Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Protection

by StellaWasHere 3 reviews

Haku uses him as protection from his own heartache. Naruto knows this... but he can't stop... protecting him. [NaruHaku, ZabuHaku, oneshot, shonen ai][Songfic: Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls]

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Naruto, Other - Published: 2007-02-07 - Updated: 2007-02-07 - 594 words - Complete

0Unrated
Title of Piece: Protection
Coupling: NaruHaku, one sided ZabuHaku
Warnings: Shonen-ai, mildly AU because Haku and Zabuza are still alive
A/N: Wow, this is simply wonderful. I'm putting up fanfics again. Updating. This is so spleeful. And, golly gee, a SONGFIC! The magical fanfictions you don't have to write by yourself! So before I get sued;
Disclaimer: I don't own the people, and the song it "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls. Which, I know Mew-is-Back-chan loves, so this is for her!!

And I'd give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow.

Haku's was smiling warmly at him, and his red lips parted slightly, just enough to breathe that one word. "Naruto." His small hand, with fingernails so perfectly manicured, rested ever so gently on his own, his thumb running softly over the blonde's hand. And Haku leaned forward, brown eyes eager for what he knew that Naruto was to soft to deny him, because he knew that Naruto loved him in a way that Zabuza did not.

You're the closest to Heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't want to go home right now.

Naruto looked unsure, inexperienced. Because he knew that Haku didn't quite love him the way he pretended. And yet, the older teenager looked so innocent, so young, with tears running down his pale cheeks and dark colored hair cascading around his face in soft waves. Haku bowed his head, signifying what he had told the Kyuubi's vessel so many times, I am yours, and Naruto leaned forward and buried his face in Haku's hair, allowing himself to be overwhelmed by the scent of jasmine. Because he knew that, even though Haku only pretended, he loved the boy in a way Zabuza did not.

And all I can taste is this moment, and all I can breathe is your life. And sooner or later it's over... I just don't want to miss you tonight.

Haku rested a hand on Naruto's chest, a gentle and inconspicuous yet sensual gesture that begged for the love he had been denied. Because Zabuza didn't love him, nor care for him, and that's where Naruto came in, providing that love. If it was love or not was a question, but it was real enough when Haku heard Naruto's soft voice moan his name. And it had become increasingly evident that Naruto loved Haku and wanted to see him happy, and that Haku only loved Zabuza and wanted to see him happy but also wanted the unique pleasure that only a lover could provide. Haku wondered, sometimes, if this chain continued, if perhaps Zabuza had a special someone that he was devoted to who didn't return his feelings...

And I don't want the world to see me, cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am!

Naruto kissed him, but the emotion was gone. Naruto knew that he was only Haku's shield, the one who kept him from breaking down, because Zabuza could not love him. Naruto was just temporary, sometimes a one-night stand, other times a boyfriend who was simply pushed out of the picture as Haku tried and failed again to win Zabuza's heart. And that's when Haku needed him most, as someone to fall back on when Zabuza didn't care.

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming, or the moment of truth in your lies. When everything feels like the movies, yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive...

END
Sign up to rate and review this story