Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Rooftops

Rooftops

by razkis 2 reviews

Elli and Ella are finally able to start a new life. But will it turn out the way they want it to?

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] [Y] - Published: 2007-02-26 - Updated: 2007-02-27 - 1521 words

0Unrated
"Ellie, come on we have to go," my twin sister Ella whispered in my ear. I got up and grabbed my stuff that I had packed earlier. My sister handed me some pain killers for my leg and bruised eye. I took them and put them in my pocket. "Here," I said handing Ella my bags. She took them and I tip-toed into our fathers room. He was passed out as usual. I stole two packs of cigarettes and walked back out. We crept down the stairs. When I got to the second to the last step I slipped and fell.
"Fuck," I whispered rubbing my leg that had a huge bruise on it from earlier. My sister threw our stuff in a closet. We sat there for 10 minutes making sure I hadn't awakened our dad. My sister got our stuff and just as we were walking out we heard "Where the FUCK do you think you're goin'?" Our dad, Rob, grabbed me and my sister by the hair and dragged us upstairs. "Answer me, what the hell do you think you two are doing?" I sat by the window in a corner with my sister sitting next to me. Ella shrugged and tried to say something, but before she could. He struck her. Ella grabbed her cheek and faced me with tears streaming down her face. I got up and look Rob directly in the eyes. His eyes were bloodshot still.
"Sit your ass down" he ordered me. I did what was told. Rob grabbed me by the neck and pulled me towards my bed. "You, you tell me what the fuck you were doing," His breath smelled of liquor. "I got claustrophobic and needed to get out. Ella just came with me so nothing would happen to me," I lied through my teeth actually making eye contact with him. He struck me on my bad eye and threw me on the bed. He started screaming but it was all a blur the only thing that I really heard was that I shouldn't lie to him. The pain was too much to bare that I was crying so hard I could barely hear anything going on around me. The next thing I heard was a scream and a bang. Then something hit me over the head and I blacked out.
I woke up to my sister holding me. She was covered in blood. "Ella, what happened?" Ella just looked at me and then looked over a Rob who was lying on the floor. His eyes were wide open. I got up to check his pulse. Nothing.
"What caused me to black out?" I asked looking at my sister. She was just staring at her hands. "Rob got hold of the gun after I pulled the trigger and threw it towards you. It hit you and you blacked out. Then he just collapsed. After I knew that he was dead I came over here to make sure you were okay," Ella took a deep breath, " I was relieved when I found that you were still breathing and well I've been holding you since." I looked at Ella then Rob. "Ell, are we going to call the cops?" Ella just nodded and pulled her cell phone out. We went downstairs where Ella and I started taking off our bloody clothes. I started a fire and we threw them in there. Both of us took a shower, got dressed and then called the cops.

The cops showed up and asked us a whole bunch of questions. We told that it just self defense, which it was, so we didn't go to jail. The one main problem was we were only 17 and our birthday was 5 months from now.


We had decided that we would move in with out Aunt Whitney our mother's sister who lived in Waldorf, Maryland. We called her on speaker phone and told her the whole story. At the end she told us that she would love to have us and that she thought she had just become extinct in our mind because we never called. She told us the rules that we were to follow and we accepted it graciously because there would be no more beatings.
Our aunt came to stay with us until we graduated which was two days from now. It was nice since we didn't have to go home terrified anymore. After graduation we packed our stuff and off we went to go live in Maryland for a little bit.
"Whitney, do you have a roof porch?" I asked my aunt who just stared at me in the rear-view-mirror and shook her head 'no.' "How 'bout a room with a window that has access to the roof?" She nodded and pulled into a driveway. "Why? Do you want that room?" She asked with concern in her eyes. I nodded and looked at the huge house. It was a blue house with white trims and a big green door. The door had gold handles. The whole thing was gorgeous. I couldn't believe we would be living here. Whitney opened the doors and bellowed out in an opera type voice "I'm home!"
A boy about our age came in with a huge grin on his face. I didn't expect him to look so goth like. He was tall and skinny, and he had his eyebrow and labret pierced. "Hi mom," He said giving her a hug. You could definitely tell that we were all related. We all looked like Grandpa except for Billy's tallness. He must have got that from his dad. He looked at us, still not dropping the smile. "Hi, I'm Billy," he greeted us while extending his hand. Ella and I shook his hand and introduced ourselves.
Ella, Whitney and Billy all got to talking about something, but I was in awe over the house. The kitchen had black marble counter tops, dark greens cupboards with gold handles, a huge fridge and white marble floors. The living room had a whole bunch of game systems, games lying all over the place, 3 big swivel chairs, a couch and a love seat and entertainment center. The room walls were a light green with pictures hanging on them. I had to say my aunt really knows how to take care of herself and her son. I looked over by the entertainment center and saw a whole bunch of pictures. Most of them were me and my sister, but there was one right in the middle with me, my mom, and Ella. It was the last picture we ever took together before the crash. I walked over by it and just stared at my mother. She had green eyes and black hair, just like me and Ell. Whitney put her hand on my shoulder and whispered, "come on sweetie, I'll show you your room." I nodded and followed her up stairs to room that was a crimson red with a king sized bed. The bed had black satin sheets, a red velvet comforter, and black and red veils. It was beautiful and I loved it. Whitney smiled, "your sister said that this was what your dream room looked like." I smiled and gave her a hug. "You know you didn't have to do this," I replied. She shook her head and looked me directly in the eyes, "you and your sister deserve this. It's my fault your mom met Rob in the first place, if I hadn't invited my boyfriend at the time over with his little brother then you would have a different dad and wouldn't have had to go through what you did." She wiped a tear from her eye and left me to unpack my stuff and put poster up. I opened up my closet door; it was a walk in closet. In the back there was a curtain. I opened it up; it was a photo developing room. I walked back out and looked through my CD collection. I had finally decided on Finch's What It Is To Burn CD. I put it on and changed the song to Grey Matter. Ella walked by singing the chorus. I just laughed and went back to what I was doing.
After I had finished unpacking I took a shower. I went outside to have a cigarette. I then went to my sisters room. Her room looked just the same as mine except her room was black and blue. I laid down beside her. Her back was exposed and there were awhole bunch of scars where she used to get whippings with and electric cord. I rubbed the fresh one that she had gotten a day before Rob died. I looked out the window and stared at the stars for an hour and as I did I thought to myself that I was going to make my sister happy. Me and my sister were close. I loved it when she was happy and she was. This was a new beginning for us and we both loved it. I wouldn't change it for the world... Atleast I hope not....
Sign up to rate and review this story