Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie

Two Weeks

by Freespirit 4 reviews

Scott thinks about Alkali Lake and his loss

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Cyclops, Jean Grey - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-09-18 - Updated: 2005-09-18 - 406 words - Complete

3Insightful
Disclaimer: X-Men, X-Men 2 and all mentioned characters don't belong to me (otherwise there'd have been much more of Cyclops a

Disclaimer: X-Men, X-Men 2 and all mentioned characters don't belong to me (otherwise there'd have been much more of Cyclops and Iceman in both movies ;)). All characters are borrowed without permission. No money was made with this story.

Thank you to Rach for the beta... to quote Tina Turner: YOU'RE SIMPLY THE BEST! :-D

SPOILERS FOR X-MEN 2!



Two Weeks

Two weeks.

Two weeks since the sun disappeared.

Two weeks since the music stopped playing.

Two weeks since the world was drained of all its colors.

Two weeks since light turned into darkness.

Two weeks since hopes were shattered and dreams turned into nightmares.

Two weeks since lives were changed forever.

Two weeks since the hero's fall.

Two weeks... without /her/.

Two weeks... or two months? Two years? I'm not sure. I can't remember and I don't want to. It doesn't matter. Nothing really matters to me anymore. Not in this cold, dark and silent place that used to be my world. It used to be bright, warm and filled with music. But now... it lies in ruins in front of me.

And the worst thing is... I know it's my fault.

I could blame Logan, Kurt, the Professor, Storm...but I know none of them could have done anything to stop her.

I could blame Stryker for injecting me with the serum that gave him control over me... but I can't.

No, I'm the one to blame here. I let him catch me in the first place. I used my powers to attack her. That, in chain reaction with her telekinetic defense caused the explosion that led to the damage of the dam... and to its ultimate collapse.

Two weeks ago, I promised Jean I'd never let anything happen to her. It was my last promise to her, and I broke it. I caused her the pain of a broken leg as well as being responsible for her death.

The professor keeps telling me it's not my fault at all, but I can't believe him. Not yet, anyway. Maybe one day... somewhere in the far future.

If the Grim Reaper came knocking on my door, I would embrace him happily. Hell, I think I'm already dead inside.

My soul died with Jean. The one thing that made my live worth living is gone.

And it's my fault.

Sign up to rate and review this story