Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone

Show and Tell, Plus More Telling

by Wen 0 reviews

Harry needs to live his life. Harry needs something over the Dark Lord. Harry needs a reason to live. Know what? He gets it. Crossed with The Celestial Zone, H/Hr. Rated for violence (quite a bit),...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Dumbledore, Fudge, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Ron, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2005-09-19 - Updated: 2005-09-19 - 2356 words

0Unrated

Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone
Chapter 13
23rd July 2005


"Harry! What was that about? I know Blaise's a Slytherian, but that's no reason to have a glaring match with her, even if Malfoy is her house representative? Perhaps you should go apologize to her or at least try to talk it out with her." Hermione had returned to the common room to find Harry at one of the desks working on another arithmacy equation. Being the ever-observant one of course noticed the looks passing between Harry and Blaise.

Without looking up from his calculations, Harry replied easily, "Careful there Hermy, you haven't got it fully yet. It wasn't a glaring match as you think; rather we understand each other totally in this case. She knows who I am, and I know who she is; since the start of term I've been open about my new position as Green Dragon heir, so Voldemort undoubtedly knows about it already and has started trying to prepare in some way. This could very well be one of those ways.

"In the Celestial Zone there are various special powers, as well you know. One of those is the title of "Great Evil" because the skill he uses is a dark skill and the first was incredibly corrupt and devilish. This led to the title of Celestial Demon because the crux of the formulae gives Demon-like powers. The most recent master of the Dictum though, is the difference because he is at heart a good person, and the title "Celestial Demon" only applies to him during a duel.

"Some time ago he took on an heir named Xuan Mao, a female, and started her on the Yuan Yin dictum because females are Yin based where men are Yang based. Shortly before Christmas, Xuan disappeared; he and many others searched the Zone in their areas, but couldn't find her. Most recently, he accessed one of the skills he'd been reluctant to use and found her in a foreign land called Germany. Sensing that he'd lost her, he relinquished his hold, satisfied that while she knew the full extent of the Yuan Yin dictum, she only knew up to the 5th stage of the Yuan Yang dictum. While it is possible to complete much of the Pan Gu Hun Yuan Dictum with just that, it looses a lot of its power because of the incomplete part.

"When he found her in Germany, it was in an underground facility of sorts. While he didn't know it, I spoke with him over the Christmas holidays and we now know that it was part of Hitler's hidden bunker from World War 2." Hermione opened her mouth but Harry beat her to it, "No it is not all muggle. What the muggle world knows of is in fact made to look muggle, whereas the vast majority of the bunker is somewhat magical in nature, and complements it's current use very well.

"At that point, he was able to actually pinpoint her so clearly along with her surroundings because she had just used quite a bit of energy in defeating Bellatrix LeStrangle, which solidifies the possibility that Xuan Mao has joined Voldemort's side in this war. While the Celestial Zone at large is uninvolved, it now is by proxy and Voldemort will undoubtedly use this chance to experiment and improve himself. Hopefully I will be able to defeat Xuan when my turn comes; what actually helps, and hinders me, is that she doesn't know the full extent of my abilities, including the 8th Level of Blazing Sun formula that I've reached. Conversely, she hasn't shown her full abilities yet, though I know the minimum she has attained."

Hermione sighed, "So what happened to the real Blaise? Is she alright?" Harry sighed too, "I don't know Hermy, with the power surge I received on my 17th Birthday I have been able to complete my mental shielding, as well as branch into some empathy and legimency. The first time I actually went at it, Voldemort realized the extent of my growing abilities at magic and closed our connection so tight I might as well use it as a vault door. I certainly don't wish to open it again, though there are times when it leaks, like when his power levels are in lull.

"For instance, last night he was going through a manual on blood rituals and his power was flagging slightly because of the hours he'd been pulling and the time. I caught a glimpse enough to know what he was doing and that's enough for now." Hermione turned thoughtful for a while, "Aren't you going to Dumbledore about this? I mean, he's faced Voldemort so many times already."

Harry sighed, "No mione, I'm not going to him. Dumbledore's faced him so many times that he has been lulled into believing he knows enough about the dark lord already, and forgets that even an old dog can learn new tricks. While I can indeed learn spells and such from Dumbledore, there are spells that I can learn that do not require it. After the exams I will visit my family library vault for books before I leave for Celestial Dragon Lake and Dragon Cavern, where I will read and learn new spells."

Hermione sighed, "There really isn't another way is there? For you to win I mean?" Harry sighed, "No, there isn't. I just need time; my power will continue to grow naturally for some time, and the last of my reserves will open up on my 21st birthday; though I hope to be done with Tom before then." Hermione gazed back, "c'mon Harry, lets go for a walk round the lake. All this studying isn't good for you and we need to talk any way." They made it out just as their house-mates came in excitedly discussing the rest of the matches.

..................

They walked round the lake to the far side where there was a large tree whose roots seemed to have molded specifically for people to sit in. They sat and watched the giant squid playing in the cold waters, pushing ripples towards the various branches on the water. Hermione leaned against Harry, "Have you ever kissed a girl Harry? As in really kissed?"

Harry was startled by the question, but tried his best to respond any way, "Well there was Cho but that doesn't count does it? I mean she was crying and all; but I'm not what you'd call experienced or anything...I'm rambling aren't I?" Hermione giggled, "Yes Harry, you are rambling. But I got my answer." She leaned against him, and sighed, "But I haven't got my answer as to whether you're actually a talented kisser?"

Harry really went red at that; he might have been one of the most powerful fighters in the Celestial Zone, but he was by no means experienced in anything apart from war and its vagaries. Screwing up his courage, he pulled Hermione close and whispered, "But there's no time like the present is there?" somewhat hazy from their proximity, Hermione stumbled in her answer before closing her eyes, "I guess not." Briefly biting his lower lip, Harry pulled Hermione's face close while leaning down and touched his lips to hers, and kissed her.

It was while before they came back up for air, but Hermione didn't open her eyes, seemingly dazed, "Wow, that was just wow!" Harry had opened his eyes and was enjoying the amazed expression on her face, and felt inordinately proud that he'd caused it, "Well I say we need to perfect it!" Hermione agreed, "Yes definitely needs improving, though you're talented as it is!" Harry leaned down again; no matter what, they had now crossed a line for which there was no turning back, so they might as well enjoy it.

.........

"My lord, you sent for me?" Luscious Malfoy knelt with his head down before his lord and master Voldemort. The dark lord gazed at him for a long time before he seemed to come to a decision, "Yes I did. The Death Eaters have been quiet for too long and I need something done. Firstly, I will be using a ritual that will boost my powers even more, and it requires blood. Secondly, there's a muggle village nearby that needs thinning. The Death Eaters are to kill two thirds of the men, half the children, and kidnap half of the women.

"All the heads will be brought to me, as well as all the blood spilt. The women are yours to deal with, and the children's bodies are to be kept fresh. You have your orders, see to it that they are carried out in full." The Malfoy patriach bowed to his master and left.

Far away, in a room in a castle, a boy looked up from his reading, grim faced. His eyes glowed green and he seemed to fall deep into his thoughts, coming out with a grim smile on his face. Harry Potter stood up and walked out of the common room with a single thought, "no one dies tonight." Hogwarts herself had been in on the internal discussion, and roused his allies; all the members of the DA emerged silently from sleep with a single thought in their heads, "entrance hall."

Harry Potter arrived in the entrance hall and felt a tug on his magic, as if someone was beckoning him. He stopped and reached out with all his abilities, and found the living Hogwarts, actually aiding him. He smiled; a hulking great castle on your side was a definite advantage, "we will need protection." If she could have, Hogwarts would have grinned cheekily, and sets of enchanted leather amour appeared in front of him.

Harry smiled his thanks and turned to the large crowd that had gathered, "Tom is striking. He intends for the blood of innocents for his use in a demonic ritual of power enhancement. I intend for him to be stopped; ARE YOU WITH ME??" a resounding yes filled the hall, and Albus Dumbledore suddenly awoke to the noise and rushed to the hall just in time to see a large crowd disappear.

.........

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" a man fell dead; "HEAMATOEVANES VOLDEMORT!" the man's blood evaporated and disappeared to the dark lord in a manor nearby. Fortunately, it was the last spell the Death Eater ever cast, because a blazing pain shot through him starting at his chest, and he looked down to see the point of a sword sticking out from his torso, and died that way.

The rest of the DA quickly fanned out using their most powerful spells and the Celestial Arts. Unfortunately, the Death Eaters were well ahead of them and had already killed many and were starting to escape. Fortune made an entrance though, and Harry stunned Wormtail just before he became a rat to escape. The DA members stunned and disarmed as many Death Eaters as they could, but most made their escape successfully. Harry consoled them with the fact that the Death Eaters had been forced into making a retreat.

They returned to Hogwarts swiftly with Wormtail in Harry's pocket, and the immense castle hid them from the patrolling Professors as they made their way back to their dorms. Harry thanked the school profusely and made his way back to the Gryffindor common room where Hermione waited for him, "What really happened Harry?" he sighed, she knew him just too well; snuggling with her in front of the fire, he explained what he knew carefully and quietly.

"I guess I'll start with the vision. I was studying some duelling spells when I felt drawn into something; I saw Luscious Malfoy with Voldemort, and Voldemort explaining what he wanted done. Blood of innocents basically, supplemented by human bone, a key part of a demonic ritual. It was originally a Ling Huan sect special skill, but has been perverted into a demonic ritual. The user basically takes a bath in the blood and bone mixture, weaving the essences into his or her core.

'Under Ling Huan, it was meant as an absolute healing process used only by the most advanced, like Dancing Butterfly. The healing form weaved the essences into ones core, repairing outside damage from the inside. The demonic form works the weave both inside and outside, boosting the user's power both internally and externally. Back at the Ministry, Voldemort was just slightly above Dumbledore in power. During the summer he must have used dark arts rituals and potions, because he became about one and a half time of Dumbledore.

"From this most recent development, I believe it's safe to say he'll end up probably 3 times of Dumbledore. The good thing there is that in the time it will take, I will have moved onto the most advanced skills in the Green Dragon Formula, probably enough to defeat him, if I'm lucky. I plan to lose him some members and influence first though; Fudge'll want to be there at the finals, which I know I will be participating in, so I'll bring Wormtail up then." Hermione listened wide eyed throughout; at the end she held onto him tight, shivering, "It actually feels as if there's nowhere safe anymore. How will we survive this?"

Harry sighed and lay down on the sofa in front of the fire, pulling her close, "I don't know Herms, but I will always be there for you." She sighed and kissed him, wondering exactly how he always made her feel so safe and content.

.........

"After several selection rounds not too long ago, four have emerged victorious over the rest of their group. We will have the semi-finals in a week's time, and the finals a week or two after that. For the Semi-finals I will duel Blaise Zabini, and Harry Potter will duel Draco Malfoy. As these are the finals, Minister Fudge will be in the audience, among other respected members of the magical community." He glanced around to find everyone speechless in anticipation, then exploded into applause.

Albus Dumbledore smiled and waited for the applause to die down, "Alright, off to your classes then, chop chop."
Sign up to rate and review this story