Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts

Rebirth: Riku's Tale

by Door-to-the-Dark 0 reviews

a story of what Riku went through while Sora was looking for him

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Characters: Kairi, Riku, Selphie, Sora, Tidus, Wakka - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-02-01 - Updated: 2007-02-01 - 1087 words

0Unrated
Destiny Island, Calm, Peaceful, Boring. The only thing worth staying for was Sora and Kairi. They're my best friends, I'm Riku by the way. I'm 14 and I was bored with my simple existence on that pitiful little Island, there was nothing there, nothing except sand. That's why Kairi, Sora and I decided to build a raft and leave. Sure we'd be leaving behind our friends and family to find something that might not even be out there, but that's a risk I was willing to take.

Early in the morning, right after I woke up, I got into my boat and went to the island. Kairi and Sora were there already. That day was supposed to be our last day on the Island, but first we had to finish the raft.

"Hey Sora," I Yelled. "Did you guys gather the last of the logs yet?"
"Aw man Riku, we were waiting for you to get here," Sora Whined.
"No time for waiting, we gotta get this show on the road," I Replied.
"Hehe, I thought we were sailing a raft," said Kairi childishly.

Sora and I just looked at her with disbelief.

"Come on guys, I'm kidding," she laughed.

We all started to laugh and joke and the work seemed to fly past, soon enough the sun was high in the sky and the other kids were on the Island. Waka was playing Blitzball with Tidus, and Selphie was jumping rope on the dock. There weren't many kids on Destiny Island.

The raft was completed by about three o' clock so Sora, Kairi and I went swimming for a while. We caught a few fish to take with us to eat, we also gathered fresh water, bird eggs, coconuts and mushrooms. Kairi made a few necklaces for luck. All in all it was a very fun and productive day.

"Ay man, whatcha doin' over there anyhow?" called Waka from the beach when he saw us loading up the Raft.
"Just packing the supplies for our trip," I called back.
"Oh, I completely forgot about that man. When are ya leavin' us man?"
"Tomorrow morning," yelled Sora from the bridge.
"Bright and early," added Kairi.
"We're really gunna miss you," said Selphie who had just walked up to Waka.
"Yeah we are," piped in Tidus.
"You're just saying that, no one will even notice we're gone," I said jokingly. We all laughed and sat on the beach. After a while it began to get dark and Tidus had to leave and Waka went with him. A little while later Selphie told us good night and wondered off. As we sat there in silence I wondered if I would ever see this place again, and if anyone would care that we were gone.

"So, suppose you get to another world. What would you do there?" asked Kairi
"Well, I haven't really thought about it. It's just... I've always wondered why we're here on this island. If there are any other worlds out there, why did we end up on this one? And suppose there are other worlds... then ours is just a little piece of something much greater. So we could have just as easily ended up somewhere else, right?" I said
"I don't know," Added Sora.
"Exactly. That's why we need to go out there and find out. Just sitting here won't change a thing. It's the same old stuff. So let's go," I exclaimed and jumped up and began to head towards the raft but realized it would be better if we left after a good nights rest.

"One more night here and it will all be over," I told Sora.
"Yeah, I know. Isn't it exciting?" He asked.
"All I know is I'm beat. Lets go home and sleep," added Kairi.

We all went back to the main Island and went to bed, but I couldn't sleep. I might have been over excited or nervous, all I know is something drew me to the Island. When I got off the dock I noticed something by the secret cave, a flutter or shadow of someone.

"Who's there?" I yelled.

No reply. I ran to the entrance and there was no one there so I went in to make sure. That was the stupidest thing I could have done. As I walked in I noticed a man standing by the door that was in there, I never new what the door was for but I always new it was there, but now there was something different about it, there was a keyhole on it.

"Summon the key," said the man, he was wearing some sort of cloak.
"What do you mean?"
"Summon the key, it will come if you call it," he said.
"What key are you talking about?"
"The key to the darkness, the key that will open the door," he muttered.
"I don't know how"
"Just believe that you have it and you will"
"How?" I asked
"Hold out your hand and picture it there"

I held out my hand and pictured the key being there and it appeared, it wasn't really a key, it was a sword. But it was the key to the darkness that the men had mentioned.

"Now open the door," he said.

I instinctively pointed the sword at the door and darkness came out of the sword and hit the door, it began to open. And from within it came the shadows, hundreds of shadows moving across the ground, they went right past me into the night.

"What did I do?" I asked the man.
"Exactly what I said. You opened the door to darkness."

I dropped the sword and it disappeared, which startled me, so I ran. I ran to the bridge, across the bridge to the coconut trees where I stopped. I saw Sora running across the beach. He also had a key and he was fighting the shadows.
Of course he would have one, he always tried to one up me. Wait, what was I thinking, it was Sora...my best friend. What kind of best friend would be destroying my shadows, the things I created?
He ran up to me, he said something but I didn't hear it. My mind was going crazy.

"Once we set through, we might not be able to come back. We may never see our parents again. There's no turning back. But this may be our only chance. We can't let fear stop us! I'm not afraid of the darkness!" I yelled.
Sign up to rate and review this story