door, grabbing his coat, shrugging it on, and pocketing his keys. He didn't know where to begin.

Reno tore out of their drive way, tears blurring his vision. Tears of hurt and rage. He blinked to clear them and tried to ignore the voices bouncing around in his head.
'Can't you do anything right!'
'You're the biggest fuck up I've ever met!'
'Hey! If it isn't the screw up from the Slums!'
Reno shook his head hard.
"Shut up!"
'Fuck up!'
'Screw up!'
'Don't listen to them!'
The last voice was calm and gentile, unlike the other hard and cruel voices.

±¤§¥ Flash ±¤§¥

"Don't listen to them!" A young raven haired, green eyed teen held the younger red headed boy. The boy was crying silently as the teen attempted to calm him.
"Don't listen ta anythin they say. Der all lies. Yer not a screw up or a failure. Yer da best thin dat has ever happened ta me."
The sky eyed boy sniffed and looked up searchingly into the other's green eyes.
"R, Really?"
The other smiled,
"I wouldn't be sayin it if in it wasn't true, Ren."
Ren sighed and snuggled closer to the other.
"Thanks, Kiron."
Kiron smiled sadly and rested his chin on Ren's head.

±¤§¥ Flash ±¤§¥

The loud honking of a truck jerked Reno back to the real world. He yanked hard on the wheel, swerving back into the right lane. Reno sighed and rubbed his eyes blearily. He noticed that he was close to Seventh Heaven, his favorite bar, and decided to stop. He knew the owner and was on pretty good terms with her. Pulling over out front of the bar he climber out of his car and leaned against it for a minute to calm himself. Finally he pushed himself off and entered the bar. It was fairly empty and only one person was behind the counter. A long black haired woman with large brown eyes was cleaning glasses.
"Hi, Tifa." Reno said as he sat at a stool.
Tifa beamed at him,
"Hey, Reno. What's up?"
Reno shrugged,
"The usual."
She nodded and plopped down a glass,
"What'll you have?"
"Scotch."
She stared at him, waiting.
"Straight." He clarified.
She frowned slightly but reached down and pulled out a dark bottle. She filled the glass with a golden liquid and set the bottle down besides the glass.
"Let me know if you need anything else."
Reno nodded and she moved off to give him his space. He picked up the glass and stared at it, musing, before downing half the contents. Then a calm, controlled voice spoke from his right.
"This seat taken?"
Reno looked up and met ice blue eyes. The owner of the eyes was a beautiful strawberry blond with his hair meticulously arranged, except for a bang that fell in his face. Reno shook his head and waved his hand. The teen sat.

Rufus was on his way back from Shinra when something caught his eye. He slowed and to his surprise noticed the redhead from Port Royal. Even at word he had not forgotten the redhead. The teen was leaning against his red and black car, head tipped back. Then he straightened and entered the bar. 'Seventh Heaven', Rufus thought. On impulse he drove in and parked behind the car. He locked his own car and headed in. Unsurprisingly the bar was empty besides the redhead. Rufus shook his head, wondering what he was doing, and approached the teen. He watched the redhead slam half of what ever was in his glass.
"This seat taken?" Rufus found himself asking.
The teen looked up surprise momentarily widening beautiful sky blue eyes. Then the teen shook his head and waved a hand. Rufus sat.
"I'm Rufus.
"Reno. Ya want somethin ta drink?"
Rufus shrugged,
"Why not?"
Reno nodded and raised his hand,
"Tifa!"
The women looked up from what she was doing and come over. She looked at Rufus with mild interest.
"What can I get you, sir?"
"Straight vodka."
She poured and handed him the glass. He took it and drank a gulp. As he set the glass down he noticed Reno watching him. He quirked an eyebrow in question.
Reno smiled slightly,
"No offence, but I jus can't see how ya can drink dat stuff plain."
A flicker of a smile crossed his face,
"You get more of an effect straight up. Takes less time."
Reno shook his head,
"Amen to that!"
He finished the rest of his glass and filled another.
"So" He asked, "Why ya here?"
Rufus shrugged,
"I just got out of work."
"Ah, relaxation time."
Rufus nodded,
"Basically. How about you?"
Reno sighed,
"Got into a fight with a friend."
Rufus cocked his head,
"Good friend?"
Reno nodded,
"Best friend."
Rufus sipped from his glass,
"Did you blow up on them or them on you?"
Reno sighed again,
"Him on me. I was jus lookin out fer him. Thought he would appreciate it. Guess not."
Before Rufus could comment a phone rang. Reno stared sullenly into his drink, not moving. It rang again and he started.
"That's me." He mumbled. He pulled out his phone, opened it and looked at the screen. He hesitated then reluctantly pressed a button and put it to his ear.
"What da ya want?" He snapped, turning away from Rufus.
"Oh?"
"I'm not disagreein."
Reno sighed,
"Alright. Yeah, I'll meet ya there."
"Yes, I will."
"Yeah, bye."
Reno sighed again and, pinching the bridge of his nose, snapped his phone shut. He turned back to Rufus and grinned sheepishly.
"Sorry Rufus, but I gotta go."
Rufus nodded,
"Yes, me too."
They both stood and dropped some bills on the counter. Then they walked out together where the cars were parked behind each other. Reno looked at the emerald car parked behind his black and red one and looked at Rufus.
"Dat ya car?"
Rufus nodded.
Reno frowned slightly, wondering what the color reminded him of.
"I like it." He finally said.
Rufus smiled,
"Thanks. Well, it was nice meeting you, Reno."
Reno nodded and returned the smile.
"Likewise. Maybe I'll see ya here again some time."
Rufus nodded,
"Maybe."
A low and really deep voice spoke from behind Reno.
"Reno. Fancy seeing you here."
Reno spun, then stumbled back, away from the man that loomed before them. Extremely long silver hair, eerie blue-green eyes and a cool, refined attitude summed up the man.
"Sephiroth!" Reno gasped.
The man smiled, reveling perfect white teeth.
"I have not seen you since our last pleasant meeting."
Reno growled slightly. Warning the man. Sephiroth ignored it and looked at Rufus with interest.
"Oh. Who's your friend?"
Rufus's eyes narrowed and he moved to speak but Reno interrupted him.
"That's none of your damn business!"
Rufus easily detected anger in Reno's voice, that was obvious. But there was something else too, hidden behind the anger. Wait, was it... fear?
"What do ya want, Sephiroth?" Reno snarled.
The man looked at him calmly, dangerously.
"You know what I want." Sephiroth approached, menacingly. Reno backed away, pushing Rufus back with one hand as well. His other hand was under his jacket.
"Tell me where he is!" The man demanded.
"Never!" Reno growled.
The man lunged and Reno whipped out a slender sliver rod. His index finger clicked a dial and blue sparks shimmered at the opposite end of the rod he held. Sephiroth checked up and smirked at him.
"Smart boy. I always know you were not as stupid as you acted. I'll be seeing you soon, Reno." The man spoke an emphasis on his name for reasons only Reno and the man knew. The man turned and strolled away, sliver hair flowing. Reno relaxed only when the wan was lost from view.
"What the?" Rufus asked
Reno sighed tiredly,
"Long story. He's after my friend."
"The one you fought with?"
Reno looked at him in surprise,
"How'd ya know?"
Rufus shrugged,
"Lucky guess.
Reno sighed again.
"Anyway, ya'd better get goin. If ya see him again don't give him your name. Call me afterward." Reno pulled a pad and pen out of his pocket and scribbled something on it. He ripped it off and handed it to Rufus.
"Dat's my cell number. Catch ya later."
"Wait! One more question?"
Reno paused with the car door open.
"Sure."
"What was that thing you had."
"It's called an electro-magnetic rod. I call my mag-rod. I don't much like guns unless I have nothing else. Part of dat story I was telling ya about." Then he ducked into his car and pulled out.
Rufus looked down at the paper in his hand. It read, 'Reno Tabasic. 767-1414. Give me a call anytime.'
He smiled,
"This, Reno, seems fun." Feeling surprisingly content he left the bar lot and headed home.

Reno pulled in behind Cloud's car and trudged up to the door. He opened it and stepped into the living room. He shrugged off his jacket, leaving the mag-rod in plain view at his waist. He went into the kitchen and as he opened the brother's refrigerator he heard someone come down the stairs. Reno took his drink and went back into the living room where Cloud stood awkwardly at the stairway. Reno flopped on the couch and looked impassively at him.
"Well?" Reno said.
Cloud sighed and came to sit by Reno.
"Reno, I'm sorry. I, I didn't mean what I said. I was just shocked. I'm really sorry."
Reno was quiet for a moment, finally he sighed.
"Alright. I should make ya beg more but ya need my help so I'll let ya off easy dis time."
Cloud sighed in relief and hugged him.
"Oh, thank you!"
Reno gently pushed him away, oddly uncomfortable.
"Cloud? Could ya go in get Sora? I got more info."
Cloud nodded and got up to yell up the stairs.
"Sora! Reno has more news!"
Reno rolled his eyes and mumbled to himself,
"Well I coulda don dat." Cloud didn't hear him or ignored him. A few minutes later Sora came down and looked at them suspiciously.
"You two make up?"
Cloud and Reno nodded. Sora sat across from them and sighed,
"Alright Reno, what have you got?"
Reno nodded,
"Well I went ta Seventh Heaven and was sittin at da bar when dis guy, Rufus, came over and sat with me. We talked fer awhile then Cloud called so I went ta leave an Rufus left with me. When we got outside Sephiroth showed up. He's a lookin fer ya Cloud. He was goin ta do somethin when I showed him my mag-rod. Then he backed off. I told Rufus to watch out fer him in case he came after him for bein with me."
Sora sat back and looked at the ceiling.
"So he's threatened Reno already and he's obviously after Cloud. So, what do we do?"
Reno rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly,
"I don't know but I'm seriously startin ta think dat da only way ta get rid of dis guy is ta kill him."
Cloud looked at him sharply,
"We can't kill him!
Reno snorted,
"Ya can't tell me ya haven't thought about killin da guy. Somehow."
Cloud rolled his eyes,
"Of course I have, but we can't actually kill him. It's wrong."
Reno shook his head in controlled anger,
"Yer pretty dense ya know dat. It's either you or him. Ya don't kill him he's gonna, eventually, kill ya. He's gonna have his way with ya, den kill ya or jus outright kill ya or have his way with ya when ever he wants. And as fer killin him bein wrong, did ya forget dat da fucker tried and almost did kill me!"
Cloud seemed at loss for words so Sora spoke instead.
"Well, let's just sleep on it tonight. See if we can't come up with an alternative." Sora said.
Cloud nodded and Reno just shrugged. Sora then got up and headed into the kitchen for something to eat. They sat in silence, listening to Sora's tinkering around. Finally Reno spoke,
"Cloud? Do ya mind if in I stay da night?"
Cloud smiled,
"Reno, I'd mind if you didn't. In fact I would like it you'd stay for a couple of days."
Reno nodded,
"Sounds good to me."


±¤§¥ Dream ±¤§¥

The redheaded boy ran a fast as he could down the streets, taking alleys and dodging the occasional person. He turned a sharp corner and ran smack into a wall of a human being. He fell back and hit the ground hard on his butt. The man looked down at the boy with a smirk. He reached down and grabbed the boy by a fistful of his vibrant hair and lifted him into the air.
"Let da boy be." A cold voice warned.
The man turned and faced the raven haired, green eyed teen. The teen held a gun with ease that suggested he know how to use it and would. To prove it the teen clicked the safety off. The man whipped out a knife and flashed it toward the boy's throat when the teen fired. The boy hit the ground and rolled away so the man wouldn't crush him under his weight. The teen was there and hugging him instantly.
"Ren! Are ya alright?"
Ren hugged him back tightly,
"Now I am."
Kiron sighed,
"Ya scared da crap outta me!"
Ren pouted slightly,
"I know. I'm sorry. Still best friends right?"
Kiron smiled, it was tired and sad.
"Always and forever. No matta what."
He stood, pulling the slightly younger boy with him.
"Come on lets get on home."
Suddenly Ren gasped, as if remembering something.
"We can't!"
Kiron frowned,
"Ren? What are ya talkin about? Why can't we?"
"It's Kiari!" He cried.
Kiron paled,
"What! What about Kiari?"
Tears welled in Ren's sky blue eyes but he didn't answer. Kiron grabbed Ren by his shoulders and shook him, emerald green eyes distressed.
"Ren! Tell me!"

±¤§¤ Dream ±¤§¥

"She's dead!" Reno yelped as he bolted upright in bed. He looked around wildly before forcing himself to calm down. He was alone in Cloud's spare bedroom, no raven haired teen, no giant men. Nothing but him and his memories. There was a light knock and the door slowly creaked open. Cloud stuck his head in and looked at Reno with concern.
"You okay?"
Reno nodded. Cloud entered and softly closed the door behind him.
"Another dream?" He asked as he walked over and sat at the end of Reno's bed. Reno nodded again.
"You want to talk about it?"
He hesitated, causing Cloud to softly put in,
"You don't have to, you know."
Reno had already told him a little about Kiron, but only Kiron.
He sighed and said,
"Maybe some other time?"
Cloud nodded and rose,
"Of coarse. Just let me know."
As Cloud reached the door and was pulling it open Reno stopped him.
"Thanks. Cloud."
Cloud nodded, he didn't have to ask.
"Anytime. You are my best friend."
Then with a click he was alone again. Reno sighed and rubbed his eyes. He reached over at the bedside table and picked up a plain green glass vial. He unscrewed the top and drank half the bitter contents. Reno screwed the cap back on and returned it to the table. He fell back onto his pillow and closed his eyes. He finally dropped into a, for once dreamless, sleep.

Cloud closed the door behind him softly, then headed down the hall. Sora stood in the doorway of his own room, looking sleepy but aware.
"Reno okay?" He asked.
Cloud nodded,
"It was another dream.'
Sora sighed,
"More like nightmare probably. Did he tell you anything?"
Cloud shook his head. Sora yawned and said,
"Well, back to bed then."
"Is it too late to call Roxas do you think?" Cloud asked.
Sora stared at him,
"It's 3:00 in the morning, Cloud. Of coarse it's too late."
Cloud glared slightly.
Sora rolled his eyes,
"What do you want to call him for anyway?"
Cloud shrugged,
"I'm not sure if the get together tomorrow is a good idea."
Sora sighed,
"Cloud, you can't let him rule you life. Besides he won't any advances with people around, and remember that we have Reno. You know that he never goes anywhere with out his mag-rod."
Cloud nodded doubtfully,
"Alright."
Sora hugged his brother,
"It'll be fine. We'll figure this out and get through it."
Cloud hugged him back and sighed,
"Okay."
Sora released him and before returning to his room said,
"I love you Cloud."
"I love you too Sora."


Leon backed out of Roxas' driveway and headed toward home. The sun was just setting and causing him to put on a pair of sunglasses.
"So." Riku said, "What do you think of the meeting tomorrow?"
Leon shrugged,
"What's there to think?"
"Work with me here! Do you think it will be boring and dull or interesting and fun?"
"Depends on the people."
" 'Depends on the people'" Riku mimicked, "Man you're not going to make new friends that way."
"Good thing I don't care then."
Riku rolled his eyes,
"Well you're not taking me down with you just because you're Mister Antisocial."
"I am not antisocial!" Leon protested.
Riku snorted,
"If you looked up antisocial in the dictionary your name and picture would be beside the word."
"That's old."
He shrugged,
"You asked for it." He pulled out a small pocket notebook. On its cover were the words: 'Riku's Dictionary of Proving Points'. Riku flipped a few pages until he found what he was looking for.
"See. Right there." He held the book up for Leon to see. In big bold letters the word antisocial was printed. To the right of the word there was a pasted on picture of Leon. Under it was his name. Leon shook his head slowly,
"You are a strange person."
Riku nodded and pocketed his book,
"Yep."
Leon's phone rang and he swiftly pulled over to answer it. He pulled it out and said a greeting.
"I can't take it any more!" Zack's frustrated voice came over the phone.
Leon frowned, "What?"
"I just got off work! All I want to do is go home, eat and pass out. Is that really that much to ask for!? Is it!"
"Whoa, Zack. Slow down. Now what's going on?"
"Yuffie, that's what! She wants to go to this damn party and can't get a ride. So what does she do? She calls me, begging, every freaking 5 minutes!"
"And this as to do with me, How?" Leon asked.
"I'm begging you. Please take her to her party. I'm wiped out. I'll give you the gas money even. Please!"
"Oh, no. That's not even worth it. I need more than that."
"Oh, fine! I'll owe you!"
Leon considered for a minute.
"Okay, but we'll need written and signed 'I owe you' s. Big ones."
"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! Wait... 'we'?"
"Yep. Riku's in the car with me so he'll have to put up too."
Oh, no! I hate owing him. He holds it over your head for ages!"
"Do you want us to take her or not?"
There was a defeated sigh,
"Oh, fine. I'll have them ready next time we meet."
"Alright. Do we go to her house to pick her up?"
"Yes."
"Okay. See you later."
"Bye."
Leon hung up and turned to Riku who stared at him in question.
"Well, we have to go drive Yuffie."
Riku snorted,
"What happened to the whole 'not in my car or on your life' oath?"
Leon smirked,
"That was before both of us were promised extra large 'I owe you' s."
Riku grinned,
"Oh, yeah."
"Let's get this over with."
A couple minutes later Leon pulled into Yuffie's driveway. The hyperactive girl appeared in his car and he backed out.
"Where to?"
She rapped out directions and then sat back, taking up the whole back seat. She was quite for a minute before bursting into song. The brothers cringed. It was something they had never heard of and was in no way English. Riku plugged his ears and Leon gritted his teeth. Two minutes later he could not take any more.
"Damn it Yuffie! Shut the hell up!" Leon burst.
"Why?" She asked with a grin.
"Because."
"Because why?"
"Because I said so!"
"Why?"
"Because if you do not shut up this minute I will throw you out of my car."
"...Why?"
Leon groaned,
"Think of the 'I owe you' s, think of the 'I owe you' s." he chanted.
Riku snickered causing Yuffie to turn her attentions to him.
"Riku." She sang.
He froze,
"What?"
"You like my singing, don't you?"
He snorted,
"Hell no!"
Yuffie sniffed,
"You, you don't like it?"
"No."
She gasped and began to cry. Leon glared at Riku.
"Now look what you did!"
She bawled louder when Riku tried to speak. Leon stepped on the gas and turned a corner sharply. He recklessly pulled up outside a brightly lit house.
"Okay! Yuffie were here!"
Almost immediately she stopped crying.
"Yay!" She squealed. She raced out of the car leaving Leon to yell after her.
"Call me only if you can't get a ride!"
She gave no indication that she heard him. He shrugged and continued down the road,
"Whatever. Now we can go home."
Riku sighed,
"Finally. Wait, we have to be at Port Royal at 4:00 right?"
Leon nodded,
"Yes."
"Can't wait."

Clouded sky blue eyes slid half open. Reno loosed a huge, jaw breaking yawn and stretched, back arching. He collapsed back and stared at the ceiling. He heard a short scream from what sounded like Sora and laughing from Cloud. Reno sighed. Family. That was something he never really had. His mother had been an alcoholic and he had never known his father. He didn't even know his father's name.
'Oh, well.' He thought, 'That's in the past now. Get over it Reno. You're fucking 18. It's been 8 years since you've lost someone. Keep it that way.'
Reno turned his thoughts over toward Cloud's problem. Sephiroth was a danger and must be eliminated, in whatever way necessary. Cloud can't blame him for thinking death is the only way to get rid of Sephiroth. The man had used Cloud, beaten Reno almost to death and was now, again, stalking Cloud.
Reno snorted as he kicked off the sheets and stood up. How could Cloud not think killing him is the only option? The man's psychotic.
He grabbed his clothes from yesterday off a chair and pulled them on. He was going to have to stop off at his apartment to pick up some more clothes and such. He dug in his pockets and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. He took one, put it in his mouth and pulled his lighter out of the pack. He lit it and took a drag, putting the lighter away. He didn't have a brush so he just used a hair tie and pulled it back into his fashionable ponytail. He grabbed his sunglasses off the bed side table, put them on his head and pocketed the green vile. He started toward the door then stopped. Sora would get mad at him if he didn't at least make an effort at making the bed. He saw no reason to, he was just going to sleep in it again tonight anyway, but if it bothered Sora that much. He turned back and pulled the covers of the bed up and tried to make it look as neat as he could. He stepped back and paused to view his work. That was a neat as a slum bred guy was going to get. Reno shrugged and headed back to the door. He opened it and came face to face with Cloud. Cloud looked surprised for a minute before smiling.
"I was just about to get you up."
Reno smirked,
"Oh! Thank Gaia I was already up!" He cried in fake horror.
Cloud rolled his eyes and said,
"I thought Demyx was the drama queen?"
"He still is." Reno said. He blew smoke into Cloud's face, knowing he hated it when he did that. Cloud frowned and waved a hand in front of his face.
"Do you mind?"
"Do I ever?" Reno threw back as he past Cloud and headed toward the kitchen. Cloud followed. Sora was the one cooking as they entered. The brunette turned and glared at Reno.
"What did I tell you about smoking in the kitchen?"
Reno paused, pretending to think hard.
"Ta not do it?"
Sora smiled,
"Good boy. Now, are you going to eat this time?"
Reno sighed,
"Sora, ya know I don't eat in da mornin."
Sora shrugged and turned back to the pancakes.
"Well I had to give it a try."
Reno snubbed out the cigarette on the bottom of his shoe and tossed it into the ashtray Cloud had pulled out for him. Then he sat beside Cloud at the table as they began to eat. He stared at the ceiling and suddenly thought of something. He'd had another dream last night, only this time he couldn't remember anything about it. He filed that thought away for later and stood up. It was already 11:00 and he had to get to his apartment then stop at a store.
"Well, I'm gonna get goin. I need ta stop at da apartment den da store. Ya guys need anythin?"
The brothers looked at each other, then shrugged. Cloud shook his head.
"No. I think were good."
Sora nodded,
"Just don't forget that we have to meet Roxas and his friends at Agrabah at 5:00."
Reno nodded,
"Will do."
Sora frowned suddenly,
"Oh, I almost forgot! Have you thought about anything else on how to deal with Sephiroth?"
Reno shook his head,
"No. I'm still set on da whole killin 'im."
Cloud sighed but Sora nodded.
"Okay then. We'll talk later tonight."
Reno nodded and turned to leave, but Cloud stopped him.
"Want me to go with you? Just in case?"
Reno turned back and shook his,
"No. Stay with Sora. Ya shouldn't be seen with me anymore den necessary. I'll meet ya's at da mall, jus call me if anythin comes up."
Cloud nodded reluctantly,
"Okay. Just, please be careful. You never know when he'll show up."
Reno nodded,
"Same to ya. He's got more reason ta be after ya."
Sora tsked,
"Not really, he wants you dead, Reno. Ever since you escaped him last time."
Reno shrugged,
"Maybe. If so dats all da more reason fer him ta catch me alone rather den with Cloud or you."
Sora just shrugged,
"If you say so. So we'll see you later?"
Reno nodded,
"Yep. 5:00. I'll probably stop at Seventh Heaven fer a bit."
Cloud nodded,
"Just don't get drunk okay?"
Reno rolled his eyes and snorted,
"Okay mum."
Cloud grinned and shook his head as Reno turned and left the kitchen. They returned to eating and after a few minutes they heard his car start and pull out. Much calmer then last time. The brothers looked at each other and smiled. For once it seemed things might be okay.

Reno fiddled with the dial of the radio, impatiently looking for his station. When he found it he cranked up the volume. Hard rock blared out of the speakers of the car. Reno's head bobbed and swayed to the music. Despite the fact his body was in tune to the music, his mind was not. He was thinking of Sephiroth. Aside from the encounter with the man yesterday, his last meeting with Sephiroth had been anything but pleasant. As a matter of fact it had been down right painful. Reno forced himself away from dwelling on the mental wound that the encounter had plagued him with. Then he suddenly thought of something, something important. He swiftly turned down the music and pulled out his cell. He went through his phonebook and stopped at the name Axel. Reno clicked a button and a phone number flashed on the screen. He hit send and put the phone to his ear. He stopped at a red light and counted the rings. Axel always answered at the fifth ring.
One, two, three, four, five...
"Who are you and what do you want?"
"Grumpy much?" Reno teased.
"Reno? Damn, why didn't you say so?"
"I don't recall ya givin me da chance."
"Whine, whine." Axel sounded annoyed,
"Now spill. You never call me unless you want something."
"Here's da deal." Reno stated, getting down to business.
"If ya see dat guy I had ya lookin fer, run. Don't confront him, provoke him or tell 'im anythin about ya. Describe him ta Demyx and pass on da warnin ta him."
Axel snorted,
"What's so bad about this guy? I know he's after Cloud, but how is he dangerous?"
Reno hesitated, debating if he wanted to say it. When he spoke his voice was cold and hard.
"He almost killed me."
There was a shocked silence before Axel spoke. He sounded furious.
"That bastard! What did he do to you? Shoot you? Stab you?"
The concern in his voice almost broke Reno's control over his emotions.
"No! Axel, listen to me! Do not approach him! You can't take him on your own!"
"Then I'll gather everyone I know and we all beat him to death the same way he did to you!"
"No!" Reno almost yelled,
"You're not listening! Please! Axel, don't do anything! I'll take care of it myself."
"Don't you want revenge?" Axel asked, confused.
"Of course! But if anyone gets revenge it will be me or Cloud! Understand!" Reno's voice had regained its dangerous cold. His eyes were narrowed as he maneuvered around a pulled over car.
There was a tense silence. Finally Axel sighed,
"Okay Reno. You win. I'll warn Demyx."
"And?"
"If I see this guy, I'll go the other way."
Reno sighed relaxing.
"Thanks. I don't want anythin happing ta ya guys."
Axel laughed,
"Aww. We love you too Reno."
Reno rolled his eyes,
"Oh go blow up a car!"
Axel gasped in fake hurt,
"Maybe I will!" He pouted,
Reno smiled despite himself,
"See ya at 5:00."
"5:00?" Axel asked,
"What's at 5:00?"
Reno sighed patiently,
"We're meeting at Agrabah, remember?"
Axel groaned,
"That's right, we're meeting new people."
Reno laughed,
"It won't be dat bad."
"Yeah! Maybe I can freak some of them out!"
Reno rolled his eyes,
"Bye Axel."
"... And then, when all of their attention is on me, I'll..." Click. He snapped his phone shut. Axel would go on for awhile before he found out that Reno had hung up. He loved doing that to him. Reno pocketed his phone and pulled into the parking lot of his apartment building. He exited and headed to the back door of the building. As he was starting the many flights of stairs his phone rang. He thought it might be Axel calling him back so he flipped it open and looked at the flashing numbers. He hesitated. It wasn't a number he knew. It could be Sephiroth. Reno scowled suddenly. He wasn't going to let that man stop him from answering his own phone. He pressed the answer button and held it to his ear, pausing on the steps.
"Hello."
"Reno?"
Reno frowned, It didn't sound like Sephiroth.
"Yeah, who's dis?"
"It's Rufus."
Ah, Rufus. Things just got a lot more interesting.
"Oh! Rufus, nice hearin from ya. Ya okay?"
"What? Oh, yes. I'm fine. No sign of that guy."
Reno sighed,
"That's a relief. So what's goin on?"
"Not much. I was just calling to see if you wanted to get together at Seventh Heaven again."
Reno smiled,
"Sure, why not? I can't today though."
The voice on the other end didn't seem to mind.
"That's fine. I can't either. I have a business meeting to night. How about tomorrow?"
Reno didn't pause.
"Sounds good ta me. How's 4:00 sound."
"Perfect. That's when I get out of work."
Reno had reached his floor so he leaned against the wall.
"Alright. I've got ta go now, see ya.
"Okay, me too. Have a good day...Reno."
Reno listened to the dull drone of the phone for a minute after Rufus hung up. Finally he sighed and snapped the phone shut. Reno didn't have a clue what he'd been thinking. With Sephiroth out and about it wasn't exactly safe for him to be in public, especially with other people. He could put them in danger. Then Reno's lips curled into a snarl. He wasn't going to be like Cloud and let his fear of the man to rule his life. He'll go see Rufus all right, and he was going to have fun doing it. Reno stopped in front of his door and searched his pockets for his keys. He pulled them out and froze. He had heard something from behind the door. He put his keys back and freed his mag-rod from his waist. He adjusted the power to a painful, but not killing current. Gripping the rubber grip firmly and reaching out with his other hand, he turned the knob to the door. It turned too easily, it should have been locked. Reno pushed it all the way open and slowly and carefully crept into his apartment. He heard the sound of drawers opening and closing and peeked his head around the doorway to his kitchen. At first glance he thought fearfully that it was Sephiroth going through his home. Then he realized that there were slight differences. This man was younger and his silver hair was half as long as Sephiroth's. The burglar was thinner and shorter then him as well. Reno had a feeling his eyes would be the same blue-green. Reno crept up behind the young man hoping to get a hit in before the guy noticed he was there. The intruder suddenly straightened up and started to turn. Reno struck swiftly, striking the guy and shocking him. The teen yelped and dodged away turning to face Reno.
"What da hell are ya doin in my apartment!?" Reno demanded. The teen glared calmly at him. He had been right the color was the same. The guy looked him up and down and sneered.
"Judging by distinguishing hair color, eye color and weapon, you are Reno Tabasic. Correct?"
Reno's eyes narrowed but he didn't answer the man,
"Who da hell are ya?"
Then teen crossed his arms over his chest,
"Ah, yes. The Slum drawl. Another factor. Very well. My name is Yazoo."
Reno never lowered his guard.
"Sephiroth sent you, didn't he?"
Yazoo openly continued to study him.
"Hmm. Yes. My uncle was correct. You are much smarter then you pretend."
"Sephiroth's your uncle?" Reno persisted.
Yazoo nodded,
"Yes. We are working with him. Family helps one another."
Reno's phone rang again but he ignored it.
Yazoo raised an eyebrow.
"Are you going to answer it?"
"No." Reno snapped.
Yazoo smirked,
"My, you are feisty."
Reno glared,
"Why are you helping him?"
Yazoo shrugged,
"Like I said, we are family. But that's not something you would not understand, having none of your own. Just a few friends who have either stabbed you in the back or you had stabbed them. Oh well. That's life for a Slum boy."
Reno forced himself to control his anger.
"Why. Are. You. Here!"
Just standard recon. Your place is much neater then I would have thought for someone from the Slums."
Reno snarled and lunged at the silver haired annoyance. He'd had enough of the remarks. He swung his rod and Yazoo barely dodged. Reno evaded a retaliation punch and swung his rod under Yazoo's arm. His electrically charged rod connected with Yazoo's ribs at the same time that Yazoo's other hand, which somehow now held a switchblade, arched and was thrust into Reno's left shoulder. They both screamed and fell back, away from each other. Reno's ankle twisted painfully under him as he hit the ground. He rolled over and got up as quickly as he could, mindful of his ankle. Yazoo was already back up and dashed out of his apartment. Reno let him go, to chase would have been futile anyway. He looked at the knife in his shoulder and gripped the handle. He gritted his teeth and yanked it out. He then tossed the blade to the table and, holding one hand over his wound, looked for his mag-rod that he had dropped. H found it where it had rolled away and hitched it back on his waist. He limped to his bedroom and pulled out a drawer on his bedside table. Inside were many light green vials, somewhat like the one he had used the night before. Reno pulled out 2 and closed the drawer. He eased himself onto his bed and carefully peeled off his blood soaked shirt. He tossed it to the floor and grabbed the first vial. He popped off the cork and drank the whole thing. He closed his eyes, tipped his head back and sighed. He opened his eyes again and he watched as the wound slowly started to heal. One would not heal it completely but he had to wait for the first to finish before he could drink the second. Once he felt the tingling subside, he downed the last one. This one did a lot more then tingle. He gritted his teeth and hissed at the blinding pain as the Hi-potion repaired the damaged tissue, muscle and completely closed the hole. When the pain was gone Reno fingered his shoulder and winced at its tenderness. The Hi-potions could only do so much. If he was lucky it would be better by tomorrow. He got up and went into his bathroom to wash the blood off his hands and his shoulder. Then he went back into his room and grabbed a shirt out of his closet, pulling it on. He grabbed an overnight bag from under his bed and threw in a few days worth of clothes. He also tossed in about half of his Hi-potions and elixirs from the drawer. Reno went back down to the kitchen and, picking the switchblade off the table, washed it before putting it in his pocket. He picked up his bag by its strap and slung it over his uninjured shoulder. Reno limped over to his front door and realized it was still open. He locked it and decided to take the elevator this time on account of his ankle. As he headed down the hall his phone rang again, Reno had forgotten the call he had received during his 'chat' with Yazoo. He answered with out bothering to look.
"Hello?" He asked wearily.

FireHawk038: Nice little cliffy huh. Well I would love it if you peoples would review. Please. By the way, if you flame me, I don't care because I would just use it to keep my woodstove toasty warm. Thanks oodles! Just to warn you this story will probably take me a long time to keep updating so if it takes me awhile, please don't bite my head off.
Sign up to rate and review this story