Categories > Games > Tales of Symphonia > Full Circle

Enter Genis

by SylviaViridian 0 reviews

Genis' first entry, by Meowzy-chan.

Category: Tales of Symphonia - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Genis, Raine, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2007-02-14 - Updated: 2007-02-14 - 596 words

0Unrated
Meowzy: My turn now! I guess I'll start as Genis. I've never really written as him before, but it couldn't be that hard, right? ... Right? Well, we'll see how it turns out, shall we? Uhm... Oh we still don't own ToS or the characters, and we probably won't for the entire duration of this fic. So do we have to mention this every chapter?

---

Dear... Uhm... Diary,

It's kinda strange, writing down all my thoughts. But Raine said that it would do wonders for my emotional growth, so here we are. I guess it couldn't hurt me to write in here for about five minutes every night.

So in case you're wondering, my name is Genis Sage. I'm fourteen years old right now and my hobbies include cooking and studying. I'm travelling around with the newly reunited world with my sister; Raine. We're trying to stop discrimination and make the world a better place for half-elves. Because we have rights too, you know.

Two years ago, I was part of the group that reunited the two worlds. We had a lot of fun travelling together, even though Zelos (the ex-chosen of Tethe'alla) regularly got on my nerves. He was just playing around, but I don't think he really noticed how bad his 'casual comments' stung me. Well, not that it matters much now. I sorta forgave him, I guess. He can't help the fact that he's an idiot.

Anyway, I haven't heard much from the others since we parted ways. Everyone had their own life to return to. Raine and I have been really busy too. Getting people to stop discriminating is no picnic. Sometimes... I hope that we'll run into our mother while we're travelling. I know that Raine dislikes her (that might be an understatement) for the way she left us behind, but she's still our mother. I guess I just... want to get to know her better.

Mithos... I haven't heard from him either. He said that he'd stay out of trouble and that he'd still be my friend, but... I wonder how he's doing. He's my first real half-elf friend and the only one who really understood my feelings. I mean, not that Lloyd isn't nice and all, but Mithos... Mithos has a special something that I can't really describe.

Could it be that, maybe, I love Mithos? It's not uncommon for a boy to like another boy, is it? Okay, sure, it's against the way nature had meant it to be, but who gives a damn about nature anyway? The Eternal Sword was solid proof that the laws of nature can be defied.

Even if I do love Mithos, I'm scared of what Raine's reaction will be when she finds out. It's embarrassing enough as it is... Then again, I noticed the face that Raine makes whenever Sheena is mentioned, so perhaps she'd understand.

What would scare me more would be Mithos' response. What if he doesn't feel the same way? I'd never be able to look him in the face again. He might not even want me near him anymore... I don't want to ruin the friendship we have. Yet, if I don't tell him, I'll be stuck with these weird feelings. It kinda hurts when I think of him as 'just a friend' and nothing more.

Wow, now that I've written it down, I guess it's pretty obvious that I do have a crush on Mithos. Maybe, next time I see him, I should tell him. ... Maybe.

Oh, I have to go now. Raine needs me to cook dinner.
Sign up to rate and review this story