Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Dance Dance

"It can't get much worse" Vs. "No one should ever feel like..."

by table_chan 0 reviews

Sasuke is coming back. Whether he wants to or not.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Naruto, Sasuke - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-25 - 2103 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto nor do I own the Song 'Dance dance' by Fall Out Boys.


The sword went through his stomach. His body twitched some from the pain and looked to the other with red eyes. He reached out and grabbed the other teen's throat.

"What the fuck!? Bastard!"

"You're the one who put my sword through me," he squeezed the throat harder, "I don't have healing powers like that damn fox gives you."

Naruto struggled to get out of his hold, grinding the sword in the other's gut, "If it gets you to come back then I don't care."

He noticed the blood was starting to soak his clothes, "It would be a shame if I died-"

"I won't let you die Sasuke-bastard."

"Don't call me that."

Naruto noticed Sasuke had made no move to get away from the sword and while he was relieved, he was confused. Wasn't this the bastard that said he was going to kill him because he killed Itachi? Sasuke just stood there though.

"Sasuke! Naruto-kun!" Sakura appeared from out of the tree. Sai appeared right behind her. Sai stopped a few yards away from them and tried to see what was wrong with them. Naruto was near collapsing from chakra depletion. Sasuke had a sword through him. Neither one was in great condition.

Sakura nearly ran past them. She regained her composure and looked at the two. The damage was probably a lot worse then what she saw. Naruto was on his knees holding the hilt of the sword. He was shaking but the look of determination was still strong in his eyes. Sasuke was trying to look indifferent to the situation his heavy breathing gave way that his attempts at being the cold indifferent person were failing. Blood was dripping from his forehead and from his nose. Sakura made a move to help one of them but as she did Sasuke collapsed and fell further onto the sword.

"Sakura?" Sai said from behind her.

"Go get Tsunade! Hurry!" she said as kneeled down next to Naruto.

Sai nodded and started run back the other direction. He already knew the Hokage, along with Jiraiya and Kakashi were following him. He just had to find them. Sai pulled out a scroll and drew lines and curves. The lines came off of the paper in forms of small birds that had the instructions to find the three older ninjas.

Sakura was trying to pry Naruto's fingers off of the hilt. He had his fingers tightly wrapped around it though and he refused to let go.

"Naruto, you have to let go or else I can't heal Sasuke!" she said.

"Never!" Naruto was still looking at Sasuke, "Not until he promises to come back to Konoha and never leave again!"

"You moron! You'd rather let him die than see him healed and live to fight you another day?" Sakura just about hit him. Naruto was just being selfish. Even Sakura knew risking Sasuke's life wasn't the way to save him.

"I said I'd do anything to get him back," Naruto's gaze never left Sasuke's, "Even if I have to do this...if it will get him to come back to Konoha I don't care."

"Naruto-"

"Fine. I promise to come to the village."

Sakura turned to Sasuke in surprise. He had a change of heart? She started to smile when Sasuke made a frightening comment.

"I need to live so I can kill Naruto. He killed my brother and there is no way to forgive him for that," Sasuke's sharingan disappeared out of his eyes, "Death is the only way to repent for taking the life of my brother before I could do it myself."

Naruto's determined look faded some and he smiled sadly, "Welcome home Sasuke."

"Don't say that."

Naruto let go of sword's hilt and closed his eyes. He fell towards Sakura and she caught him. Team seven was still broken on many levels but three pieces were lined up again. Sasuke just stared at Naruto. He had almost forgotten how persistent he was. He winced as he brought his hand to the hilt and pulled the sword out. Sakura looked at him and started panic, "Sasuke! What are you doing?"

She gently laid Naruto down and then hurried over to Sasuke, "You could have just caused more damage!"

She made him lie back and she put her hand over his wound. He could feel her chakra weaving the wound trying to mend it. He closed his eyes and let the medic nin do her work. He was taken to a world that once was, that could never be again now that he made the declaration to kill Naruto. He never wanted that though. He pushed them out of his mind. He dreamed blank dreams with nothing to remind him of what they once had. Sasuke dreamed of nothing, and he planned to keep it that way.

Naruto had lost in a way. He knew he had. Sasuke was coming back to Konoha, and he'd be damned if he allowed him to leave again. He didn't care if Sasuke wanted to kill him. A voice whispered in his head that it was the only way. It wouldn't have been the only way if he hadn't killed Itachi. Itachi had deserved it though. Itachi dragged him back to the Akatsuki base to take the Kyuubi. Kyuubi didn't like the idea of its power being harnessed so it killed him without a second thought. So it technically wasn't Naruto's fault. Sasuke wouldn't take that excuse though and Naruto didn't want to give it. They would fight again someday in the future, where he would not use Kyuubi and Sasuke wouldn't use the curse and Naruto knew that in that battle, he would end up dying. So Naruto lied there smiling while Sakura tended to Sasuke's wound knowing that this would be the last time he'd be smiling around Sasuke.

Sai arrived with Tsunade, Kakashi and Jiraiya not far behind them. Kakashi saw the state his students were and held back urge to join them. Tsunade got down next to Naruto and started to check for things like his pulse and examined his chakra flow. Jiraiya stood off to the side with a grim look on his face. Sai on the other hand, sat next to Sakura observing her work on Sasuke. She was to kind to Sasuke, even after everything he had done. Sai looked at Sasuke and knew that Sasuke deserved none of this. The bond between Naruto and Sasuke, Sasuke wanted nothing to do with it but Naruto pursued him until it came down to Sasuke almost dying. Sai knew how precious this was to Naruto though, and said nothing. Maybe he was spiteful because Sasuke would be taking away what Sai had been trying to achieve with Naruto and Sakura. Sai didn't want to lose that. Sai leaned his head on Sakura's shoulder, watching the wound on Sasuke's stomach close.

"Sakura, what is Sasuke's condition?" Tsunade asked setting Naruto's broken ankle.

Sakura bit her lip, "He's lost a lot of blood from the sword. I'm surprised he was conscious for so long. His right wrist is broken."

"Did the sword puncture anything major?"

"I'm trying to fix those right now."

"Heal them and then we'll get him and Naruto back to Konoha. They both are going need major surgery."

Sakura finally finished healing the puncture wounds and looked to Tsunade, "Why does Naruto need it?"

"His ankle is so shattered that it's nothing but mush. Even with the fox's help I doubt he'll be able to use it properly again."

Sai raised his head from Sakura's shoulder, "Does that mean-"

"We need to bring him back now," Tsunade gently picked up Naruto, "Get Sasuke."

Tsunade was the first gone. Sakura picked up Sasuke and looked to her teacher. Kakashi had a solemn look on his face. He left and Jiraiya followed him. Sai looked at her and smiled sadly, "We need to go back Sakura-chan if you want Uchiha to live that is."

Sakura gave Sai an odd look and then started to go in the direction the others went and Sai followed her.

"What was that comment for Sai?"

"I was only stating a fact. Uchiha will probably die if he doesn't get back to Konoha," Sai said.

Sakura sighed and continued on. Whatever Sai was trying to say would have to wait.


Sai and the two older men were in the waiting room of the hospital. Sakura and Tsunade had been working for hours already. Kakashi had slipped his mask off to smoke earlier and hadn't bothered to replace it. He had a worried look on his face the entire time, something not even Sai thought was normal on the man and he barely knew him. Jiraiya looked stressed. The toad sannin had been pacing steadily. The noise was steadily driving Sai crazy.

The noise stopped though when the surgery doors opened. All three looked to Tsunade who was carrying a sleeping Sakura. The three men all had the same look; are they all right?
"Sasuke will be fine. He's having a blood transfusion right now due to all of the blood loss. He has a few minor injuries that I fixed easily and his wrist is set. I repaired Naruto's ankle to the best of my ability. Whether he can walk on it again is a completely different story. We won't know until after he wakes up though and that probably won't be for a while because of the minor concussion to his head and his chakra depletion. Sasuke was obviously more on the offense than Naruto was," Tsunade looked exhausted as she gave her speech, "Kakashi, take Sakura home. She's done enough for now."

Kakashi pulled up his mask, walked over and took Sakura from Tsunade's arms, "Will do," and with that Kakashi walked off.

Tsunade sat down for the first time in a while and sighed in great relief. Jiraiya sat next her, "Want me to buy you a drink?"

"I need to stay sober so I can monitor them. You know, just incase one of them decides to try and die I can be there to stop them," she responded with a dry tone.

Jiraiya ignored it and said, "Even if Naruto can't walk anymore, I doubt he'll stop being a ninja or doing his best to keep being a ninja."

"That's what worries me," Tsunade said as she leaned back in the chair, "Even if I forbid him from it, that won't stop him. Which is why we're praying right now for him to be able to walk again so I won't have to tie him to a wall with some chains."

Jiraiya grinned at his old teammate, "I doubt that will stop him."

"A good punch to the jaw might."

"From you it could possibly put him out of any further misery."

Tsunade laughed and stood, "Go home Jiraiya. I'll let you know if your successor is going to be fine later."

"Never refer to Naruto as my successor again...its creepy."

"Whatever," said Tsunade. She walked back into the surgery room with a yawn.

Jiraiya decided it would be best for him to go home. That's when he noticed something though. Sai was still sitting there.

"Aren't you tired? You heard they're fine for now didn't you?" Jiraiya asked.

Sai nodded, "Yea, but I was hoping to see him before I went home."

"You heard her speech though. Naruto wouldn't even be awake to be glad to see you and besides I doubt Tsunade will let you back there," Jiraiya stood up and stretched, "You aren't going to be able to do anything right now. Just go home and sleep. It's been a long day."

Sai listened to Sannin and stood. He didn't like the idea of leaving his friend behind but Jiraiya was right. Sai walked out of the hospital and back to his small apartment. He looked at the clock that read two eighteen. He then saw the blank canvas underneath it. He walked over, picked the canvas up and put it on his easel. Sai took out a brush and began painting a picture.

It didn't matter if Sai didn't want Sasuke there. Naruto's tie with Sasuke was much more important at that time and he doubted he would lose Naruto's friendship. The lines became darker and the picture was more defined. The picture was of himself, Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke. If Naruto and Sakura would accept Sasuke back, so would he.
Sign up to rate and review this story