Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone

Something New Everyday...

by Wen 0 reviews

Harry needs to live his life. Harry needs something over the Dark Lord. Harry needs a reason to live. Know what? He gets it. Crossed with The Celestial Zone, H/Hr. Rated for violence (quite a bit),...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Dumbledore, Fudge, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Ron, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2005-09-19 - Updated: 2005-09-19 - 3291 words

0Unrated

Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone
Chapter 11
11th July 2005


"Oh my god Harry, that was just so embarrassing! I mean, to walk in on someone just about having sex! And you just smile and grin like it's nothing?" they'd just finished speaking with Zi Yan, and Hermione still couldn't get over the fact that she'd walked in on someone so close to doing the deed. Harry laughed again, "Zi Yan's like that. I think her philosophy must be 'if you have it, flaunt it' she's never been worried about having people see her showing affection to Chan, so I really don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Flashback Start...

"Harry dear, c'mon in now. I've been waiting to meet this smartie you say could actually come to par with what I expect from an heir." Harry grinned and pulled Hermione in, "You'll have to go easy on her, she's not used to public displays of affection at that level I'm afraid." The voluptuous woman chuckled, "Not broken her in yet? Chi Xue thinks you could be the ladies man if you'd only let yourself.

"Now then young lady, tell me what you know..." Harry walked to the cliff where Wang Chan was studying the scenery, "You know Harry, I sometimes wonder if peace and quiet is overrated." Harry almost laughed out loud, but managed to catch himself, "it depends on the person actually. To someone who's spent a long time in loud noise environment, the peace and quiet would be welcome.

"But to the man without that upbringing, the stillness around him becomes unnerved and restless. Much like us I suppose; Xue Wu's most recent pupil has been switched at Hogwarts, and I believe is under orders to kill me. I haven't the time to ask Senior Wu myself, so if it's possible, could you let him know and at the same time pass along my apologies and deepest condolences?" Wang Chan nodded, "Xue Wu knows already that his pupil's gone somewhere she shouldn't be, and has been expecting the worst for a while.

"I will let him know his fears were founded and that he doesn't need to fear her returning. On the other hand, he's already thinking of a new heir. He needs someone with an even nature, a good head on his shoulders and a solid grounding; any ideas?" Harry frowned, there were few actually like that at all, and the only ones he knew of weren't exactly the most level headed, "No I don't; the only one I would say possibly I think would be better with Phoenix. He lost his twin a long time ago, but now I've brought his late twin's power and essence into the living side of the equation. I believe phoenix will find him a joy to teach. If he's rejected though, I will find some way to bring him to Senior Wu for testing."

Flashback End...

"Harry! Where are we going now? I do not want to see anyone else screwing around." Hermione crossed her arms over her chest. Now that her physical puberty was gone, her magical puberty was beginning, and her body was slowly preparing itself. While the actual process wouldn't start before Easter, her body was already starting to prepare slowly such that Hermione didn't notice her chest filling even after it should have stopped in human terms.

"No Herms, we're going to Japan. I wrote your parents and they said they had planned to take you to Japan over the holidays. I told them to go any way, and you'd join them there; they're staying at the Sheriton, so I'll get you there quickly, hold on." A moment later, the were standing in an alcove of the lobby, and Harry ushered her up to the room. A quick wandless alohamora and he instructed her to remain in there till her parents showed up, "I'll be around at some point, your parents know. See you soon." He kissed her quickly on the cheek and disapparated.

......................................................

"Harry, mate! Wondered when you'd get here you know, Gran's upset I don't know how that knowledge will help, so I'm hoping you'll explain now that you're here." Neville had been reading the Prophet when Harry appeared, "No time Nev, took longer with Hermione than I anticipated and I've got a contingency worked out on you. Let's go." He grabbed Neville's arm and with a swirl of wind they disappeared. Just about that time, Neville's Gran came round the corner, "Neville? Was that you? Silly boy, always disappearing."

"Harry! Where are we, mate? I don't recognize anything here." Neville turned round and round in wonder; they were in Australia and on a large cliff. Neville eventually slowed his spinning enough to notice a strange kind of carving on the mountain face across from them, "What's that? It looks like a bird of some kind." Harry laughed, "Finally! I was beginning to wonder if you'd notice at all. That's the Celestial Mark of the Phoenix; it denotes the location of the Secret Caverns belonging to a particular Creature.

"Green Dragon Pool has a dragon inscription on it, White Tiger Ridge has a tiger mark on it, Jet Tortise Garden has a pond shaped like its namesake. I've never seen Golden Nymph's, but that guy's a weirdo any way; this is Phoenix Aerie, and is home to the current holder, Celestial Red Phoenix, currently known simply as Phoenix. As a first test, you have to float over, or fly over, this gap; if you make it, Phoenix will test you. If not, we meet her any way, then I take you on the contingency." Neville's face turned grim, "Lets see what I can do then."

Concentrating hard, Neville slowly lifted off the ground buoyed by wind currents. The strain was starting to really show when Neville got past ¾ of the gap, but he wasn't giving up yet; slowly but surely he got nearer and nearer to the other side, and finally collapsed at the feet of a woman clad in yellows and reds with short red hair and a flame mark on her forehead. Harry floated over and pushed a restorative potion into his hands, "drink up, you need it."

He grinned and looked over at the woman in front of them; on closer inspection, she had red eyes in the way Harry's were green and a definite woman's body to cap it. Neville managed to look up, "Hi, you are?" she laughed, "I definitely wish I'd known my own name, instead of the generic 'phoenix' name that comes with it. I see potential in you young man, but just that. You seem to have a block on it though, Harry?"

Harry nodded, "like me he has blocks on his power. I personally wouldn't remove them yet, so you can get used to a good measure of control. When he comes of age he will receive a power surge because the Longbottom properties will recognize him as the new head, and his blocks will break under the forces from both outside and inside. If there're any problems let me know. I will be going back to speak with his grandmother, but I'll be back for you when you gran goes to Saint Mungos. Have fun."

.........

"Mr. Potter! This is indeed a surprise; how exactly did you get past the wards?" Harry had entered the Longbottom Manor via Dragon Travel, as he called it, and quickly found Neville's grandmother. Now he was wondering exactly how much he should tell her, "Mrs. Longbottom, it is an honor to finally meet you, who brought Neville up to be the man he is. I in fact learned a new school of skills which allow me to bypass any and all wards, depending on my intent.

"I am in fact here because of your grandson. Firstly, I must assure you that he is in no danger, or at least less danger than I was at the start of last summer vacation. You see, Professor Dumbledore has been withholding a lot from me and I needed a way to serve my own means. That led me to this new school of power, where I spent last summer. As with things here, there are titles there that command and demand a high level of respect and power. For one of them there is a certain set of criteria that match Neville almost perfectly.

"That is the reason I was here earlier to take him there. I happen to know the current holder of the title, and she has agreed to train him as her heir. Of course there are rules regarding what happens if she deems incapable of upholding her legacy, which is incredible, but Neville is not the type to qualify for those punishments. It is also the reason he will not be around for the remainder of the holiday, though I will bring him to Saint Mungo's while you're there so he may visit his parents. Please understand that we are at war, and he needs to be able to protect himself.

"Furthermore, I recommend that the wards on the Manor be increased. Firstly there is no Anti-Animagus Warding which is important because Voldemort has several Animagi in his ranks. Secondly the power core of the Manor has no clear linkage with which to fully power any of the ancient wards that still exist. When Neville comes of age I recommend that you fully instruct him of the workings of the wards." Erika Longbottom studied the Potter head carefully, "Very well then, I look forward to seeing my grandson not too soon. You may leave."

.........

"Harry my boy! Good to see you again. It's been terribly boring for me you know? All the ladies have been doing is talk and talk about all these complicated things that I've no idea about; can I buy you a drink? I'm sure you've never tried the cold Sake before; horrid on the teeth, but very good nonetheless." Harry was in the lounge with Mr. Granger because Hermione and her mother were discussing things privately.

Things went quietly for a while, with Hermione's father pestering Harry about the intricacies of magical society, "I've little interest in the magical theories and what not; that's Juveina's department. I'm more interested in how you people manage without electricity, for example." Harry laughed at that, "Oh I know someone who'd just love to spend an entire week just discussing the differences between our two societies. Unfortunately he's not within easy reach just now, so it'll have to wait."

Conversation eventually sobered up, "So Harry, what do you think of Hermione?" Harry almost choked on his drink, "I'm sorry, but I really have no idea what you're talking about. Hermione and I are just friends right now, I don't even know if she's even remotely attracted to me in the romantic sense." John laughed, "Well you should get on with it. It'd be so cute with both of you initialed HP; I still get the wrong towel sometimes even after all this while married, since Juv and I are both JG." He paused at that and seemed to contemplate, "in fact, it's HJP not just HP. Hermione's middle name is Jane."

Harry frowned; it sounded like John was somewhat past drunk, "C'mon John, we should get you upstairs; Juv is probably getting worried about you." Mr. Granger seemed highly affronted at that, "of course not, she's not a worrywart. I'm where Hermione gets her worrying genes from; her studying genes came from Juv!" he nearly missed a step and Harry waved his hands, spelling John not to lose his footings and follow him slowly, "Well it's nearly time for bed and you need your rest. Have a good rest and I'll be round in a few days for dinner."

Harry wrung his hands once more altering the spell to take John to his room saftely before apparating up there silently, "Herms? You're father seems to have drunk a bit much, he'll be up soon and I must be going. See you soon."

.........

"Excellent, Luscious, I've been looking for this book for a while now. There exist several rituals and spells in here which I will enact over the course of a year before I destroy Harry Potter. You may go, remember to tell your son he will be Marked soon." A skeletal, demonic looking creature sat on a stone throne, browsing a large tome, eyes glowing every now and then as he came across certain entertaining or invigorating spells.

"Later for this; Avery, bring in the entertainment!" masked and cloaked figures had started appearing, and one of them moved to the door of the throne room, pulling in a group of 10 people of whom 8 were female of varying ages. The dark lord gazed at them with amusement, "let the games begin!"

The following scene has been censored for all audiences, regardless of age. We therefore pick up when it has ended...

"Nott, clear the mess; the rest of you, let in the new one. Crabbe, prepare the entrances for our other members. We must make our new inductee welcome, must we not?" As the unnamed Death Eaters vanished the bones and flesh littering the floor, Nott and Crabbe left to fulfill their assigned tasks with a retarded, "yes me lord." Voldemort scowled at their retreating backs, he didn't know why he kept them around.

Sure they were physically powerful, and they could magically kill and torture perfectly well for Death eaters, but even Wormtail could do that. Sighing, he turned his attention to the girl that had just entered and thrown Nott to the side with a push of her hand, "get your hands off me you scum." He smiled; she looked exactly like Blaise Zabini, but that was where the similarities ended. This one had an evil air to her and radiated power and menace whereas the original didn't have the amount of power, and exuded an aura of neutrality.

"I see someone believes she's powerful. Come girl, while waiting for the other, lets see if you are as good at other things."

.........

Not too long later, the Death Eaters were assembled, watching their lord and master testing the newest inductee in the newest manner. Bellatrix LeStrangle was livid, but as her master had told her not to do anything, she settled for snarling furiously. Voldemort released one last burst of power and released his hold on the girl, who stumbled to the centre of the circle created by the assembled, a pale red liquid dripping from lips of a crooked grin.

Voldemort gazed round before speaking, "we today welcome Xuan Mao. According to her she is familiar with the abilities that Harry Potter presently uses, but is under such enchantment as to be unable to tell us details. As we will be inducting her tonight, I invite any one of you to test her as is our norm." Bellatrix immediately stepped forward, "with you permission master?" He favored her with a nod.

Bella instantly threw a spread of bludgeoning and blasting hexes before jumping to the side and letting off with a nasty spread of dark curses. Xuan, on the other hand, put her hands out in front of her and a sword materialized. Colored in grays and blacks, it was twisted into a spiral of sorts, even though it had obvious cutting edges to it. She frowned at the oncoming spells and made her move, "the 9th Level of Yuan Yin." A slashing motion destroyed the first batch of spells through her sword aura and deflected most of the dark curses.

A bone smasher got through though, but she moved quickly enough to escape with nothing more than a broken little toe. Shifting to her other foot, she quickly threw herself at Bellatrix; while not entirely dangerous to her in a real fight, Bella had the advantage at range because the PanGuHunYuan Dictum didn't work with ranged attacks unlike most other sects. Bella threw up a powerful shield but Xuan destroyed it with several quick sword strokes. Planting her palm on Bella's head, she made her final call, "Pan Gu Thunder Vibration!"

A flash of light, a clearing of Death Eater eyes, and the assembled applauded loudly. Bellatrix was one of the most powerful among them, and she was now embedded in the wall behind her. Her jaw looked cracked, and one of her arms was bent at an odd angle; she seemed merely unconscious apart from the bruises and bleeding cuts that littered her now exposed body. To the assembled males, her body still held much of the allure that it once held, but their attention was swiftly trained back on the inductee kneeling before the throne.

"You are powerful as I have foreseen; rise, and show me your wand fore arm." Xuan kept her head down and did as she was commanded. Voldemort's eyes danced over the pale smooth skin before enunciated the spell, "Moresmoredre Incandes!" the mark burned her and she threw her head back. When the burning wore off, a snake's head was left, marring her perfect skin, "thank you, my lord." Voldemort laughed loud and long.


.........

"So you understand son? He must be taken out early and from range." Luscious Malfoy was practically screaming at his son who was doing his best to take all that in, estimate the Potter wealth, and imagine the Weaselette's birthday suit all at the same time. Frowning at the realization that his father was still talking, he decided he had to respond, "Of course father, I understand."

"Now show me, complete power control at range. Draco jumped back, pulled out her wand, and began blasting powerful curses that bordered on dark.

An hour later, utterly exhausted and panting, Luscious Malfoy called a stop, "Very good. Let us hope you can keep this up against Potter. The dark lord informed me you will soon be marked; do not disappoint me, the consequences will be dire." with that, he swiftly left the room leaving Draco on the floor trying to regain his feet and breathing. Slowly, he put his hand up far enough to snap his fingers and summon his elves to bring him to his chambers.

.........

Not too far away, an aged Headmaster was discussing things with his Deputy, "So Minerva, where exactly is Harry right now? I'm quite certain I put a tracking charm on him." Professor McGonagall rolled her eyes; she had no idea why the dear esteemed Dean of Hogwarts was so intent on finding Potter. In her opinion, Harry had long proved he was capable of taking care of his own and didn't need the Order's constant cover.

"Really Albus, he has already shown he can cover his own back without us worrying about him. I really don't see why you're making such a mess over this. Only the best would actually notice minor or monitoring spells placed on them, and Harry must have because he's last placed to be on the moon. Now surely you're actually going to realize that he's no longer a boy Albus?"

Dumbledore frowned; it was actually possible to be on the moon, but why would Harry go there? Shaking his head, he brought his mind back to the present; no, it was more important that Harry stay under his supervision because only he knew what Voldemort was capable of.

Minerva McGonagall snorted, just like Albus to assume so many things, "I warn you Albus, nothing good can come of it if you go after Harry. Let him come to you instead; and while we're on it, the charm has now placed him in Siberia. Good day." She whirled round and left the Headmaster to his musings.
Sign up to rate and review this story