Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone

Ron Takes Centre Stage, Watch Out Neville!

by Wen 0 reviews

Harry needs to live his life. Harry needs something over the Dark Lord. Harry needs a reason to live. Know what? He gets it. Crossed with The Celestial Zone, H/Hr. Rated for violence (quite a bit),...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Dumbledore, Fudge, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Ron, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2005-09-19 - Updated: 2005-09-19 - 3257 words

0Unrated
Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone
Chapter 9
8th July 2005


"Eh hem! I have an announcement to make." Harry was up in front of the staff table, turned such that he could talk to everyone, and estimate the responses of the professors, "the Defense Association will be starting again. Last year it was abruptly terminated when some rumor about DA standing for Dumbledore's Army arrived at the ears of our then Headmistress.

"The aim of the DA is to teach Defense Against the Dark Arts as a supplementary course to the existing class. We accept people from year 3 and up, from any house. If you're a Slytherian, you'll be accepted. If you're a Hufflepuff, you will also be accepted. We meet in the Room of Requirement at 9 after dinner every Saturday night. If you're interested please come, though any who cause dissent or cause problems for those around will be turned away immediately." He retook his seat amidst thunderous applause from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Gryffindor houses. The Slytherians were divided, most clapping politely.

"Well Harry, when were you going to tell us about this?" Hermione was on his case almost immediately. Harry gulped, remembering all of a sudden that he hadn't mentioned it at all, "Well, I kind of forgot. See we were doing all those projects? I decided mid way through one of them that I wanted to restart the DA, and with all the work I forgot to tell any of you." He smiled sheepishly at his friends. Ron took it well and shrugged his shoulders, "Can't blame you mate, don't even know how you can study so much."

Neville was equally indifferent, "Well I can't say I don't wish I'd been told before hand, but it's alright I guess. Just be sure to tell us when the first meeting is." He returned to his food, grumbling about the potatoes having no alcohol in them. Ginny and Hermione though, were more aggressive about it and Harry had to resort to desperate measures to calm them, "I'll tell you both next time alright? I'm sorry." He hugged Ginny and pulled Hermione close, "You know I didn't mean to keep you out of it right?" She sighed and leaned into him.

---

"Alright team; this is the first match of the season. Ravenclaw; smart, intelligent, not known for toughness, but we cannot underestimate them. We play every team like we're playing several Slytherian teams! Is that clear?" All 13 roared their affirmative and trudged out, murderous looks on their faces.

Ron started his instruction, "Hermione, Kerry, Gerald: Chasers. Kirke, Slopper: Beaters. Peache at keeper, Ginny Seeker. Alright people, I want you all to play as hard as possible. I'm starting most of the 2nd team, if things go long enough we will call time and switch teams. We've trained hard for this match and we will not allow them to win! ARE YOU WITH ME??" the starting 7 roared their affirmative and followed Ron to the middle of the pitch where Madam Hooch waited with the Ravenclaws, who seemed intimidated by 14 players instead of the usual 7.

"I want a nice clean game from all of you. Do your best, but no tricks! You hear me? Good!" She kicked the casket and the enchanted balls flew off. Pulling the quaffle out, she looked at the chasers, and then threw it into the air. Then the first surprise came.

Instead of rising to search as the seeker should, Ginny swooped in and grabbed the quaffle while Hermione rapidly backed off and began searching for the snitch. Up in the spectators' stands, Harry watched with pride and laughed at a joke one of the scouts made.

Jerry Winston, coach of the Chudley Cannons watched Peache refuse a fake and slap the quaffle away hard enough for Ginny to catch it at half way, "she's good, that chaser, what's her name again Mr. Potter?" Harry grinned, "that's Ginny Weasley. She played Seeker last year because I was banned. She, I, and the present seeker share roles. So we could all be chasers, or one of us could be seeker." Jerry whistled, as did many others in the box, such a find was rare.

A few minutes later, Ginny had to role away from a double bludger attack and missed the Quaffle. Fortunately, Hermione switched with her and snatched the ball before Ravenclaw could get it. The Dolphins' coach took this one, "That was excellent! Who's she?" Harry smiled softy, "that's Hermione Granger, the brains of Gryffindor." Everyone was in awe at that.

An hour later, the snitch was still not found, and the score 310-300 to Gryffindor. Ron called time, and Harry excused himself, arriving just as Ron announced the change, "Alright, we're doing well, but you're all tired, so we're switching. I'm keeper, Charles's seeker. Colin, Denis: Beater. Harry, Katrina, Keneth: Chasers. C'mon people, let's knock them out!"

From there, things became worse for Ravenclaw. The Gryffindors, determined to shut them down played their best game in years. In the following hour before Charles narrowly caught the snitch, Ron played a near shut out, Harry made another 100 points besides chalking up several assists for Katrina and Keneth. Colin and Denis mercilessly batted bludger after bludger at the Ravenclaw chasers, and the brother/sister combination made for 150 points and 13 assists. Gryffindor won, 710-320, and all the Gryffindors received good opinions from the scouts.

Ron was still celebrating when they got back to the common room, "Wow I tell you, Jerry Winston! He actually said if I kept this up he'd have a starting position for me! Wow!" he suddenly seemed to catch onto something and gazed questioningly at Harry, "why were so many scouts there? And how do you know them?" Harry chuckled, "I'm the one who owns 30% of each of the teams that came. The other teams that I have no stake in will be round to scout out the final game, so you'll want everyone playing their best then."

Ron gaped, "you mean, you own 30% of the Cannons?" Harry laughed, "Yes Ron, I own 30% of the Cannons now, compared to the Malfoys owning 5. Of course, that a Potter contract handed me another 5 from the Malfoys' original 10 is no big problem to me. I'm not going to buy my way into a team Ron, I insist on being treated as an equal, not as a better."

Harry suddenly shifted again, "Hermione! Did I tell you that Chudley also wants to hire you when you finish at Hogwarts? Joseph said he'd give you any job you wanted apart from his own and the starting keeper's job." Hermione smiled at him, "yes Harry, but I don't know what I want to do yet after Hogwarts. What about you?" all eyes turned to him at this, "Ah, hehe, we don't need to know that do we? I mean, it's not as important as the 13 players today getting practical job offers before they even finish 7th year!"

Dean grabbed him by the shoulders, "What are you talking about man? I saw you having a quiet word with that guy from Chudley! What happened?" Harry sighed; he didn't need everyone knowing, but there was nothing he could do about it now, "that guy was Christopher, the owner of 51% of the Cannons. His father died recently, and now that the old man's dead, he sees no reason to hold onto the Cannons any more. He was asking how much I wanted of it."

The common room was up in arms! They complained that the man should have said something before hand, that Harry should refuse it, and that Harry should take it. Harry himself thought differently, "Quiet guys, I've yet to decide what to do about this offer, but it is a private matter, not something I need people talking about. Now let's party!" he wandlessly summoned a case of Butter Beer and banished them all over the room before sneaking up the stairs to the dorm.

Harry was found by Hermione though, "Harry? I know you're not asleep. Is everything alright?" Harry sighed; Hermione knew him too well, "come in Herms, I'm not asleep. It's just that it feels like death money. It's just like Sirius; I get something out of a death, just like with my parents. And everyone doesn't think of it, just what to do with the money influx." He sighed and summoned parchment, quill, and ink. Hermione sat beside him and leaned on his shoulder, "what are you writing Harry?"

He conjured a writing tablet, "I'm writing to Chris. I'll take it if he feels that strongly about it, but I won't take it all. I'll finish it in the morning; just want to get the ground work in now before I forget." She waited for him, then left it under his transfiguration book on his night stand, "you need sleep Harry, we have Defense early tomorrow." He smiled and slipped under the covers, but was surprised when she joined him, "It's too crowded downstairs for me to get to my own bed so I'll have to stay here, you don't mind?"

Harry certainly didn't mind; her hair had started to smoothen out, so while her hair was still frizzy, it was less so and more comfortable for wandering hands. Not that it really mattered with her distinctly feminine curves making themselves known to him, "not at all Herms, not at all." She quickly slipped off to sleep, and Harry joined her after drawing the curtains shut with a flick of his wrist.

---

"Harry! What happened? You don't usually get up this late, and why's your hair all fuzzy? They just announced the next match ups; we're still against the younger ones. Oh, except you that is. You're up against Snape, get him for us would you?" Harry raised an eyebrow; Ron had really matured after the department of mysteries, but he still held onto those incidents and memories that, while tiring, simply made him Ron in a way no one else could.

Hermione interrupted, "Ron! This is a tournament, not a grudge match! We're not here to settle grudges; come and eat Harry, don't let Ron get to you." Harry rolled his eyes; Ron and Hermione still bickered everyday. He'd hoped they would stop now that Ron had a girlfriend, but apparently the hope was falsely placed. "Well, it really is up to him you realize? I mean, if he wants to turn it into a grudge match, I'm actually obliged to reciprocate. It's in the rules."

Hermione froze; unlike usual, she had not read the specific rules. She thought about it; Harry wouldn't say that unless he really had read the rules, which was unlike him because he usually didn't read apart from quidditch before this year. To everyone else, she appeared torn between trying to get Harry to be "the bigger man" and be sympathetic, versus following the rules and going with Snape's grudge, versus going with the heart and paying Snape back for all his prejudice against the other houses.

Harry laughed along with Ron, "C'mon Hermy, you can lecture me later after you eat. And your match is among the first any way." She blinked, and immediately went back to munching away on her French toast.

---

"Well Potter, I do hope your will is made out. You will not survive after my humiliation at the start of term." Harry laughed, rolling on the floor, "Oh please, even the Malfoys give better threats than that; true, Draco's have gone down the drain, but really now, how could you do that?" Severus smirked at him, "this is a dueling competition remember? Well, we will duel with swords." He smirked, but Harry merely adopted a bemused expression, "first injury inflicted that requires intense magic to heal wins."

Not even waiting for an objection from anyone, Snape drew 2 medium swords and charged, "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" Harry almost laughed at him; sure to the spectators, Snape was moving blindingly fast, and about to decapitate Harry, but to the young man, the Professor was exceedingly slow. Avoiding several slashes, he decided to taunt the Potions master, "C'mon Snivels, I moved faster than that only a week into my training."

Waiting for Snape to move faster, Harry leapt back and summoned his spirit sword before launching his own attack, "Blazing Sun Formula: Sacred Dragon Fire Thunderbolt!" Severus had just enough time to hear the call and turn, when he was suddenly assaulted by burning fires, electrifying shocks, and an overall overwhelming pain from multiple sword strokes impacting his body.

The crowd, finished from their own duels, stared in awe; Harry stood on one corner of the duelling stage as an unseen breeze made his green robes flutter. Severus Snape slowly, gracefully fell, hitting the floor with a dull thud; all of a sudden, immense cheers resonated round the hall. Sure no one liked the sight of blood or broken limbs, but Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and especially Gryffindor were ecstatic with the fall of the evil potions master.

Harry himself stared impassively at the heap the had been a belligerent Severus Snape barely 10 minutes ago, and summoned Madam Pomfrey with a wave of his hand before turning and floating out of the hall.

---

"Yes my lord, I have secured the alliance of a Celestial Student. She looks almost exactly like Blaise Zabini who is now in Hogwarts. We will have them switched as soon as possible my lord." The chamber was dark, lighting only from a few torches surrounding the cavern, producing an eerie light. A skeletal, snake-like man sitting on an immense throne contemplated what he'd just been told, "ensure it is successful, and that she faces Potter. I doubt she'll win, but if she does, then it's nothing to me."

The groveling servant before him seemed to relax and start backing off when Tom Riddle, alias Lord Voldemort, called him again, "Oh, and Wormtail? Crucio!" Wormtail screamed in pain, his body contorting to odd angles before the spell was lifted, "Luscious, my friend, how goes the break out of Azkaban?" the Malfoy Patriarch shivered, "I-it goes well my lord, the guards are gradually being replaced by people loyal to us. T-then the dementors will be swayed to our side and the prison will be ours by May."

Voldemort glared at the man while stroking his pet snake, "May? Not soon enough, Crucio!" "By February my lord! February and your men shall be free!" Luscious was quick to scream for mercy. Voldemort grunted in disgust, "you were always weak Malfoy; very well. February and we free our brethren, and then we will storm the Ministry. I advise you to be quick Luciousssss."

---

"Harry! You've got mail! Why're you late down again? I mean, even Hermione..." Ron trailed off, Hermione wasn't down yet. Harry smiled, the party celebrating the downfall of Severus Snape had included the three houses he was against and lasted well into the night. They'd used three of the larger class rooms on the 2nd storey, and taken away the walls so there was ample space.

Flashback Start...

"Hey over there! Throw over the butterbeers would you?" Harry sighed, they didn't get it. They should have been pitying Snape for the man's lack of maturity, instead of partying away for the injuries.

"Forget it guys, I'm tired; see you tomorrow." Harry had barely left when he felt something soft and warm curl itself around his arm and found Hermione studying him carefully, "They've got it all wrong haven't they?" Harry sighed, "Yea they do. Let's go to the hospital wing. I do hope I haven't given Madam Pomfrey too frightful a time."

_

"Well at least he'll live Harry, and as you told me at breakfast, you were obliged to return the grudge in full, not hold back." Harry sighed and she continued, "So don't go beating yourself up, he'd have done worse to you if he could have." She frowned, "Where did you learn to do that any way? I mean, Martial Arts doesn't destroy the person inside so badly?"

Harry sighed again, "Tell you what: if you go get changed, I will too, and then I'll tell you all about my summer. Alright?" Hermione reluctantly agreed. The resulting talk was not the best. Hermione was distraut that he'd actually trusted a total stranger, even if he was actually nicer than any death eater could have been. Then she'd been up in arms that the Serpentine Dragon was extinct as of several thousand years ago, and that they only developed Legimency-like abilities after about a third of their lifespan.

Then of course she went into total shock at his killing of 3-star Toad. That he'd gotten his message across didn't help much, and she couldn't help but be sad that he was no longer innocent to dealing death. She was still interested in seeing the book left to Harry though, "I can't show it to you yet. I have a feeling you need to have a reasonably developed inner Universe before you can safely read it."

"I'm sleepy Harry, aren't you?"

Flashback End...


"Wow, late again! Was it a good party Ron? Or were you simply attracted by the smell?" Hermione arrived, smiling widely and picking on Ron again, who responded nicely this time, "Well at least I have my priorities right. And how is it that not only are you late down, Harry's just about as late as you!." Hermione turned round and for a moment, Harry thought he saw a look almost of fear on her face, "Harry! What's this I hear about you being late? You shouldn't be studying so hard; it's alright for me, but you of all people should not. Humf."

People around chuckled in amusement at Hermione actually telling someone not to study; Dean got in on the act too, "Oh my Hermione, does that mean all the rest of us won't have to watch out for the study monster when the exams come round?" Hermione scowled at that, "So far only Harry's actually done better than me in any subject other than Defense and Divination. Meaning, no excuses for the rest of you." Sensing things getting out of hand, Ginny leaned over and changed the subject, "So Harry; when are you going to teach the DA all that cool stuff you did during your last tournament match?"

Hermione winced at that, but everyone else turned round in interest. Harry was floored, "Erm..." Now that attracted attention from some of the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw houses, and they came over as well. Harry was really feeling pressured now, but did his best, "I can't teach you all that stuff, I used a specialty skill. I can teach you the basics any way. I'll explain at the meeting alright?" Pretty much everyone dispersed at that, but Harry suddenly caught something from Neville and stared at him, opening up his legimency channels fully.

"Neville! Why...Nevermind; come with me." Neville Longbottom blinked in confusion but followed any way. Outside the great hall, Harry turned round and grabbed Neville's shoulders, "Why didn't you tell us you had a Siamese twin?"

===

A/N: OkOk, so it's actually rather unlikely Neville has a late twin, let alone siamese, but I really don't think it's all that impossible, as it is actually a fair explanation (i think) of why he struggled in his earlier years, apart from a wrong wand.

Also, if anyone wonders why Hermione's playing second string (officially) when she's supposedly so good, it will come up at a later chapter, so be patient. As always, R&R please!
Sign up to rate and review this story