Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Makeup

Chapter 2

by horsie890 1 review

Chapter 2

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-01-30 - Updated: 2007-01-31 - 1061 words

0Unrated
Ashley gathered her hair on top of her head for what seemed like the thousandth time. No style seemed just right.
"Liz! Are you going to help me or what?" she called to her friend.
"Just a second! The curler's almost heated up." Liz reentered the room, ready to go to the concert. She began twirling her friend's hair with the iron and waited for it to take shape.
"I can't believe you got backstage passes and everything. I don't really like them, but meeting famous people is always good." The doorbell rang just as Ashley was putting on her pink heels, a perfect match to the rest of her outfit. She had to admit, she looked pretty good.
"That must be Kyle. Let's go."
They arrived at the concert about ten minutes before it began. They found their seats and sat down, to the surprise and disgust of the surrounding people, all of which were standing. 'This is an MCR concert; what are they thinking?' was the general thought.
Ashley glanced around at the other people. Almost all of them wore black or shades of it, making her and her friends stand out the most. She fluffed her hair to keep the curls in place. The guy standing next to her gagged at the sight, causing others to snicker. Suddenly everything darkened, with a dim blue light crossing the stage. A voice came over the speaker system, saying that the band would not be performing. Ashley and her friends stood up to leave, also causing laughs, until they heard the rest of the sentence.
"They have asked their good friends to fill in for them." The sound of a beeping heart monitor and thousands of chants of "MCR!" filled the stadium. The concert had begun. As the lead singer's voice rang out, Ashley thought it sounded familiar, but she couldn't be sure since it was still too dark to see the band. The song intensified, and the stage suddenly brightened with an explosion of fireworks. Ashley looked almost straight up at the lead singer with wide eyes.
"That's him!" she shouted over the roar of the crowd to her friends.
"Who?" they asked in unison.
"The guy who gave me the tickets!" Their mouths dropped wide open. She shrugged and tried to enjoy the rest of the concert. Overall she found the songs too depressing for her liking. This guy was going to have to do a lot to convince her.
Afterwards, she and her friends approached the stage as the rest of the people filed out of the stadium. She asked a tech crew member where they should go, and he pointed to the left side of the stage. They proceeded over there and climbed the stairs, being met by an official-looking person.
"Passes?" Ashley nodded and handed them to the smiling woman, who glanced at them for a second before handing them back to her. "Follow me." She took off at a brisk walk to the back of the stage, and the three of them followed her. Ashley found herself excited. She didn't really like their music that much, but meeting famous people sounded like a good idea to her.
"Hey, you actually came. I was starting to get worried," said Gerard with an I-knew-you'd-come-around smile. Ashley merely shrugged and introduced her friends.
"Nice to meet you. So, what did you think?" he asked eagerly. Ashley wrinkled her nose.
"Not the best concert I've ever been to. You guys need some happy pills."
"That's it. Give me the iPod," came another voice. Another band member was standing in front of her, holding out one hand. Gerard rolled his eyes.
"Frank, be nice."
"iPod. Now," he repeated. Ashley took the wafer-thin Nano out of her pocket and handed it to him. He scrolled through the seemingly endless list of artists, face growing more disgusted with each passing minute. Eventually he had to give it back to her before he threw up or worse.
"So, what do you think?" she asked obliviously.
"I feel nauseous," he said, recoiling back to stand next to Gerard. Ashley pouted and rewrapped the white earphones around it, placing it back in her purse. Kyle's face turned sour, and he protectively came to her side.
"You can't insult my girlfriend like that." Frank almost laughed.
"Oh, she's your girlfriend. Excuse me," he said sarcastically. Gerard glared at him. He took the hint and left, muttering something about stupid people, as always. Two others walked by playing rock, paper, scissors, and Gerard stopped them as well.
"This is Bob and my little brother Mikey." They said hi, sounding extremely tired.
"Will you stop with the 'little brother' stuff? We're only three years apart, and at this point, that doesn't mean much," he said, sounding annoyed. Gerard shrugged it off.
"You'll survive. Hey, have either of you seen Ray within the last few minutes?"
"I'm pretty sure he's back in the bus, probably high on something. Better not bother him right now," said Bob. Mikey nodded in agreement.
"Yeah, remember what happened last time?" They all cringed, while Ashley and her friends exchanged glances. These guys were really weird.
"Sorry you probably won't get to meet Ray. It's an unwritten rule not to bother him after a concert."
"That's okay...I think we'll live," said Ashley uncertainly. Gerard shrugged, somewhat confused. He thought the day would never come when someone didn't want to meet every member of the band. It was strange. That, and the fact that these three seemed to be scared of him.
"Are you guys okay? You're looking a little freaked out." Ashley shook her head nervously.
"No, really, we're fine. Right guys?" Her friends nodded.
Ashley and her friends got the band's autographs in the end, even from Frank (who was reluctant) and Ray (who, at the moment, was hardly able to tie his own shoes). As Kyle drove back to her house, Ashley felt different. Even though she hadn't liked the group just a few hours earlier, they seemed like nice people, and they had one song that she was starting to like. She would have to look up the lyrics on the Internet and see which one it was. As she entered the dark house and saw that it was one in the morning, she realized it would have to wait.
Sign up to rate and review this story