Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thanks for the Memories

Last good thing

by hatemeidontcare 1 review

We dig deeper in this and we learn more about pete and pat

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-02-17 - Updated: 2007-02-18 - 1980 words

0Unrated
Thanks for the Memories
a/n: Last chapter was more of a this is how this person acts and this is how that person acts kind of deal. I'm going to dig deeper into this now, more into the aspect of what this story is about. Thank for people who has been reading this. I know that Pete lives in Illinois, but let's say he doesn't, k
Chapter 3
Last good thing


The light coming through his window was normally a welcoming awakening. Now, it just hurt his eyes and head. He felt terrible all over. He was to cold, but then to hot. His head stung with migraines. Every part of him hurt.
"Patrick..."Andy's called from the kitchen. "I can't find any pickles! How can I make a sandwich without pickles?"
"I don't know!" Patrick yelled back.
His door banged against the wall. He hoped that maybe, just maybe, Andy wouldn't do what he knew he would do. Unfortunately, Andy was not a mind reader. The man jumped up and down on the bumpy mattress.
"Wake up!" Andy screamed. "I need pickles!"
"I don't have any!" Patrick screamed.
Andy yelled a battle cry and tackled him. He had to pull all his strength together to fight him. Andy got on top of him and got him in a chokehold. Patrick, not wanting to lose, flipped him over and got him in the same position. Something snapped inside of him, something he hadn't really felt before. For once, he wasn't Pete's project; he wasn't the baby cute front man. He was the man, he was in control.
"Ok," Andy tried to pull away, "You win, you win the match."
Winning wasn't good enough. He wasn't out to win the match; he was out to win the war. Still having him in a chokehold, he turned him around so Andy was on his back. Patrick never noticed how Andy looked. True, his mom was right when she said that Andy looked like a hippie, but it was in modern type a way. Whoever said vegans weren't hot should be slapped.
"Do you have a girlfriend?" Patrick whispered to him, half of it came out in a gasp.
"Let go of me." Andy fought against him.
"I'll take that as a no." Patrick smiled.
Black bed sheets were tangled in up between Andy and him. The sun no longer bothered him. The fright and confusion blended so well. Strength was on his side. No one had ever looked so good. His head pounded and his body burned. What was he feeling? Emotions seemed to disappear. Was this what he had been singing about? Forbidden romance you didn't want, but had to have...
It was quick. The expression if you blink, you'll miss it really described this. It was a stepping out of the doorway and into a whole new realm, whether he liked it or not. Wonderment, needing. They were the poster boys of hurt and hate. Which category would kiss your friend fall under?
"Get the hell off me." Andy pushed him off and wiped his lips. "I'm not like that!"
The saddest part was it didn't hurt. It was an awaking. As the disgusted man stomped out of the room, a million and one questions filled his conscious. Was he that way? Was he in love? Was he just lustful? Reality was a hard brick, though. He jumped up too fast and had to sit down quick. But his illness couldn't stop him. He couldn't let Andy tell anyone.
He spied on him from the doorway to the living room. Andy paced the room, waiting for the person to answer. Who was he calling?
"Hey...um..." Andy rubbed his neck. "Did you know that Patrick is gay...?"
Too late. Whoever it was on the line was guarantee to let the news slip. How could Andy be so dumb? Didn't he know that if someone outside the band knew about their kiss they would be dead? The band was finished, Patrick knew it. He wasn't really good at anything else and no way was he going to end up like Gary Coleman. What would he do...wait, what if the person he called was in the band...
"Pete!" Patrick cursed under his breath.
"Well, no." Andy continued. "He didn't say anything, but it's unnatural to be kissing your friends...me, you idiot! Hey, I take that as an insult...it's a long story, I was just wondering if you knew and if I should be scared...he tackled me! Yeah, he's sick and still puking...do I care what his nipples feel like! When are you coming back from Chicago? Yeah, ok, see you then...um...I'm going home. You need to talk to him, cuz I'm officially freaked."
"Andy," Patrick came out from the hall, "Please let me explain."
"I..."Andy started towards the door. "I don't want to hear. I don't know what's going on in your mind, man, but I don't want to be in it. If you are gay, that's alright, but I'm not like that. I'll still be a buddy, we can still hang out, but if I catch you looking at my ass and stuff, I'm out."
"I don't like you like that." Patrick felt so small. "I don't know why I did that."
"Good," Andy sat down in the white fluffy chair. "But are you gay?"
"I don't know. I'd tell you if I knew...but I don't." Patrick sat on the black bench and rubbed his temples. "I want to say yes. But something is telling me no. I just don't know what I want anymore. I want to be like you more, but I don't. I want to be like Joe, but I don't. I want to be like...like...I wish I was Pete. He is such a...such a...I don't know."
"Dude...you have a crush on him."
"No I don't!" Patrick defended himself.
"Ok, say what you want. But I know you do."
"I just told you I didn't." Patrick shrugged him away and went back to his bedroom. Andy shouted that he was going home. He didn't really care. Shutting his blinds and taking off his shirt, he laid in on his bumpy mattress with the black sheets tangled around him. Was he in love with Pete? No, Pete was more like a brother, a best friend. Not a lover. What was going on in his mind? He sighed and rolled on his back. For some strange reason, his nipples hurt.

************************

Red velvet pillows blocked his view of the outer window. True, it wasn't much of a view, but it was something to look at. Normally it was just cars driving by, but there was occasionally an accident or a dead dog on the side of the road. He wouldn't trade his home for the world.
His cell phone lay discarded and forgotten on the edge of the bed. The call from Andy was unexpected but not surprising. Everyone wondered if their buddies were hiding something from him. Not really wanting to, but knowing he had to he slipped on his black clandestine jacket. If he didn't go to Patrick's and fix this mess it would only grow into something bigger. After the nude incident, he knew that some publicity wasn't always a good thing. A gay rumor would just topple onto of them.
It was a long drive to Patrick's tall apartment building. Once when they were still in their indie stage, they all planned on living in a mansion in L.A. by the beach so they could check out the babes and get some sun. But Patrick liked the peace, Andy liked the fresh air, Joe liked the small town, and Pete liked the originality. None of those were L.A. So they all found their own place and stayed.
He'd been thinking about the game for quite some time. It had been over two months since they had 'played' it, but it was the freshest memory he had. It was strange and only meant as a joke. When he was in college, one of his buddy's girl thought she was pregnant. So just for the laugh she made him take the test to. Both were negative but as a tradition they took the test every time they met. The guys had been so much closer to him than everyone else, and ever since '05, when the near suicide thing happened; he clung on to their hope and love more than anything. It was only meant as a way to really feel like he belonged with them. The caffeine thing was a lie, it all was a lie. Then why did Patrick turn up positive?
Research on the discovery channel and listen to the lifetime network gave him most of his information on what pregnancy was and the symptoms to find out if you were. Of course, the first thing was missing your menstrual cycle, and he really didn't believe that Patrick would know if he did or not. Then it was cramping, vomiting, headaches, and something he was really on the search for, soreness of the nipples. Last week, Patrick, out of the blue, told him that they hurt. Being jokingly, he told him that pregnant woman get like that and he just snapped, stomped off, and left. Mood changes were on the list.
Quiet and still was the air in the room. He called for him, but no one answered. Just out of curiosity, he opened Patrick's bed room door. Sure enough, cuddled up in blue covers and black sheets, Patrick slept.
"Hey..."Pete slightly shook him. "Just wanted to see if you were alright."
Patrick mumbled something and shift onto his side. A bare white shoulder was the only thing he could see. Smiling to himself, he massaged his shoulder, still whispering for the sleeping man to wake up.
"I told you to leave..."Patrick sat up, covers up to his chin. "What part of that didn't you understand?"
"Actually, I couldn't hear you." Pete smiled, blissfully unaware of the anger in Patrick's voice. "I just want to help out. Maybe we could clean up a bit, and then I could take you down to the hospital to get you checked out."
"I'm not sick."
"You've been sick for the past few months. Ever since that dumb game, Patty-pat has been-" He was cut off by Patrick grabbing his robe and leaving the room. "Get back here, I wasn't done talking to you."
"A.) I hate that name." Patrick pointed finger at Pete's chest. "B.) I just have a cold. And c.) I'm not pregnant! Why can't you people realize that?"
"I never said you were." Pete was stunned as Patrick pushed him backwards. He almost tripped over a black and green shoe.
"Oh, like I haven't been hearing you guys talk." Patrick mocked. "You guys think that I'm a freak. I just happen to mention to you that my nipples were sore and bang! Oh, you know that is how women get when they are pregnant!" he was now yelling. "Oh, who knocked you up, Patty-pat? Who? We all want to know. Well, so would I!"
Pete wanted to say something to cheer up Patrick. He had never seen him with so much rage before. He was so normally calm and happy. What had happened to him? Patrick turned to leave, but decided this wasn't over.
"I don't know what is wrong!" Patrick tone was sharp. "I would like to know why I'm acting and feeling and saying the things that are happening. No one else feels this way. No one else is going through this. No others but pregnant women...and I can't be one of them. I can't be." Patrick calmed down and bowed his head. "I'm a virgin."
Sign up to rate and review this story