Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Schwarz Kreuz: Spawnverse

Sand and Sea Glass

by fey_puck 0 reviews

Schwarz. With spawn. Assasinations were the easy part.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Schuldig - Published: 2005-09-01 - Updated: 2005-09-01 - 558 words

0Unrated

Brett did not like the sun.

The sun did not like him.

So far, in his rather short life, this arrangement had suited both parties just fine. The redhead avoided the light and in return was not pursued. Granted, the sun had a bit of an upper hand on him- such as having an annoying habit of being in the sky- but that couldn't be helped. Life's trials weren't fair unless you could threaten them, his father always said.

Still, Brett couldn't help but glare towards the sky now and then and think Some day, it will be your turn...

Brett chuckled. Evilly.

"Brett-chan, why won't you come play with us? The sand is fun and the water is this really pretty rainbow color," Cailin called out from a few feet away, auburn hair pulled up in pigtails and pale skin refusing to tan or burn.

"That's called pollution," Kirito mumbled. His brow was furrowed as he concentrated on keeping Cailin's rather elaborate castle from toppling over in a ruin of sand and sea glass. "And he won't come help you because he's afraid to leave the safety of his obscenely large umbrella."

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" Brett drawled. "I couldn't hear you over your loud bathing suit. Really, Kirito. Neon orange?"

"Shut up. Uncle Schuldig bought it for me."

"What did you do? Steal his cigarettes? Try to give the puppy a bath?" The telepath smirked and gave a pointed look towards the puppy, who was sprawled out next to him on a Little Mermaid towel.

Kirito turned slightly red and Cailin wondered if he should get out of the sun for a bit. Or perhaps go for a swim in the cold water. Sighing, she searched for something to make a drawbridge out of. "But you must be bored, Brett-chan. You've been sitting there for hours with a shirt on and a hat and goop on your nose. The only thing you've done in the past hour is giggle and shout 'shark!' really loud."

Brett sniffed. "I don't /giggle/."

"You do," Kirito informed him. "It's very girly."

"Crawfords do not giggle. Especially not in a girly way. Ever." The redhead huffed and rubbed absently at his nose, cursing sun block and the companies that made it. They too would have their turn...

"See, you're doing it again," Kirito interrupted his thoughts.

"Maybe you should go lie down somewhere," Cailin suggested. "It's kind of hot out here." Drawbridge finished, she began to dig a mote. "A mote. We'll need water....and maybe a cathedral next to it," she murmured.

Kirito looked pained but pushed on gamely. "I don't think anything can help him, Cailin. He's doomed."

"You're wearing a bright orange bathing suit. And had socks on earlier. With Velcro-strap sandals." Brett felt that he had made his point quite clearly.

Kirito growled and tipped the telepath's umbrella over, earning a shriek and a muffled sound of protest.

Of course, half of the sandcastle fell over too.

"But...it....I was almost done, Kiri-chan," Cailin pouted, lower lip trembling as her eyes narrowed. "And Da was going to come see it after Uncle Schu's competition and now I'll have to tell him it fell over because you-"

In a blur of black-hair, tanned skin, and orange, Kirito was gone.

Somewhere under the umbrella, Brett giggled.
Sign up to rate and review this story