Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To the end

Chapter 1- 2.47am

by Xxnemo-propriusxX 1 review

When Jen awakes from a nightmare, she feels she has to tell Michelle the truth about her father

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-02-10 - Updated: 2007-02-10 - 368 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: Dont know MCR, dont own MCR, dont sue. Jens mine, you cant have her

*Jen POV*

I was standing on a stage. The lights were focused on me and hundreds of people were looking my way. I could see everyone; mum, Calvin with his wife Rebecca, Michelle with her boyfriend Bob, Megan, Luke, James and Camilla. The music began and I opened my mouth to sing. The first few notes were alright, but then I went sharp and couldn't control my voice. I just couldn't hit the right note; I sounded awful. Suddenly, the door to the auditorium blew open and my dad stood there. There was an ear-shattering noise, which sounded like a shotgun being fired over and over. I ducked and looked around, thinking it was being fired at me, but it wasn't. In fact, there weren't even any bullets, just the noise. I looked up; dad was lying on the floor in a pool of blood.

I woke up with a start, and snapped my head around to look at the clock.
2.47am.
The moonlight outside cast a shadow of the trees onto my bedroom floor. I was drenched in sweat and my heart was racing. My bedroom door opened and Michelle walked in.
"You were having another nightmare," she said.
I nodded.
"You never wake up though," I said. I sounded as though I was about seven years old for some reason, even though I was eleven.
"Bob heard you," she said.
It was silent for a while, just the distant sound of James (my little brother) snoring.
"What happened?" she asked me.
"I was singing. Then dad came in and-" it was too hard to talk about him. The death of my dad had traumatized me, as I was the only witness. I'd lost my grandfather and two cousins already, but I was very close to my dad.
"You have do get over this," sighed Michelle, she must have told me a thousand times before, "Dad killing himself was a bad thing, but you have to forget about it and move on."
"That's the thing," I said. There was something I should have said a long time ago, "Dad didn't kill himself."
Sign up to rate and review this story