Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > We're Both On Borderline Obsession

A New Inspiration Is Born

by meeniemoe 8 reviews

SEQUEL to 'Trust Me, Please?'...Alice writes a book. Guess what it's about? Will it bring Alice and Brendon back together for something steamier than the last fic? Let's read and see! =)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-02-25 - Updated: 2007-02-25 - 1313 words

0Unrated
A/N: Thank you SO much to everyone who has read my last fic (the prequel to this one) and a thousand kisses and Cadbury chocolates shall go to them. You guys have inspired me to write the sequel. (Technically, I was going to end it at the first one, make it all happy and whatnot, but then I thought, I'll just continue and make it a series!) This one is for you guys. No, seriously. =) Read, Review, Enjoy. It's called the RRE. Heh. xoxo-Nat

Chapter One: A New Inspiration Is Born

'Epilogue:
I'm here, four years later...now twenty-four. The past is barely a whisper in my ear. Nevertheless, I couldn't ever forget what he gave me...'


A curly-haired brunette sat typing at her high-tech desk. The computer was built into her desk and she typed away at the keyboard on her lap. She sighed, and murmured to herself, "Technology's improving...but not for my benefits..." The girl rubbed her slightly tanned neck, as if in mortal pain.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Miss...?" A head peeped out from behind the door.

"Oh, hi. You must be the new intern. I'm Alice." Alice, the girl who was sitting at her desk still, grinned half-heartedly at the woman who had knocked at her door. Being a professional lawyer now meant that she hardly had any time to herself. But that night was Friday night-and Friday nights only came once a month. Just for her, at least. Sarah was somewhere in Asia the last time she talked to her, but apparently she flew in the night before to spend Friday night with Alice and a few other girls Alice had met within the past three years she hadn't seen Sarah.

"Okay...um, I have a few files for you here-after Mr. Lowenberg permanently left so you could fill his spot, he left these for you...there's a couple incomplete cases..." The girl murmured from the door, a pen stuck in her hair and her tight clothes closely hugging her skinny figure in an elegant fashion. She was just another intern-exactly where Alice was four years back...when she was twenty, and not twenty four...

"Oh, okay." Alice said, before getting up from her comfy computer chair to walk over to her. As the girl gave Alice the files, Alice peered into the girl's eyes and asked, "What's your name again?"

The girl blushed, mumbling, "Cindy." Alice nodded, and half-shooed her out. On the way out, however, Cindy spotted a paper on the ground. She picked it up and thrust it at Alice. "Is this yours? It says...Confessions..." Cindy read out loud what was on paper. Alice grew wide-eyed, and snatched the paper from the skinny Cindy.

"Yes, that's mine, thank you very much. I'll see you later." Alice hoped she wasn't too pushy, but she probably was anyways. Cindy huffed her way out, and Alice closed the door behind her. She glanced at the piece of paper in her hands now. That was close... She thought to herself sharply, and returned to her desk. It was only a few more hours, and Friday night would be official...

And the hours dragged on, and every so often, Alice looked up from her paperwork and writings.

2:25 pm.

3:25 pm.

4:25 pm.

And at 4:30 pm, Alice typed the last two words on her Word Document: The End.

She was exhausted, and after writing that damned story for-what?-about three and a half years, she was finally finished. Alice never considered herself to be much of a writer, but she felt that writing about her and Brendon's 'finished and done' relationship helped her heal faster.

Time seemed to drag on forever, but at 5:30 pm, Alice locked up her office and strutted out of the building. She unlocked her Audi in the local car park, and backed out before driving away into the semi-dark night.

*
"Sarah!" Alice hugged-well, more like squished-her friend to death. Sarah had laughed, trying to balance her drink in one hand and hug Alice with the other. Lily and Melanie sat at their table, waiting for Alice to return from greeting her old friend.

"I've never really seen her so happy this past month. I guess a little too much work at the office does something to you, hmm?" Melanie-or just Mel for short-asked Lily, taking a long drain out of her vodka. Lily shuddered; she couldn't see how Mel could drain all the pure vodka in one long sip. Alice bounced on over back to the table she was previously at with Mel and Lily. Her dark brown curls bounced vivaciously, too.

"Alice, how can you stay cooped up in that office of yours all day and still manage to have great hair?...Oh sorry, you're Sarah right?" Mel asked Sarah, who was standing next to Alice a bit nervously. Sarah hadn't met Mel or Lily yet, but from what she had heard from Alice, they were very nice girls. (In fact, they were the girls that had Alice's back since she'd bumped into them at Quiznos during lunch break at her first year in the lawyer's office.)

Sarah smiled, and held out her hand, talking loudly over blaring jazz music in the club: "Yeah! I'm Sarah-you're Mel, right?"

Mel smiled. Alice told her I was the eccentric one, I bet... "Yep! And this is Lily." Mel nudged the fair, carrot-top headed girl next to her. Lily, as if to just wake up out of a daydream, stammered, "Y-yeah, I'm Lillian! But call me Lily for short!"

Sarah giggled, and sat down. Alice, Sarah, Lily, and Mel talked together in a little group for the next forty five minutes or so, until a young black man made his way over to Alice's table of friends. He tapped Mel on the shoulder, and asked, "May I have this dance?" A quiet jazzy ensemble was being played, and Mel nodded immediately.

"Go get 'im tiger!" Alice whispered fiercely to Mel before she left. Mel stuck her tongue out at the rest of them, which made Alice, Lily, and Sarah laugh.

As Alice excused herself to go to the bathroom, Lily made small talk with Sarah.

"So...you work in China?" She asked curiously, swishing her small straw around her somewhat empty glass with only a few ice cubes left in it. Sarah nodded at Lily's question. "Yeah, I work in China now...It's pretty cool. I've learned a few Chinese words, too." Lily giggled, and asked in a quieter voice, "Any cute Asian guys?"

"Nope...not yet." Sarah laughed, loving the charm Lily was playing at that moment. Lily was a very calm, sensible girl at most time, yet more flirtatious than anyone else when only with one or two other people. Mel was the more eccentric, fun girl to be around-and she was taking it up a level with a few clever dance tricks on the floor with the young black man.

Sarah thought of how Alice fitted in. Alice must've brought rules and sophistication to the group-just because Alice was a little bit more down-to-earth. (Well, Lily was pretty down-to-earth too, but the flirtatious gig she had sort of threw that out the window...)

But Sarah was soon brought out of her thoughts when she spotted Lily poking at Alice's abnormally large handbag that hung on her vacant chair. Sarah said calmly, "She keeps her lip gloss in the second pocket to the right."

But Lily didn't seem to hear her, and instead, opened up the main compartment, and a thick wad of papers stuck out of the purse very noticeably. Lily took it out, just to get it out of the way, but the title caught her eye:

Confessions Of A Rock Star's Girlfriend

Normally, the title wouldn't matter to Lily, but what followed after it even made Sarah's eyes bulge.

Written By: Alice Bolton.

...What?
Sign up to rate and review this story