Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Makeup

Chapter 4

by horsie890 1 review

Chapter 4

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-02-02 - Updated: 2007-02-02 - 1155 words

0Unrated
------
"Ash, are you okay?" asked her friend Mariah Monday morning. Ashley shrugged and asked why.
"Have you looked in a mirror recently?" She looked at herself and almost gasped. She was completely clothed in black.
"What happened to me?"
"Please don't tell me you're going all emo on me." She shook her head.
"I don't think so. I didn't even realize I dressed like this today," she said, slamming her locker shut. "I guess I'm just depressed, you know?" she added sadly. Mariah nodded silently.
"What have they done to you?" asked a new voice. Ashley looked up, seeing a group of her friends coming towards her.
"What are you talking about?"
"We know you were at the My Chemical Romance concert. Now you've gone Goth. Such a waste," said another girl with an exaggerated sigh.
"No I haven't. I just miss my friends."
"Hello, we're you're friends. Just forget about those losers." Ashley shot her a glare.
"Don't call any of my friends losers."
"But they were," said the first girl, whose name was Sarah. "We're way better than them." She probably would have continued if Ashley hadn't curled her hand into a fist and punched her.
-----
"I can't believe this. What's come over you?" said her mother, pacing the floor of the principal's office in frustration. Ashley held her fist in one hand. Her fingers still tingled from the impact.
"You will receive three days' suspension for this act, as well as a Saturday detention," said the principal. Ashley sat still, almost numbed by shock.
"Isn't that a little severe?" asked her mother. The principal shook his head.
"Normally, it would only be one day of suspension with a spotless record. But miss Taylor has a history of not being able to keep her cell phone out of sight and mind for more than a few days. Hopefully this will help to remedy that." Ashley ignored their silent glares and stared at the floor, hearing the first few lines of 'Teenagers' run through her mind again and again. Never had a song seemed to apply to her more than today.
"Ashley, are you listening to me? And why are you smiling? This is not a good thing!" She snapped out of her reverie and lost the smile, still feeling it tug at the corner of her mouth.
'Another cog in the murder machine.'
-------
She returned to class for the rest of the day, and headed straight to work right after school as usual. Even though she held no remorse for the girl she had knocked unconscious, a cloud of sadness lingered over her. 'What's happening to me? I would never do that to anyone, even if they spoke to me like that. Maybe it's that pill Gerard gave me...' She parked and entered the store, feeling the strange combination of melancholy sadness and fleeting elation. Brian was already there as usual; seniors got to leave early from school.
"Are you feeling any better, Ash?" he asked. She nodded with a small smile.
"School was interesting today."
"Really? How so?"
"I knocked out Sarah." Brian's eyes widened. Even though Ashley was two grades below him, he knew about Sarah and her mean ways. He also knew that they were supposed to be friends.
"What caused that?" Ashley set her purse behind the counter.
"She was insulting my friends. I didn't like it." She pulled her laptop out of her backpack and placed it on the counter, bringing up iTunes and downloading My Chemical Romance's two earlier albums before five minutes had passed. She also decided to scan the store shelves for some of the other bands Gerard had mentioned. She grabbed two albums each of Green Day and Pink Floyd, as well as a greatest hits album from Queen. Ashley placed the stack on the counter, much to her co-worker's amazement and amusement.
"Why the sudden change of heart? Didn't you hate most or all of these just a few days ago?" She nodded, scanning and tearing the plastic off of each one.
"I did. But I figured that since I'm most likely going to be grounded for the next few days or longer, I'm definitely going to need some music to listen to." Brian grabbed her iPod out of her backpack.
"What about this?"
"I said music, not crap. CD's sound better anyway." The door opened, and Gerard entered with a sad smile.
"What are you doing here?" she asked, walking over to the wall covered in CD cases. Gerard followed her.
"I just came by to see if you were okay. And if you needed any more pills," he said, lowering his voice.
"I don't know. I'm probably going to be grounded for quite some time as it is."
"Any reason?"
"I punched someone at school for insulting my friends." He gave a low whistle of surprise.
"That's pretty extreme. You don't seem like the kind of person who would do that." She shrugged, grabbing a silver and black case and turning it over in her hands.
"People underestimate me." She took the case back to the desk as well and purchased it, sliding the five CD's into it.
"Any reason for this?" he asked, gesturing at the stack of empty cases.
"I'll need something to keep me busy for three days of suspension." Brian reentered the room and gasped at seeing Gerard. The singer waved casually at him, and he ran into the back room to find his copies of their albums. He wasn't going to pass up an opportunity like this again.
"That sounds a little extreme. I think you'll need these more than I will," he said, taking advantage of Brian's absence to hand Ashley a plastic bag with six of the large white pills in it.
"Isn't that a bit excessive?" He cracked a smile as she stuffed them in her backpack.
"So's your sentence. You might want to take the other half of that now; it takes a while to take effect." Ashley nodded. She went into the back room to grab a bottle of water and was passed by Brian, who was moving at light speed so as not to miss his chance. Gerard happily signed all three CD covers, even writing a note on The Black Parade. Ashley was relieved to see a customer enter the store, encouraging Brian to help him. She fished the tissue-wrapped pill out of her pocket and hastily swallowed it, for once glad she had worn the same pair of jeans without washing them. That would have ended badly.
Gerard smiled and left, putting on a dark pair of sunglasses in an attempt to avoid recognition. Unfortunately for him, his hair didn't help to hide his identity. He was lucky most of the fangirls hadn't been released from school yet. He had at least another five minutes of safety.
Ashley hoped he could run fast.
Sign up to rate and review this story