Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Still On My Own

The Lies Won't Stop Slipping

by moocow 14 reviews

Shit hits the fan. You can blame Pete, or can you. I've made you love him for a while, but what will you think after this? Little mistake, or something that change the power couple forever?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2007-02-06 - Updated: 2007-02-07 - 1844 words

4Original
"A million dollars for your thoughts," I looked up from staring at my feet to look at Pete.

"Don't you mean penny for your thoughts?" Pete pushed back some of my hair and left his hand lingering on my cheek and upper neck.

"I think you are worth more than a penny," I smiled to the best of my abilities before thinking about the next few weeks.

"Well," I gulped. "You guys have the next two weeks and then you are gone," Pete nodded and rubbed his fingertips against my neck, calming me slightly.

"Don't think of it being that bad, baby," I shifted before sighing.

"But these next two weeks are busy, Patrick said, with CD promotion stuff and," Pete hushed me before attempting to calm me down with a kiss.

"Listen," I frowned. "Evie," I looked away. I didn't want bullshit. "This week is rather packed full, but that doesn't mean I don't have the time to hang out with you," he took one of my hands and kissed my knuckles. I pulled them away and he sighed, understanding to leave me alone.

"I just wish I had you all to myself, back in the days when my boys were only missing for two weeks times, and they'd come back and snuggle with me," Pete stared at his feet before closing his eyes.

"Back then I didn't have you," he whispered and shifted away. "And you didn't love me," I sighed deeply, looking away and focusing on Hemmingway's sleeping body in the visible hallway.

"I didn't want to argue," Pete stayed quiet. A moment later the bed moved and his body slipped past mine.

"We..." he paused and I looked up at him, all dressed up in a way I didn't recognize. "We are going to be doing a small pre-release show slash interview," he leaned down slightly. "So, you can come tonight, if you want," he kissed my cheek and I attempted to turn my head so I could catch his lips.

I failed.

-----------

"Evie," I glanced up from the grass to find Patrick walking towards me with Alex on his hip.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, observing the empty and darkening park.

"Well, the show doesn't start for another hour and a half, and I don't really have to be there," he cleared his throat. "After all, Pete's Fall Out Boy," I laughed and Patrick sighed, placing Alex down so she could play in the sand box in front of the swings. Patrick sat down in the swing next to mine.

"Did he tell you anything?" Patrick gave me a sympathetic look.

"Don't let this tour tear you apart," his hand brushed against my wrist.

"I don't want it to, but I just feel odd that the last couple of weeks he's here and I don't even get to see him," Patrick frowned.

"I'm sorry," I shook my head, letting my gaze fall back down to the dew covered grass.

"And he seems to change each time he goes out in front of publicity, it's like I change from his love of his life, to just another girl who happens to be mentioned every once in a while," Patrick shook his head as I lifted mine up to look at him.

"You shouldn't let his words get to you," I bit my lip hard.

"I don't want to be left in the dust again," I sort of felt the tears welling up in my eyes. "What if I end up pregnant again, Patrick?" I hiccupped. "And he leaves me again, deciding that he never really needed me," Patrick hushed me and moved us to the grass so we could sit closer.

"Shhhh," Patrick rubbed at my back and I lowered my eyes.

"Patrick, I don't even know where I would go, I mean," I gulped. "I pretty much left everything to come here," Patrick lifted my head up.

"Stop jumping to conclusions and let one little disagreement get to you two," I nodded hopelessly.

"I'll listen to you this once, Patrick," he smiled and kept smiling until I gave one back, kissing my forehead once before calling Alex back over. She bounced over and waved at me before snuggling back into Patrick.

"We gonna see uncie Petey and uncie Joe and uncie Andy?" Patrick laughed and nodded, standing up and helping me up.

"Sure are, and Auntie Evie here is going to be there too," Alex pointed at me.

"Is Petey and Eee gonna have a baby?" I blushed and felt my face flush. Patrick nervously laughed.

"I don't know about that, Alex," I stayed quiet the entire ride to the show. I couldn't take my mind off of what would be happening any time soon.

Patrick had escaped backstage with Alex, leaving me to try and find anybody familiar in the half back stage, half crowd area. With my pass hanging dignified around my neck, I chewed on my bottom lip as I whipped my head around; trying to find any signs of Pete so I could talk to him. Instead I saw the bright flash of lightning from outside and everybody running more inside as the rain started to come down.

"Shorty," I laughed to myself at the somewhat familiar voice, turning around to find Travi behind me with a wide grin on his face.

We shared a hug before he observed my waist area.

"You look a hell of a lot different up close without that belly," I laughed and inconspicuously glanced to my left and right. Travi smirked.

"What?" I called, wringing my hands together for a moment. Travi pointed over to one booth where I saw Pete sitting there, posing for pictures with random fans and answering questions simultaneously to a reporter of some sorts.

"I don't think he knows you're here, so try and be sneaky," I nodded before sneaking over, kind of out of view as the fans momentarily seized and he turned to the interviewers. I turned away and pretended to txt someone as I listened in, but finding it irking my mind.

"So Pete, what's with this Mystery Woman," the reporter paused and I glanced over to see Pete laughing softly. "The girl behind the lyrics," Pete glanced down before looking up at the guy with a biggest and cockiest smile on his features. The bastard.

"It's kind of a funny story," I knitted my eyebrows together and slowly started to bring up my hand, looking down at the shining diamonds on the ring he had given me.

"Care to share?" Pete laughed again, it didn't sound nervous.

"We see each other a lot, actually," It had to be me, I didn't know any other girl that digged Pete the way I did. And he was around me too much, or with one of our friends to be cheating.

"This Mystery Woman wouldn't happen to be your rumored fiancé, would it?"

Rumored?

How rude.

Pete shook his head and laughed.

"I wonder who thought of that one, I mean, imagine the headline on that tabloid," he paused and raised his hands up. "Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy weds Mystery Girl," The reporter raised his eyebrows and I felt angry tears sting the corner of my eyes.

"So this girl is somebody is somebody you love, in a sense," Pete shrugged. I moved towards the table.

"Well, it's weird," I fell behind a few fans and Pete signed their things without looking. I stood there without him knowing.

"In what sense?" the reporter asked. Pete looked down at his feet.

"It's like I'm obsessed with her, but I'm not sure if it's love," I decided to but in and cleared my throat.

Pete seemed to freeze up for a moment before excusing himself from the reporter. He turned slowly to see me and just stared for the longest time. I'd like to say I stood up for myself and smacked him, or said something, but I didn't. Instead I shook my head at him and slithered past every person in the club until I was outside, my body already being soaked by the early May showers.

It was a long walk home.

But what was home anyways?

-----------

The moment I heard the front door open hours later, I heard Mrs. Wentz unleash a hushed lecture on Pete, hearing his mumbles of 'I'm Sorrys' and 'I'll fix things' before silence. I closed my eyes and rolled over, the beds pushed apart again.

The door opened and I heard his exasperated sigh. Pete took his time getting ready for bed, obviously trying to avoid everything I wanted to ask him. My heart broke as I heard the lamp turn off and Pete climb into the other bed. I rolled over and stared at his back in the darkness for a while before I reached over and clicked the lamp on again. Pete hesitated to roll over, giving me a nervous glance.

"What is it?" he asked. I glared.

"Do you even realize that I heard every vile word you said today to that reporter?" Pete gulped and rolled over all the way, sitting up halfway. I pulled the sheets higher around my shoulders.

"You did?" he asked. I knitted my eyebrows together.

"Why do you think I ran out of there in tears, Pete?" my voice cracked and I cursed at myself as I felt tears stinging my eyes again. My bed indented and I glanced up at Pete as he tried to snuggle in. Instead I pushed him up and made him stand as I sat on the edge.

"Evie, I think we need to talk before you jump to conclusions," I stared wide eyed at him.

"You should shut up before I slap you, Pete," I shook my head, looking away. "What the fuck were you thinking when you told him all that bullshit?" Pete sighed, sounding irritated.

"I didn't mean it, Ev," I whipped my head to look at him, my vision hazy.

"Then why did you say it?" I practically yelled, pushing him away as he tried to wipe my tears away.

"Please calm down," he whispered. I shook my head and huffed, lying back down and snuggling into the sheets.

"I don't want to talk to you right now," I mumbled from beneath them. Pete's hand met my shoulder and he rubbed the bare skin the top of my cami exposed. I rolled my body so he couldn't touch me. He sighed, giving up and retreated to his bed.

"I love you Ev,"

I played with my hand for a moment before setting something down on the nightstand, something that made a defying clink on the nightstand, making Pete look over and his eyes well up in fear.

My engagement ring.

We locked eyes and for once, he knew I was being serious.

"Goodnight Pete," I whispered.

I turned off the light and rolled over. I didn't even want to begin to think what kind of things were going to be happening in the coming weeks.
Sign up to rate and review this story