Categories > Original > Fantasy

by rocky_horror 0 reviews

A boy named Frankie lives in what we would call an "alternate" universe. He lives ina world where everyone and eveything is perfect. Everyone is succesful. There is no hate, no murder, no fighting,...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Warnings: [!!] [?] [R] [V] - Published: 2007-01-31 - Updated: 2007-01-31 - 393 words

0Unrated
I jerked my body upright. For a minute I was unaware of where I was or why. I was in my room with a family around me, but now I was all by myself.
"Francine." I mumbled. I realized she couldn't hear me. "FRANCINE!" I yelled. Someone burst through my door, but it wasn't Francine. It was my mother. She ran up to me and slapped me. I held my hand to my cheek. "Mother?" I asked.
"Shut up." she ordered. I did. Then I heard a raspy voice coming from Francine's room.
"Mother." It said.
"Dangit, boy. Now look what you did." Said my mother.
My mother went into Francine's room. I followed. Inside was not Francine's room. There wasn't a colorful room with jewelry, clothes, and makeup strung about. Her stereo with various band stickers wasn't there Her posters were gone. Her room was plain. It had blue carpet a beat up brown dresser and nightstand and a 13" TV on the dresser. Her bed wasn't the colorful canopy she used to have it was a hospital bed and was hooked up to various machines. Also hooked up was my sister- at least I think it was my sister. I wouldn't know this if my mother hadn't called her "Francine". She was pale, and there were dark circles around her eyes, and she had thinning hair. She didn't have any cute outfit she had made herself she had a white gown. My mother attended to her.
"What's wrong with her?" I asked.
"Go to bed Frank." Said my mother.
"Francine!" I yelled. My mother cursed at me and I went off to bed.
"Its okay." I mumbled to myself. "This is just a dream I'll wake up tomorrow and it'll all be over."

Tomorrow

The sun shined brightly through my blinds giving me the proof that today would be a good day. I got myself out of bed and walked to my sister's room. I was a little afraid of what I would find. I was worried that I might have possibly not been dreaming, and my sister would still be there hooked to those awful machines. I was right. There she was hooked up to the machines she was hooked to last night. She was asleep and breathing very heavily. My mother walked in and looked at me.
"Boy!" She yelled.
Sign up to rate and review this story