Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Stay

Stay

by Tryster 3 reviews

Kagome's had it. She's left the past, left her friends, but most of all, she's left Inuyasha. Will he just let her go? Is she really ready to give it all up? [Prequal to Blurry, One Shot]

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2007-02-07 - Updated: 2007-02-08 - 1325 words - Complete

2Moving
Stay
By Tryster/Cyfris

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha, nor I think would I particularly want to since I'm no good at being responsible.

The song is 'Stay' by Lisa Loeb, and it really helps the mood of the fic to have heard or be familiar with the song. If you don't have it or haven't heard it, I recommend looking for it on RADIO.BLOG.CLUB online. Its free, you just get to listen to the song.

This was one of the first fanfics I ever wrote, and still one of my favorites. It was originally posted under Cyfris on MediaMinor.org (hatehateHATE that site now!). Since I liked it so much, I decided to repost it here!! Lucky you guys.

Warnings! Inu/Kag fluff/romance. That's about it.

//Song lyrics\\


*

//You say I only hear what I want to\\



Higurashi Kagome stormed out of the well house.



//You say I talk so all the time, so\\



Inuyasha jumped out after her, calling her name. Kagome whirled around, eyes flashing. "What are you doing here?!" she yelled angrily.

"I-I came to get you." The hanyou looked confused.

"Oh, so I can be you precious SHARD DETECETER again?!"

"No, that's not-"

"Then why?! You've obviously made your decision about which one of us you want!" she was nose to nose with him, hurt clouding her storm eyes. "Don't think I didn't see you and Kikyou." She hissed. "Don't think you can just string me along anymore now after all this time!" And she threw the bag containing the shards at him.

His eyes widened. "But Kagome-"

But she wasn't listening. Placing her hands on his chest, she pushed him firmly back into the well. "SIT!"

He fell into the well, hearing the last words he would hear her say for a very long time. "And don't come back!!"


//And I thought what I felt was simple
And I thought that I don't belong
And now that I am leaving
Now I know that I did something wrong 'cause I missed you
Yeah, yeah, I missed you\\




Higurashi Kagome stood, looking out of her office window, before packing some papers and shutting her briefcase. It's been almost five years. 'Five years... It will be five years tomorrow.' Her eyes stung a bit as she bid goodnight to a fellow worker, drawing her coat tighter as she strode out into the fall night air.

Walking briskly, she didn't see the figure moving towards her from behind.


//You say I only hear what I want to:
I don't listen hard, don't pay attention to the distance that you're running
To anyone, anywhere
I don't understand if you really care, I'm only hearing negative: no, no, no\\




Her muffled scream was all that signaled her attack; that, and her dropped briefcase on the now deserted sidewalk.

Eyes wide, Kagome was only vaguely aware of the rushing wind around her, she was too focused on her attacker. 'Attacker?' It didn't seem like an attack, he was holding her too carefully. Carefully, but firmly. And... 'We're in the air?!' a memory bubbled up to the surface of her mind. Her eyes widened ever further as she tilted her hair and saw bright white hair illuminated by the moon.

"I-Inuyasha?"


//So I turned the radio on, I turned the radio up
And this woman was singing my song:
Lover's in love and the other's run away
Lover is crying 'cause the other won't stay\\




He stopped in a tree, somewhere on the east end of town. Setting her gently on the branch, the hanyou stood back, his head bowed shamefully. He'd cut his hair.

"I'm sorry. Y-you told me not to come back, but-" he was cut off, his golden eyes widening as Kagome wrapped her arms tightly around him, hugging him to her.

Tentatively, he put his arms around her too, amazed that he was holding her again. He tightened his hold when she made no move to push him away. His ears twitched when her muffled sobs reached them. "Kagome?"


//Some of us hover when we weep for the other who was
Dying since the day they were born
Well, well, this is not that
I think that I'm throwing, but I'm thrown\\




He gripped her shoulders, turning her so she was facing him. She looked at him with tear filled eyes. His heart clenched. 'Dammit! I've made her cry again!' But then Kagome smiled. She was crying, but smiling as well. Inuyasha stared at her as she reached up a hand and caressed his face, a soft chuckle escaping her lips.



//And I thought I'd live forever, but now I'm not so sure
You try to tell me that I'm clever
But that won't take me anyhow, or anywhere with you\\




"Stupid Inuyasha. I half expected you not to listen to me all these years." Her lip trembled. "I wanted you to come. I wanted you to so badly that I almost came back myself. But-"

"Shh..." Inuyasha placed a clawed finger on her lips to quiet her. "It's alright, I'm here now. And..." he reached inside his hitoe (no longer his fire-rat one) and took out a small bag. "this is for you."

Kagome opened the pouch and gasped as several things fell out. They were the shards of the Shikon. All of them. He had found the whole jewel. "How...?"


//You said that I was naive and I thought that I was strong
I thought, "hey, I can leave, I can leave."
Oh, but now I know that I was wrong, 'cause I missed you
Yeah, I miss you\\




"No." An almost pained expression came to his face, as though thinking of something he'd rather not. "Please, not now. Just..." he engulfed her in his arms. "Just let me hold you, again."

Kagome let herself be held by the hanyou, a warm feeling spreading from his body to hers. She felt more complete now than she ever had since the last she had seen of Inuyasha. She hiccupped, feeling more tears well up and spill out as Inu Yasha held her closer, burying his face in her hair.


//You said, "I caught you 'cause I want you and one day I'll let you go
"You try to give away a keeper, or keep me
'Cause you know you're just scared to lose\\



Kagome closed her eyes. Inuyasha had changed. He was still the hot headed, rough and tumble hanyou she had known and loved...but now, he was more gentle, and careful, as though a lost puppy. Kagome could feel, also, that something had happened to him, something awful.

But now...

"Inuyasha..." she pulled away slightly, cupping his face and turning it so it was facing her own. She smiled, watching as a ghost of a smile crossed his face as well. "I'm sorry... and... please, will you... will you come stay with me?" she asked tentatively, still not sure about his own feelings towards her.

Inuyasha blinked, then smiled for real, he beautiful gold eyes shining. He took her hands and kissed the palms of each gently, then said the few, simple words that Kagome had been praying to hear.


//And you say, "Stay."\\


"Yes... I'll stay with you, Kagome..."

//You say I only hear what I want to...\\



*

Actually, when I had gone back to revise this, I was surprised that it was fine the way it was. I only corrected like, two things. I was so proud of myself!
A Hitoe is the kind of outer coat that Inuyasha wears.
Go look at the sequel! To any of you who might remember this fic from MM.org, I finally wrote one!! Yay me! I'm going to go run from your wrath now...

Please Review!! Flames will bring about more flames upon your idiocy to be posted up here to be laughed at...

...GO READ THE SEQUAL!! =D 'Blurry' under in my author page! Yay!
Sign up to rate and review this story