Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > To the end

Chapter 11-This ain't quite the best day ever

by Xxnemo-propriusxX 3 reviews

How will Bob take it?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-02-10 - Updated: 2007-02-10 - 739 words

0Unrated
*Bob POV*

The phone hardly ever rings, but tonight it rang three times. First it was Gerard and Mikey's mom, then Ray's brother, and then it was for me.
"Bob, it's for you," Gerard said, with a grave tone in his voice.
"Who is it?" I asked.
"Chicago police department,"
I started to run through my head everything I could possibly be wanted for. What could they want with me?
"Hello?" I said, nervously.
"Hello. Is that Mr Bryar?" I was asked.
"Uh, yeah," I said.
"I'm calling in reference to Michelle Ryder, your girlfriend I believe," he said.
"Ok,"
"I'm terribly sorry to inform you, Mr Bryar, that Michelle was involved in a car accident earlier this evening, and I'm afraid to tell you that she was killed instantly," he said.
I was choked. It literally felt like someone had reached into my throat, grabbed my small intestine, pulled it back through my mouth, tied it around my neck and hung me from the ceiling by it. She was gone?
"Mr Bryar?"
"Um, yeah, thank you,"

"I'm so sorry," said Gerard.
My eyes stung so badly. I wanted to cry so much, but for some reason, I couldn't.
"I have to talk to Jen," I said, grabbing my car keys.
"Use the phone, she's in Chicago," said Frank.
"She tried to kill herself when her dad died, who knows what she'll do now," I said, opening the front door, "I'm not doing this over the phone. I'll see you later."

So I got in the car and drove. I could not believe that Michelle, my one true love, was dead. That was when I broke down. It wasn't the safest thing to do while driving, but I couldn't help myself. I hadn't cried for years, but I couldn't see my life going on after tonight. The heavy rain beat down on my windscreen as I sped along the highway. I had to talk to Jen. She could have killed herself by now, and I had to talk her out of it. The tears just wouldn't stop falling. I was finding it hard to see, even to breathe. Nothing like this had ever happened to me before.

*Jen POV*

I lay down on my bed and cried. I couldn't get it into my head that I was never going to see Michelle again. I wondered how mom would take it; she'd be devastated. As I lay there, there was a knock on my bedroom door. I sat up. Bob opened the door and came in. He came over to my bed and put his arms around me. His eyes were severely bloodshot and he'd obviously been crying for about the same time that I had.
"I am so sorry," he said, almost crying the words.
There was something calming and protecting about being with Bob. The way he was holding me made me feel so secure, like no harm could come to me. He ran his fingers through my hair, and held me so tight. We were both crying so hard, understandably. I couldn't have cried harder if I tried.

*Bob POV*

It was about half three. We were lying on her bed, just lying there. Jen was half asleep, but I was wide-awake. I guessed we only had each other now. I wondered how Jen was going to take the death of Michelle; she almost killed herself when her dad died. I was scared she'd do it again and I'd lose her too. She was such a beautiful sleeper, just like her sister. I spent hours just listening to her breathing. I still couldn't believe this was happening; it was like my worst nightmare come true.

I didn't sleep all night, but Jen woke up at half nine. She yawned and sighed, "Please tell me it was a dream,"
"Sorry," I said. If only it had been.
"D'you think that if I didn't get out of bed that nothing would change or get worse?" she said.
"Erm...no," I said.
She sighed, "I just can't believe she's gone."
I put my arm around her.
"I know," I said. She leant in close to me and put her head on my chest.
"I'm scared of what's gonna happen next," she said, "I was so close to Michelle. I don't know what I'm gonna do without her."
"We're gonna stick through this," I said, "Things will get better, I promise."
Sign up to rate and review this story