Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Escape to L.A.

Put Your Fingers Back to the Keys

by Dancemandydance

Pete chickens out, Kat sings her heart out, and Joe slips.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-25 - 2322 words

?Blocked
--Pete's POV--

I can't tell her. God i'm such a chicken shit. If I tell her I might freak her out and ruin her opportunity to sing for us. I could lose her. Not to mention, Patrick would be pissed. I hesitate.

KatMixmyMusic: Well? What do you have to tell me?
NvrNvrLandin: I can't remember now.
KatMixmyMusic: uh huh. Sure.
NvrNvrLandin: Seriously. That's great though. I mean you get to meet your favorite band. They aren't MY favorite but...good for you.
KatMixmyMusic: Why don't you like Fall Out Boy? They're really talented. You should give them a chance, Pete.
NvrNvrLandin: Just not my bag, baby. Especially that Pete Wentz.
KatMixmyMusic: Don't dis Pete Wentz. I heart him.
NvrNvrLandin: Sorryyyy

I can't help but smile. However, her having a crush on me is kinda...weird. I'm in love with her, granted, but I'm almost positive she doesn't feel the same way about me.

--Kat's POV-

He doesn't seem too happy for me. Maybe he's upset that I'll be meeting Pete Wentz? No...that can't be it. I'm almost positive he doesn't feel the same way about me that I do him. I hate being in love with someone I can't touch. Sure...Pete Wentz is hot as hell but I'm just attracted to him, I don't LIKE him.

KatMixmyMusic: Well, silly boy. I'm going to go to bed. Big day tomorrow.
NvrNvrLandin: Yup. You need your beauty sleep for Mr. Wentz.
KatMixmyMusic: Ha ha ha. You know you're the only one for me;)

If only he really knew that. I sign off soon after and go to sleep. When I wake up it's 10 AM. 3 can't come quickly enough. I decide to go job hunting just incase I totally spazz out today and the boys kick me out. I go back to Fletcher's and put in an application. By the time I'm done with that, it's about time I head over to the studio. When I get in I go up to the secretary and give her my name.

"They're expecting you. Right through those doors and third door on your right." I nod and start walking, stop in front of the doors and take a deep breath. "You'll be fine. They're really sweet guys," I hear her call to me. And with that, I walk through the doors and make my way to the studio.

I see Patrick and Joe sitting at the control booth, fiddling with knobs...but no Pete or Andy. I make a little coughing noise to get their attention.

"Oh my God! Kat! You're here!" Patrick gets up and gives me a hug. Wow, he gives great hugs. "Kat, this is Joe. Joe, this is Kat." I shake Joe's hand. He's a lot better looking in real life.

"So nice to meet you," he smiles. "I've heard so much about you."

"Oh yeah?" I cock an eyebrow, "What, exactly?"

"That you're...how did you put it, Trick? Fucking amazing...yeah that was it," He laughs.

"Oh well thank you." I blush.

"So let's listen to the track, and you can get a feel for it. I don't know why Pete's not here. It would be better if he was cuz he could tell you the meaning behind the song and stuff. Joe, call him will you?"

Joe nods and exits the room and I sit with Patrick and start listening to the track.

--Pete's POV-

It's 3:30. She's there. She's with them. Why am I not there? I don't know really. Just then my cell phone rings.

"Um...Where the fuck are you?" I hear Joe say.

"Yeah...about that," I decide to tell Joe the whole story. I tell her how I started to talk to her and how I fell in love with her and how I couldn't tell her last night. I finish and wait for a response.

"So get you're ass down here and tell her. She's amazing. I can hear her singing right now and I can tell you that she's going to be around us for a while. Plus she's fuckin cool and I want her to be our friend."

"It's more complicated. You see she has a crush on Pete Wentz."

"Dude...you are making no sense to me right now."

"She has a crush on Pete Wentz but she only thinks of ME, the Pete she knows, as a friend. But I'm in love with her. It will be weird I can't tell her."

"Stop being such a baby. Come down here, meet her. If anything be her friend."

"I dunno..."

"No. You do know. I can tell in your voice that you want to meet her. Get your ass down here!"

I should really be there, so I decide to give in."Ok. But let me tell her tonight. I don't want to tell her in person. It will be too hard. You and Patrick and Andy have to promise not to tell."

"No problem, dude. Andy's not here today though. He's got an all-day thing with some vegan organization." Good, one less person I have to worry about. I hang up and mope around for about an hour before I decide to get ready.

I hop in and out of the shower, put on some tight jeans and my red Clandestine hoodie and head down to the studio. When I get there I stop in front of the doors and take a deep breath.

"That girl who came in here earlier, Kat, did the same thing," smiled the secretary. I smile at her and walk through the doors. I can hear the most beautiful voice coming through the door as I walk in, and she's singing my words. I walk in and I see her, and my heart skips a beat.

She is beautiful. Her hair is beautiful. It's shiny and brown and ends in the middle of her slender neck, in lose curls. Her eyes practically pierce my soul they are so beautiful. Her skin is almost as dark as mine, but it's from the sun. She's wearing a beautiful blue tank and dark skinny jeans. Patrick was right...

"Fuckin hot, right?" Joe says as he puts his arm around my shoulder.

"Beautiful," I whisper.

"So are you gonna.." Joe starts to say before I slap him. I see Kat coming out of the booth.

"Hey Pete, you're here!" Patrick spins around in his chair. "This...is Kat," he says slowly. She extends her hand to me and smiles, revealing the most adorable dimples I've ever seen.

"Hi...I'm..." I stutter like an idiot.

"Pete?" she smiles and takes my hand, and we both jump back from a shock.

"OoOoOoO shocking," says Joe with his signature lisp. "I knew there would be sparks between you too." We both blush like crazy.

"Sorry I got here kinda late," I say sincerely.

"Its okay. Kat's done though. You missed it. She sounded amazing," Patrick says confidently. "This song is gonna be a hit. I think it's going to be a great single." I see Kat's eyes light up.

"I heard the last bit, and you do sound amazing," I look into her eyes. I'm not scared anymore. I'm not nervous. It feels like home.

"Really? Thanks," she says softly, blushing. "Well I suppose I better go..."

"No you don't have to," I say quickly. "Stay for a bit. See the madness that goes on behind the music."

She laughs out loud. It's the best laugh I've ever heard. "Okay," she says sweetly, "if it's alright with the rest of the guys."

--Kat's POV-

I sit next to Joe and we talk for a bit while Pete and Patrick mess with a song.

"So I hear you like Star Wars?" Joe smiles.

"Where did you hear that?" I ask sincerely. I don't remember saying I loved Star Wars.

"You said it earlier," Joe stutters.

"Did I? Wow...I really don't remember that, but okayyy," I smile.

"So anyway. Pete's having this Star Wars-athon at his house tomorrow. It's just gonna be me, him, Patrick, Andy, and Dirty I think. You should come."

"I dunno..." I trail off.

"Dunno about what? " says Pete, coming back into the room.

"Joe asked me to go to this...Star Wars-athon? Cuz apparently I said I love Star Wars earlier, even though I don't remember saying that." Pete gives Joe a weird look. What it means I don't know. I brush it off.

"You should totally come," smiles Patrick. "We can do more bonding. We need more chick friends. And ANY girl who likes Star Wars is okay in my book."

"Yeah...come. It will be fun," Pete smiles. God his smile is nice.

"Okay. But it really is getting late. I should go home." I smile and say my goodbyes and give Pete my number so he can call me and tell me the time and give me directions and all that stuff.

--Pete's POV--

After she leaves, both Patrick and Joe slap me on the shoulders at the same time.

"You are an idiot of you don't tell her who you are and how you feel," Patrick says.

"I can't tell her how I feel. She doesn't feel the same way."

"The hell she doesn't. She couldn't keep her eyes off you," says Joe, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah...me Pete Wentz. But not Pete. When she finds out I'm her Pete. I dunno. I really think I should keep it platonic. For business reasons."

"Maybe that might be a good idea, for now," says Patrick. "But you're in love with her and she's gorgeous and won't stay single for long. So what happens when she starts dating someone?"

"I don't want to think about it right now. I just have to tell her who I am first. Get over that hurdle." They both nod. "Oh and way to slip about the Star Wars thing, Joe," I say angrily.

"Sorry! It just happened. But we got her to come tomorrow night. That's good, right?"

"Yeah I guess."

We wrap up the session for that day and I head home. When I come home the first thing I do is head to my laptop. She's on.

KatMixmyMusic: Today was the best day. I sounded good. I actually sounded good! Patrick says its going to be a hit.
NvrNvrLandin: You sounded amazing.

--Kat's POV-

Wait...what? How does he know I sounded amazing?

KatMixmyMusic: How do you know? You weren't there, crazy face.
NvrNvrLandin: Yeah...I kinda was.

Oh my God. Is he some crazy stalker?

NvrNvrLandin: I have something to tell you.
KatMixmyMusic: Oh really? You're not gonna forget what it is this time, are you?
NvrNvrLandin: Nope. Look. I know you don't know a lot about me. But something happened and I can't keep it a secret any longer. I'm Pete Wentz.
KatMixmyMusic: Ha ha very funny.
NvrNvrLandin: I'm serious. I saw your screenname on the message board one day and decided to IM you for some reason. I don't know why, but I was drawn to you. I didn't tell you at first because I didn't know how you would react and then we started talking and you got to know the real me.
KatMixmyMusic: Obviously not the real you.
NvrNvrLandin: No. You know me. I just never told you what I do. Everything else is me.
KatMixmyMusic: Prove it. Prove you're Pete. What was I wearing today?
NvrNvrLandin: Blue tank, dark wash skinny jeans. You never told me how beautiful you are.

How does he know that? He's really scaring me.

KatMixmyMusic: You could just be some crazy stalker.
NvrNvrLandin: No...want me to prove it some more? Pick up your phone.
KatMixmyMusic: What?

My "Hum Hallelujah" ringtone goes off. Oh my God...I pick it up.

"I told you," I hear a familiar voice say. "You gave me your cell number today, remember?"

I'm speechless.

"Kat? Kat? Please don't be mad," I hear him plead. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. But I'm telling you know."

"Everything you said was a lie," I start to choke up.

"No...I never told you what I did. But everything I sad besides that was the truth. You got to know me probably more than anyone else does; the real me. I'm really sorry Kat. Please don't be mad."

"I'm not mad," I clear my throat. "I'm just...I dunno what I am. Surprised...I guess."

But I was mad. I had fallen in love with Pete and now I find out he's Pete Wentz...who I see with these beautiful starlets in magazines all the time. Now I know for sure he doesn't feel the way I feel. How could he? I'm just a normal girl. I don't really think I'm that pretty...compared to the girls he's with all the time.

"So we're ok? Because You have an amazing voice and I really think you have a future in this business and want to help you in any way that I can," he says sincerely.

"Yeah...we're ok." He makes it so hard to stay mad at him. I can practically hear him smile through the phone.

"Good. Then we'll see you tomorrow night, yeah?"

"Yeah. I'll be there. Are we watching the first three or the last three?"

"All six. Bring your PJs. You can sleep in the guest bedroom."

"All six? Wow I'm going to need a lot of caffine," I giggle.

"We will keep you awake. You can count on that."

Talking to him came so easily. I felt at ease with him a few minutes after I met him. I think we are going to be ok.

"Ok well It's really late, so I'm gonna hit the hay. See you tomorrow, Pete." He says goodnight and hangs up.

Then it hits me. He knows I have a crush on him. Oh God, tomorrow is going to be really interesting.
Sign up to rate and review this story