Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Who Knew It Would Happen Like This?

Chapter 1

by killmyending 4 reviews

What if you could be the savior of the person that saved you? Could you stand strong while they fell at your expence? Ry/Bren during their highschool years. - I don't claim that any of this actuall...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-09 - Updated: 2007-02-09 - 1311 words

1Original
Here I was, out in the freezing snow and wind, behind the school building, away from anyone who even cared to ask why I wasn't in class.The cold white - no scratch that - It was a muddy grey-brown colour, with only the slightest hints of it's orignal pure white colouring remaining. Anyway, I was sitting in the snow (the horribly dirty snow) and it was soaking through my pants, making me feel cold (and not to mention uncomfortable), colder then the wind alone could make me feel.

I pulled out a cigarette from the packet in my coat pocket and went to light it, then I heard a rustle behind me and I turned sharply to see what it was, dropping the cigarette and lighter in the process. They thudded harmlessly to the snow. When I had focused my eyes on the direction of the sound I noticed a boy.

He was tall and sickly thin. I wondered if he was anorexic because even his winter coat didn't add much bulk to his frame. His brown hair covered one eye, his eyes a dark brown colour and heavily lined with black eyeliner. I eyed him warily and then turned back to my objects of torture and also relief, they were still laying in the snow from when I dropped them. I picked them up and flicked at the lighter, trying to get a flame.

"Fuck." I swore angrily when it wouldn't light, no matter how hard I tried.

"It's no good for you anyway." I heard someone say from behind me and then the boy who had spoken came and sat down on the mound of snow beside me.

I frowned. I didn't like it when people told me what was and wasn't good for me. That's all my parents had done all my life. That's actually all anyone had ever done.

"Don't tell me what's good for me and what isn't stick-boy." I snapped harshly, and turned to accompany my comment with an angry glare.

He looked taken aback for a moment. Then he smoothed down his fringe with a gloved hand, the fingers of his gloves had been cut off and it looked like a DIY job. His pale cheeks flushed florid for a moment, whether from the cold or my sharp reply, I didn't know.

I shook my lighter violently and then tried to light a flame. Finally success, I cheered mentally when the flicker of bright orange appeared. I put the cigarette in my mouth and breathed in the bitter but intoxicating flavour. This is what I loved to do. Take time out of my day to relax in this way. This way was my way. I knew it was a horrible addiction but it's what I did to get myself through the long tedious days that my life consited of.

I felt the cigarette being removed from my fingers and my lips tugged into a pout. When I turned to face the person that was depriving me of my lovely tar and carbon monoxide laced with acetone, arsenic and formaldehyde (among other things) I frowned because he had put it in his mouth. For someone that said it wasn't good for me he was sure doing a great job at being hypocritical. I snorted and shook my head.

"What?" The boy said with raised eyebrows. "I said it wasn't good for you. I didn't say don't do it."

I laughed in disbelief. Man this kid was something.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Ryan." He replied, still holding the cigarette in between two fingers. He took another long drag and it looked like he didn't intend to be giving it back anytime soon.

I let out a low growl and narrowed my eyes, then without much more warning I pounced on him, pinning him to the snow. All this just because I wanted my cancer stick back. Waste not, I thought as I tugged it from his hand. Then I got off him and shoved the cigarette in my mouth again, relishing the flavour.


--------------RYANS P.O.V----------------

Woah, this kid was crazy, I thought as I sat upright again brushing the clumps of muddy snow off my clothes and out of my hair. He'd just lunged at me, all over a cigarette. Nuts, seriously nuts, I thought shaking my head.

"You're like a fucking rabid animal." I said, trying to say it in utmost seriousness. In actual fact, this boy amused me.

He glared at me and for a moment I thought he was going to jump on me again. Not that I really would have minded. I'd been watching him come out here and sit alone for weeks, and I know how stalkerish that sounds but I'm not like /that/.He'd come out here almost every day, about half way during the day and just sit, enjoy a smoke and sometimes he would sing softly to himself. Today was the day that I'd finally worked up the courage to talk to him. Every other day I would just watch.

Then unexpectedly instead of jumping on me he laughed but didn't say anything to combat it. To me it felt like we were old friends already or maybe that was just the way he behaved around people.

After a short comfortable silence he began to say something, "I'm.."

"Why aren't you in class?" A loud demanding voice cut in. They were fairly far away but their voice carried well. "Brendon Urie are you smoking?"

"Fuck." Brendon breathed. No sooner had those words left his lips was he up on his feet, he'd dropped his cigarette into the snow and was now tugging me to my feet and aiding me in running in the opposite direction to the teacher.

We ran quickly through a grove of trees at the edge of the school, the cold air made my chest ache and my lungs sting. It didn't seem to be affecting Brendon, he ran quickly and fluidly with only several glances over his shoulder to make sure I was still following and that the teacher hadn't persued us.

When we reached the other side of the trees I doubled over, panting heavily. I had never been a great runner. Brendon was standing with his hands on his hips, head up and he was trying to steady his breathing.

"That was too fucking close." He panted. "There's no way in hell I'd want to get caught out by that bitch again. I don't exactly fancy another detention."

I grunted softly in reply, still trying to regulate my breathing. It felt like someone had smashed me in the stomach with a brick. I really needed to start running again. I was so unfit.

"Anyway, as I was going to say before principal bitchface interrupted, I'm Brendon. Which you probably know now anyway." He grinned at me, flashing his blindingly white teeth from behind his full pink lips.

"Yeah, nice to meet you." I was still slightly out of breath.

"So Mister Ryan, looks like we've just freed up the rest of the day, care to hang out for a bit?"

"Sure, why not?" Who knew talking to Brendon would've been so easy? Had I have known I would've spoken to him sooner.

"Well I could give you a whole list of why not, but hey." He shrugged and flashed me another smile. I felt my heart beat one beat out of time.

Damn Brendon, how could someone be so perfect?

Today was definitely not a day I regretted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/N] This started out as something else and the idea of it completely morphed into something different. Anyway, this is a chaptered fic. I'm mainly focusing on If Only With Luck Came Love though so this is just a little side project. I hope you do enjoy though. Please R&R
Sign up to rate and review this story