Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Learning to Trust Again

Chapter Five: I Swear

by Zpan_Sven 0 reviews

Kafir and Usagi go on their date, unkwoingly stalked by Mamoru.

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Ami (Mercury), Haruka (Uranus), Makoto (Jupiter), Michiru (Neptune), Minako (Venus), Pluto, Rei (Mars), Saturn, Tuxedo Kamen, Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-09-16 - Updated: 2005-09-16 - 1522 words

0Unrated
PART 5: I SWEAR

** In the Tokyo Minimal Security Prison **


Mamoru clenched his fist around the receiver of the phone as he stared at his contact to the outside world.

"So this Kafir is taking my Usa-ko out on a date." Mamoru said, seething.

"Hai, boss. To the most expensive restaurant in town too," the informant said, his rat-like face taking on a thoughtful look, "He was also carrying around a small box. It was around the size of a ring box."

Mamoru's face tightend in rage a he spoke through clenched teeth, "Do you have what I need?"

"Hai, boss"



** Tsukino Residence **

"'Kaa-chan, 'Tou-chan!!" Usagi cried out as she entered her home.

Kenji looked up from his newspaper and Ikuko rushed from the kitchen to see what was going on.

"Kafir-san asked me out on a date!" Usagi cheerfully squealed.

"That is wonderful!!" Ikuko exclaimed, smiling at her daughter as Kenji smiled ever so slightly.

"He said to dress formally! What should I wear?!" Usagi asked her mother.

"Let's go look through your closet..."



** 4:50 PM **

Usagi sighed as she leaned back in her bubble filled bathtub. She closed her eyes and allowed her mind to wander...


**----- FLASHBACK -----**

"Serenity-hime." Usagi blinked and looked up. She would have gasped but she felt her features melt into a smile. Before her, dressed in what appeared to be a combination of the Japanese Kimono and Arabic Robes in the colors of black and dark purple.


= I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky
And I swear like the shadow that's by your side =



"Kafir-san! Will you be coming to my coming out party?" Usagi heard her voice ask of this royal-looking Kafir.

"Of course, Serenity-hime. You will, I hope, save a dance for me..."

"USAGI!!"


**----- END FLASHBACK -----**


"USAGI!!"

Usagi jerked upright in the bathtub at her bellowed name. She looked around to see an impatient Luna sitting on the towel rack at the foot of the bathtub.

"Nani, Luna?! I was having a memory of the Silver Millennium!!" The hime-sama growled.

"Gomen, Usagi-chan, demo, its 5:15. I thought you wanted to do your hair for your date with Kafir-san." Luna said, her apology sincere.

"Doomo, Luna."

"Maybe after your date you can tell me about your memory if you are not too tired," Luna suggested.

"I'll do that," Usagi said as she began to shave her legs.


** 6:15 PM **

Kafir adjusted his bowtie before he knocked on the front door of the Tsukino Residence with a loosely balled fist. Shingo opened the door, and the boy's jaw dropped slightly.


= I see the questions in your eyes
I know what's weighing on your mind
You can be sure I know my heart =



"Nani? Is my tie crooked?" Kafir asked of the boy.

"Iie. It's the fact you are actually wearing one. You'd look better without it. You look like it is strangling you," Shingo replied truthfully.

"I agree with my musuko-chan. Maybe you should take it off." Ikuko said from her seat beside her husband.

"You think so? I'm not sure how appropriate it would be. I'm taking Usagi-hime to Yue's Palace. (A really fancy restaurant I made up ^_^ Yue is Chinese for Moon, cool, ne?)" Kafir told them.

"Yue's Palace?!" Shingo exclaimed, "That place is expensive and Odango Atama eats a ton!"

Kafir's face seemed to tighten as he towered over Shingo, "Do not call her that."

"Huh?"

"Never call Usagi-hime 'Odango Atama' again." Kafir set down the bouquet of flowers her had brought Usagi and stealthily placed one of his ungloved hands at the base of one of Ikuko's plants.


= `Coz I'll stand beside you through the years
You'll only cry those happy tears
And though I make mistakes
I'll never break your heart =



"Why?" Shingo demanded crossly while wondering why Kafir was calling his older sister a princess.

"It hurts her. I will not allow that." With that said, the plant Kafir was touching wilted almost to the point of death.

"Nani?!" Kenji exclaimed.

Then before their stunned eyes the plant was instantly revived and bloomed, now in better health then before it wilted. Kafir discreetly removed his hand and picked up the bouquet of flowers.

"Kafir-san?" Usagi's voice floated down the stairs to the group in the foyer before she appeared at the head of the stairs.


= And I swear, by the moon and the stars in the sky
I'll be there
I swear, like a shadow that's by your side
I'll be there =



Only the intense training that Kafir went through kept him from dropping the flowers; his jaw was another matter entirely.

"Usagi-hime. You out do your mother and the moon itself." Kafir said, referring to both Queen Serenity and Ikuko.

"Doomo Arigatoo, Kafir-san." Usagi said as she seemed to float down the stairs, dressed in a silver and ivory version of her Princess gown. Her hair was upswept in her usual style, but the streamers were curled ribbons of silver and gold that cascaded down her shoulders and back.


= For better or worse, till death do us part
I'll love you with every beat of my heart
And I swear =



"I merely speak the truth," Kafir stated as he held out the bouquet of pink and white roses and pure white lilies and assorted white flowers.


= I'll give you every thing I can
I'll build your dreams with these two hands
We'll hang some memories on the walls =



"I'll put these in a vase, you two go on your date," Ikuko told them.

"Doomo Arigatoo, Tsukino-san," Kafir said as he bowed to Ikuko and Kenji.

Kafir straightened and offered his arm to Usagi who took it after she wrapped herself into a long shawl of ivory and silver wool. The couple walked towards a black and purple Porsche with silver trim. Usagi slid into the black and silver interior of the vehicle and raised a brow at the leather seats.


= And when just the two of us are there
You won't have to ask if I still care
`Coz as the time turns the page, my love won't age at all =



"Nice car, Kafir-san." Usagi commented.

"Doomo Arigatoo, Usagi-hime," came Kafir's voice as he slid behind the wheel. His lips quirked up into a slight smile as he brought the car to life.


** 6:30 PM **

Mamoru grinned to himself as he stared at the dead body of his informant. The dead man's rat-like features were composed in horror and pain. Now to find this Kafir guy do much worse to him. And to find his Usa-ko...


** 6:30 PM, Yue's Palace **

Usagi's jaw all but dropped as Kafir helped her out of the Porsche.


= And I swear by the moon and the stars in the sky
I swear (and I swear) like the shadow that's by your side
I'll be there =



"Yue's Palace?!" she exclaimed in a whisper.

"You are more than worth it, Usagi-hime." Kafir stated, looking distinguished and very handsome in his purple-black tuxedo pants, vest, and jacket, and pristine white shirt that was open at the throat, exposing his strong neck, his Adam's apple, and collar bone. Once more he offered her his arm and as she took it, he led her into the large and expensive restaurant.

"Konban wa, welcome to Yue's Palace. Name of reservation?" The hostess asked them.

"Shino, party of two." Kafir said to the hostess.

"Follow me, Shino-san." The hostess said as she picked up two menus and led them to a table beside the large bay windows overlooking the bustling street.

Kafir and Usagi sat across one another. Usagi peered inside the menu and stifled a gasp. These prices were outrageous! Kafir merely glanced through the menu with a bored air. He was well used to such prices, due to his family's wealth and his own work in the Arabian oil wells. He could sense Usagi's trepidation and smiled slightly.

"Order whatever you wish. I assure you, I can well afford it," Kafir said, his tone reassuring.

"You're certain?" She asked.

"I would not tell you otherwise." Kafir replied.


= For better or worse, till death do us part
I'll love you with every beat of my heart
And I swear =



** Outside Yue's Palace **

Mamoru seethed as he stared at Kafir and his Usa-ko ordering dinner from a waiter. After the waiter left Kafir looked at Usa-ko, took a deep breath and said something to Usa-ko that had a look of shock on her face...


** In Yue's Palace **

Kafir watched as the waiter left with their orders and took a deep breath, preparing himself to say what he had been wanting to say for over a thousand years.


= I swear (I swear) by the moon and stars in the sky
I'll be there
I swear like the shadow that's by your side
I'll be there =



"Usagi-hime," Kafir began hesitantly, "I have been wanting to tell you something for over a thousand years..."

"Soo ka?"

"Soo, Usagi-hime. Usagi-hime...Ai Shiteru...(I love you...)"

Usagi's jaw dropped at that statement.


= For better or worse, till death do us part
I'll love you with every (single) beat of my heart
I swear, I swear,
Oh... I ... swear... =
Sign up to rate and review this story