Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Normal

by Elfling 1 review

Greed!Ling/Ed Yaoi, violence, and uncomfortable subjects. Angst ahoy Capt! "something was definitely not normal"

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Edward Elric, Roy Mustang, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [?] [R] [V] - Published: 2007-03-01 - Updated: 2007-03-02 - 556 words

0Unrated
Normal
Don't own da boys, Arakawa sensei does. I only borrow them from time to time

Roy Mustang sat at his desk, as normal, putting off paperwork, as normal. He leaned back in his chair, putting his feet on the desk and swiveling his chair back and forth slightly, contemplating the ceiling. His mind snapped back to the present as there was a knock at the door.

That was not normal. Not even Hawkeye knocked anymore.

What was even more abnormal was that it was Fullmetal opening the door, almost sneaking in, and shutting, not kicking the door closed. Roy's eyes narrowed; something was definitely not normal. His eyes narrowed further when Ed did not flop into the couch as usual, opting to stand uncomfortably in front of the desk.

"You're early, Fullmetal." He appraised the attitude in front of him, completely devoid of the verve that had been there not two weeks earlier. Even his eyes were dull, darting around the room, not meeting Roy's in challenge like they had every other time he had burst into his office. Ed for his part, shrugged, looking past Roy's shoulder.

"Yeah, so? I got bored." There was a hitch to his voice that even Edward couldn't hide. Roy knew of the prince that had somehow held Fullmetal's attention for longer than three minutes, for all that he complained constantly about how Ling mooched food off him. Ed shifted again. "Just take the damn report and give me an assignment."

"Sit down, Fullmetal." Was that a flinch?

"No, just give me the fuckin' file." He met Roy's eyes for a split second, the dull gold revealing the bleak loss and the dying, desperate hope that hid there. Roy opened his mouth, coming around the desk to grab Ed's shoulder. Ed dodged, flinching away from Roy's hand as he grabbed the file containing his new goal out of Roy's other hand. Roy's eyes narrowed to mere slits as he watched the red coat retreat out of his office. Another not normal thing; Edward's hair, normally in a braid, was in a single loose tail.

What was Ed hiding? Roy stood for a second frozen, thinking, then ducked his head out of the office and called for Hawkeye. He would get to the bottom of this.

*
Ed shut the door to the hotel room silently, hoping the other occupant would still be asleep. If Ling was asleep, he could do some more research, trying to find a way to fix what had happened. Ed pad-footed to the desk; glad that it was underneath the window and that it was still daylight. He cracked open the first book and had just started reading the first page when a hand closed on his ponytail, yanking him out of the chair, teeth closing on the mark on the back of his neck.

"I didn't hear you come in." The needle-sharp teeth moved slightly, making Ed flinch as one broke freshly-healed skin.

"I didn't want to..." He stopped with the yank on his hair.

"As long as I didn't have to hunt you down again."

"No, I came back." Greed smiled against Ed's skin at the resignation in his voice. The fire was still there, but it was being sneaky, and it was a little harder to find. Greed could never resist a challenge.
Sign up to rate and review this story