Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Just visiting

Chapter 1

by BANGdynomite 0 reviews

Kelsey an abused 17 year old living with her alcoholic mother meets someone and her life finally starts to turn around but what happens when this certain someone has to leave and go back home?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-02-16 - Updated: 2007-02-16 - 718 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1
Kelsey's Point of view.
"Mom can I go to the mall with Hilary?" I asked as I walked into the living room.
"Aren't you grounded or something?" She asked and I could smell the alcohol on her breath. I don't even know why I ask for her permission anymore, she's always drunk.
"I'm not grounded; I haven't done anything to be grounded. So I'm going. Bye." I said about to leave when a hand grabbed my arm and threw me down.
"Your mother deserves more respect than you give her. You're worthless I don't see why she keeps you around." My mom's boyfriend spat in my face.
"Get out of my face and don't you EVER lay a hand on me again." I stood up, rubbing my side and left.
I got in my car if you could even call it a car; I drove to my best friend Hilary's house sobbing. I wish I didn't have to lie to her, there's always some lame reason why she can't come over, why she can't meet my parents, and now why I have bruises. I pulled up to her house and looked in the mirror, trying to cover up that I had been crying. She walked up and hopped into the passenger seat.
"Hey Hil, you ready to go?" she nodded and put on her seat belt.

"Let's go to Planet Play! I'm bored." I said after walking around the mall for a hour. I started running towards the neon colored building, Hilary jogging behind me trying to keep up. Once I got there I cashed in some of my money in return for a few coins to play games with.
"Your such a little kid Kels." I laughed "I know but that's why you love me."
We started playing all the games and collecting tickets for a little prize at the end.
"Oh lets play laser tag."
"We need more people though." She looked around for people to play with but everyone there were so much younger than us. I mean who wants to play with a bunch of ten year olds?
"Lets ask them!" I pointed to a bunch of guys that looked our age as they entered the building.
"Good choice, their hot." I laughed and we walked over to them.
"You guys wanna play a game of laser tag with us?" Hil asked.
I noticed the guy with bleached hair looking at me so I smiled and introduced myself. "I'm Kelsey." He shook my hand. "I'm Joe, ready to be killed?" "Not gonna happen."
We got set up and they let us into the fort and the game began. I chased Joe shooting him while he ran backwards trying to shoot me with out tripping or running into anything.
My team won, I destroyed Joe.
"Good game...for a loser." I joked.
"I let you win." We started walking around just talking and messing around with each other.
"So how old are you?" he asked
"Seventeen, how bout you?"
"I'm eighteen."
"You're not from around here are you?"
"No, how'd you know? Is it that obvious?"
"No, you just seem kind of out of place. Used to the city huh?" I asked
"Yea, I'm from Chicago."
"So what are you doing here in this shitty place?"
"Visiting my cousins for the summer." He said referring to the guys we played laser tag with.
"That's cool, how long are you here for?"
"Till the end of the month."
"Hopefully we can hang."
"Yea that'd be cool. What are you doing tonight?"
"Hanging out with this really cool guy I met from Chicago." He wrapped his arms around me in a hug and told me he'd pick me up at seven.
"How bout we just meet up at the movies, my parents aren't into the whole me and boys thing." I laughed. I couldn't have him coming over to my house.
"I understand. Boys are scary."
"Oh shit. Where's Hilary, we've gotta go. Don't wanna get in trouble with the rents."
"I'll help you find her, she's probably with Gavin."
We started walking trying to find them. Once we found them we said our good byes and me and Hilary left. I dropped Hilary off at her house and went home to get ready for tonight.
Sign up to rate and review this story