Categories > Books > Harry Potter > War

Contact

by Dragonis 0 reviews

Ch.06

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi - Characters: Harry - Published: 2007-02-19 - Updated: 2007-02-20 - 2866 words

2Ambiance
Contact

Inside it was a real party, and it wasn't just anyone who was there either, to get into this club you had to be rich and a criminal, it attracted people from all over the world and ended up being a favorite forum for the black market to many. The security was tight and no one was allowed to bring in weapons other then the security present of course, the result was very civilized, clean and fun, if you didn't get the deal you still had a good time partying.

The music was pumping, the drinks were flowing, people were dancing, having fun, socializing, a perfect night of celebration.

"So, what is it that you do?" Toyed a very attractive brunette.

"I shoot things you know." Replied Sarge.

"What kind of gun do you have?" She played with her V-neck dress Sarge following her hand attentively.

"A very big one, the most powerful."

"Can you show me?" She bent forward, affording him a very generous view.

"That can certainly be..." Explosions outside cut him off mid sentence.

Sarge ran to the closest window and looked outside, there in the distances were flashes of light and explosions, spells, the people inside didn't hear, but a few outside had noticed it. The few small clips of footage that they had of spells being cast paired with what he saw before him and he knew they had to act quickly. His squad had stopped what they were doing and looked to him for information, he gave them a quick nod and sprinted to the VIP room.

"Hey something wrong guys?" Vlad asked as they all ran into the room.

"We need guns, anything you may have right now, right here, pistols, shotguns anything." Snipe asked him in hurried Russian.

He looked at them oddly for a second before turning around and going to a portion of a wall behind him. The wall opened up to reveal a rack of AK-47s, a couple shotguns and ammo.

"Thank you very much." Sarge said dispersing the weapons, making sure that Bulldog got his shotgun.

"I want those back." Was all Vlad said as Exodus ran out.

"We'll take the side entrance." Snipe said leading them outside into the warm night air.

"What are we dealing with Sarge?" Stalker asked as they fanned out and sprinted down the street. "And shouldn't we be getting our real equipment?"

"About fifteen of them or so, and no we don't have time, this whole thing could be over in two minutes." Flashes and explosions lit up the narrow streets.

"Stalker and Destroyer flank right." Sarge ordered, the two immediately broke off from the group, going down a separate ally.

"Bulldog and JJ right." They disappeared into the left, double-timing around a building.

"Snipe stay loose." The command told him to stay with the group unless he could find a good place to take up position, not likely in this urban environment, but still possible.

She was having a nice nap in the jet, the vibration of nearby music rocking her to sleep, and then magic, she could sense it, and then the feeling she got when Sarge was up to something...why now? Bessy thought irritably, uncurling from her ball she slithered towards the one of the doors and peaked out through the tarp, all clear. Taking a quick look around she slithered down the side of the parking lot and broke her way into the sewer, it was tight fit, smelly, and it pissed her off. Whoever had started up a fight was about to seriously regret it.

"Quickly, we must fall back out of the anti apparation zone, we can't win this." A ragged, worn figure called out as he and his last four men ran through the tight corridors, ten Death Eaters followed them, throwing spell after spell in their direction.

"The bitch is mine!" Yelled out one of the Death Eaters as he spotted one of Order had dripped up on a pothole and was scrambling madly around a corner to get away.

"I got you now you filthy MUDBLOOD!" He snickered, stepping around the corner. The cold barrel of a shotgun touched his brow for a split second before his head dispersed itself evenly around the surrounding walls.

The witch looked at the strange muggle who had just saved her life. "Go." He said, as his partner darted around the corner, snapping off a couple of precise shots.

The main Death Eater force ran down a central ally, the same one that Exodus had picked out, they didn't notice the four advanced super soldiers hiding in the shadows, waiting for them to get closer so that they wouldn't have a single chance to 'teleport away' as the analysts back at the hive had called it.

A shotgun sounded off to their right.

"Go." Sarge's command was inaudible to the normal human ear, but to his squad it was if he were standing right beside them speaking normally.

They got up as one and opened fire simultaneously, cutting through all of the Death Eaters, save one who had enough brains to turn around and start running as fast as he could in the opposite direction. As he ran, and the bullets stopped he thought he saw something large move, a heavy metal object sent him flying backwards before he could contemplate the thought any further.

"Bitch." Destroyer muttered, holding a pipe in his hand as he advanced.

The Death Eater raised his wand to attack only to have his wrist shot out, the anti-personnel bullet continued past an unflinching Destroyer and imbedded itself in a wall.

Snipe kept his rifle trained on the Death Eater who looked around helplessly, scared as the shadows closed in on him, he couldn't see any of their faces, just their outlines against the twinkling night sky above and he was terrified. Three other silhouettes joined the big one that had just stopped him dead.

"I am going to ask you some questions." Said a dead, emotionless voice behind him.
"Lying is not advisable."

The Death Eater gasped for breath, his ribs were broken. "A muggle asking me...questions...ha!" He forced himself to laugh through shaking teeth. "Do you pathetic wretches know who I am?"

The ground before the Death Eater trembled ominously before something erupted from under the street, sending concrete and bits of metal flying in the air. He couldn't tell exactly what it was, but it had glowing red eyes that pierced through the darkness like fire. Thousands of serrated barbs ran along its length vibrating at impossible speeds, it was the biggest most terrifying thing he had ever seen. Frozen in shear terror he watched as the gigantic basilisk slithered out and brought its face millimeters from his own, opening up a gaping maw filled with dagger sized diamond sharp teeth.

"That is exactly what I was about to ask you." Said Sarge as Bessy wrapped herself around him, making sure that her barbs bit painfully into his flesh.

He tried answering but couldn't.

"If you are going to be silent then there is no need for you." He said playing with him.

"Bessy you smell awful."

Thinking that he was about to be eaten he stumbled through a fearful sentence. "I-I-I am, the Dark Lord's wrath. And y-you are all...going to DIE!"

"Then why are you so scared?"

"I-I...I am not!" With an act of defiance he whispered a quick incantation, setting of a curse that instantly killed him.

"Fuck." Sarge swore silently.

"Damn Sarge, that voice almost scared the shit out of me." Said Joker eyeing him.

"And Bessy smells like shit." Said Pyro with a laugh.

"Tell him that I'd rather smell like shit after going through a sewer then smell like shit every day." With the eight years she had spent in close proximity with humans she had actually managed to start learning the language, she couldn't speak it but could understand enough.

Sarge laughed. "She said that she'd rather smell like shit after going through a sewer then smell like shit every day."

"She got ya there." JJ teased.

"So what do you want us to do with the bodies?" Asked Stalker, sirens blared in the distance, coming closer.

"Take whatever you can find, leave the bodies and guns, we're going to have to get past a lot of people. Snipe you're free to compensate your brother however you see fit."

"Yes sir." They quickly went through the bodies, only able to find long sticks in their hands that looked like wands, nothing else.

"Everyone meet up at the jet, groups of two or three." Sarge ordered once they had gone through the bodies.

Off in the distance, where they were sure to be able to apparate a group of wizards and a witch watched the interrogation unfold before their eyes with fear and bewilderment.

"Should we spread out and memory charm them?" Asked a wizard.

"No, we have to report this directly to Dumbledore." Said the witch who had been saved by Bulldog.

Five soft pops later they disappeared.


Meanwhile at a UN summit meeting in Berlin, Frank Miller sat by himself and observed the proceedings, more importantly he kept a close eye on two people who stood far apart from everyone else on the balconies, one of whom had attended any sort of major government meeting for past few months. This time he had brought a friend, a strikingly beautiful young woman, who unlike her pinkly suited companion knew how to dress appropriately. Taking one last look around he got up from his chair and casually made his way towards them.

When Miller was only a few steps away from the pair he uttered one simple word that confirmed all of his suspicions about them. "Crucio."

The pair whirled around startled, only to find the grinning face of Frank Miller.

"How horrible it is that one simple word can make such a beautiful young woman such as yourself turn in shock." Miller said casually.

"Who are you?" Asked the old man carefully.

"The answer to that is just as intriguing as the answer to who you are."

"Is that so?" Asked the lady.

"Why yes, Miss..."

"Mrs. Hermione Potter." She held out a hand.

Hermione, could it be? He took her hand and gently kissed it. "Frank Miller."

"Albus Dumbledore." The two men shook hands.

"You see them?" Miller motioned to the rows upon rows of people below them. "They think they are in control, they think that they know everything. How foolish. But we know better, we know who is in control. The only question is, who is in control of your world?" Miller asked delicately.

Dumbledore studied Miller carefully, and like wise Miller studied Dumbledore and Hermione carefully.

"It is in a tipping balance." Said Dumbledore.

"A war then, not surprising. I would assume that because you are here you are not winning."

"Then would it be logical to assume that you are also losing? Tell us who is in control here?" She was fierce and direct.

"Ultimately I am in control." Miller said looking out through the window at all the flags below.

"But you are here, there must be a reason for that." She shot back tactfully.

"Do not mistake surveillance with weakness. I could very well set events into motion that could annihilate your world and then take over this one, but that would ultimately lead to a flawed result, one that we cannot allow if we are to survive. And besides I am not a dictator, or mass murderer."

"I seriously doubt that you can use missiles, and armies to take over our world, they are too expensive, too hard to maneuver, too unwieldy, divided as we are you could not possible stand a chance against us."

"But my lady I do not use such cheap, blunt equipment. As you have pointed out it would be futile."

"If you were to use nuclear weapons then you would be destroying your own cities."

"Nuclear weapons are only a diplomatic tool, and even when used they destroy whatever it is you may have hoped to gain in the first place, they are very obsolete in my arsenal. Now enough with the games, should I stop wasting my time and destroy you all or are you going to tell me why you are here?" His tone was not aggressive or mocking in the least, it was conversational without any sort of bullshit.

It was at that point that Dumbledore and Hermione realized they had no other alternative other then the truth; this was obviously a man not to be underestimated in the future. "We are losing a war, and if we lose the world will plunge into darkness. There are essentially two sides, the Order; we only wish to live peacefully and without conflict, and hopefully some day live with muggles, your world."

"And the other side?"

"The side of darkness, led by a man who calls himself the Dark Lord Voldemort, he wants to essentially rule the world, plunge it into darkness."

"A fight between good and evil?"

"Yes that is what it comes down to."

"What is your stance on our world?" Miller asked, quick on the questions. He didn't want to give them time to think, if the answer was a lie it would be easily identifiable, otherwise it was the truth.

"I am from the muggle world." Hermione answered. "A large part of the magical community is from the muggle world, there are almost no pure blood families left."

"And this Voldemort, what is his stance?"

"Kill them all, or turn them to slaves." Dumbledore answered sadly.

"If I were to agree to help you now then I would request one thing from you when this war would come to an end."

"And what is that?"

"That you help me."

Dumbledore looked at curiously. "Help you do what?"

"When the time comes I will explain everything to you, but you must give me your word or we part right now and by this time tomorrow you will have another enemy to contend with."

Dumbledore thought carefully for a moment, could he be bluffing? No, he did not seem like the type, he was calm, precise and most of all in complete control. "Okay, you have my word that I will help you to the best of my ability."

"Good, then we can be allies."

"We can be." Said Dumbledore.

Miller looked at him.

"Do you know the town of Peddington?"

"Yes I have heard of it, some strange things going on there." He was pretty sure they had lost contact with the whole area a few days ago, troops stationed nearby had been ordered to investigate, not a word from them since.

"Indeed there are, for that is where a major Death Eater city is located. There is a large prison there housing many Order members and civilians. There have been many battles recently for its strategic importance, for it is a major junction for our Floo network. They cannot apparate away so that should not be a factor in your attack against them. Should you be successful then we will truly be allies, until then I simply cannot trust you and your abilities."

"Three questions." Miller. "One what is the Floo network?"

"The Floo network is a mean of near instant transportation, we connect fire places to eat and travel between houses that way. Before the war it was open, except for any restrictions that you might want to put on a fireplace, but now we have major junction points where you must go through. Think of the Floo network as a highway, and Peddington as place where a lot of the roads meet. Without Peddington we really must go out of our way, with all of the security measures put in place going from one point to another is now much more time consuming then it used to be." Dumbledore explained.

"What is apparating?"

"That is instantaneous travel, much more dangerous because of the concentration required, and you need to have been at a spot before hand in order to be able to go there. Many wizards and witches have accidents along the way..."

"So they cannot apparate in that area, a type of roadblock if I may use the analogy, and it is a vital transportation route."

"Yes you are correct, what is the third question?"

"How long do I have?"

"Would a week be enough time?" Dumbledore asked, hoping that it would be sufficient.

Miller laughed lightly. "Be there in six hours, should be about sunrise."

Dumbledore looked at him as if the man was talking mad.

"If there is nothing else to talk about until that point in time then I shall be leaving. Mrs. Potter it was a pleasure meeting you, Dumbledore." He nodded to them both and walked away.

"He underestimates the situation, there is no way that he can do something of that scale within six hours." Hermione said to Dumbledore once Miller had left.

"No my dear Hermione, it is we who have underestimated him."
Sign up to rate and review this story