Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A Token Groupie

Twenty One

by another_girl 5 reviews

Helen arrives at the house...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-02-28 - Updated: 2007-02-28 - 1228 words

1Moving
TWENTY ONE

Helen breezed into the house later that night, Ryan in close succession dragging her bags behind him. Ana couldn't bring herself to look at him it was making her feel so out of her depth. She wasn't used to caring so much, she wasn't used to holding back for someone else's sake. Helen's eyes speedily scanned Ana as though she wasn't worth the effort and then she continued to say her hellos to the band.
"Brendon." Helen gave a strange smile to him; one similar to someone who had just noticed a bad smell and it actually brought a smirk to Ana's face. This girl was so rude in such a polite way Ana had never seen anything like it. She found it quite ironic that apparently Helen had been told Ana was the cold one and Ana was the difficult one. It didn't look that way to her though, in fact she was starting to realise that Helen wasn't as dumb as she appeared. The Barbie doll look easily fooled you into believing this girl wasn't capable of being calculated but Ana was beginning to see the truth. "This place is darling." She lied as she peeked into the sitting room.
"Darling?" Brendon replied. "It's a house." He added with a frown.
"Yes." Helen spoke calmly. "It is a house." She said and Ryan saw some kind of self control he had never seen in Helen before. It made him nervous.

Ana was finding it hard to muster an appetite even when she smelt the food from the kitchen. She went in to join everyone at the table wondering if they would have been seated in such a civilised manner if Helen hadn't have been there. Brendon kindly offered her the noodles before he took some for himself and the feast began in relative silence. Ana kept her eyes on her food and tried not to look at Helen in the vague hope that she might not be there when she looked up.
"Wine?" Brendon offered after opening a bottle. Ana nodded. "Helen?" he asked politely.
"No thank you." Helen smiled a sickly smile at him and then one to Ryan. "I don't drink." She added staring into Ryan's eyes as though he should be proud. "Personally I think alcohol dumbs people down, intelligent people usually don't drink." Ana heard Jon cough from the other end of the table as if he couldn't believe what she had just said. Helen noticed everyone staring at her blankly. "Well I mean it kills brain cells."
"You kill the atmosphere." Jon mumbled with a grin as he shoved a forkful of rice into his mouth.
"Pardon?" Helen asked.
"I said you kill the -"
"Come on guys." Ryan gave them a pleading look and Brendon lifted his glass of wine.
"A toast." He smiled at Helen as he watched her conform, lifting her glass of water. "To Barbie!" he said.
"Barbie!" everyone laughed except Helen and Ryan.

Helen paced the bedroom a few more times before she turned to face Ryan, an irritated expression on her face as she flicked her hair off of her shoulder.
"Why do you let them say things like that to me?" she asked crossly.
"You kind of set yourself up with them." Ryan replied. Helen stared at him a moment. "I don't know what you want me to tell you."
"How about next time that happens you'll stand up for me?"
"I'll always stand up for you but not if I don't agree with you." Ryan told her. Helen's face screwed up a little tighter and Ryan felt like suggesting she stop doing that or she would suffer with terrible wrinkles when she was older. "You need to find your priorities Ryan." She told him and he smiled. He had them in good order as far as he was concerned but unfortunately Helen wasn't top on the list. "You have to be responsible at some point, you can't keep acting like a child." Again Ryan laughed a little. What world was this girl living in? Did she want to be 21 going on 51? It was the strangest thing and it made no sense to him. It was time he ended this, time he set the record straight and stopped what was basically a sham.

Ryan took a deep breath and stepped forward but as he did Helen took a step backwards and sat down on the bed behind her as though someone had suddenly just kicked the life out of her.
"Ryan I'm pregnant." She told him. Ryan stood and stared for a moment and then he stood and stared some more until finally Helen begged him to say something. He couldn't. There were actually no words forming in his brain let alone words ready to be spoken. What the fuck was she on about? Pregnant? She had to be kidding, this was a nightmare, this was the worst possible outcome for the situation. Words finally began to form in Ryan's brain and the only one that came to fruition was 'Fuck'. Helen was horrified and started crying but even that wasn't enough to stop Ryan from saying it again.
"Fuck."
"For gods sake Ryan." Helen whined as she sobbed into her hands like a child. The clouds in Ryan's mind began to clear a little and he saw this poor girl sobbing on the bed in front of him probably as scared as him, as devastated as him, as shocked as him and he knelt down in front of her.
"Ok listen." He said calmly. He was thinking it must be wrong, there had to be a mistake. "Are you sure?" he asked flinching as she started to thump her hands into him.
"You fucking idiot!" she screamed hitting him hard. "Of course I'm sure!" she continued. "Oh my god! I can't believe you think I'd tell you something like that if I wasn't sure!"

Ana laid her head gently onto Brendon's lap, bringing her knees up to her chest she felt safe when his hand began to softly stroke through her hair. She wasn't used to feeling so vulnerable, there wasn't usually a reason to feel that way but she felt better being comforted by Brendon. Her eyes felt heavy as she watched him changing the TV from one channel to another and she started to drift off to sleep. Brendon could feel her body getting heavier and he knew she had fallen asleep, he continued to stroke her hair purely because it felt so soft between his fingers and he loved to touched her.
"Dude I think Ryan and Helen are fighting upstairs." Spencer told him as he sat himself down across the room form him. "Anything else on?" he asked frowning at the documentary Brendon was watching.
"You think they're breaking up?" Brendon asked throwing the remote control over to Spencer.
"Sounds like something bad, she's crying anyway."
"She's a fucking bitch." Brendon then said.
"She's... well she's not really Ryan's type." Spencer replied trying to be as diplomatic as possible. "Lets face it she's not the one for him." He laughed. Brendon looked down at Ana sleeping and he knew if Ryan and Helen finally went their separate ways he would have to watch Ana fall in love with Ryan all over again.
"No but Ana is." He said.
Sign up to rate and review this story