Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone

Tis the Season for Giving! Giving of Every Kind!

by Wen 0 reviews

Harry needs to live his life. Harry needs something over the Dark Lord. Harry needs a reason to live. Know what? He gets it. Crossed with The Celestial Zone, H/Hr. Rated for violence (quite a bit),...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Dumbledore, Fudge, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Luna, Neville, Ron, Voldemort - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2005-09-19 - Updated: 2005-09-19 - 4102 words

0Unrated

Harry Potter and the Celestial Zone
Chapter 17
24th August 2005


"Hey Ron? What's this? It fell out of your pocket." Ron had just gotten up from an arm chair in front of the fire and Harry picked up something he'd dropped. Ron turned and stared at the coin-like thing curiously with a lost expression on his face; Harry could sense it was Ron's but also that Ron genuinely didn't know what it was. Hermione looked up and noticed the coin; it was a few seconds before she gasped in realization, "Oh! Now I know what we forgot." Harry blinked at her owlishly.

She sighed and put away her books quickly, "Go on Ron, I'll explain." He blinked in a bewildered way but left. Hermione turned to Harry and beckoned him to sit beside her, biting her lower lip, which Harry took as a bad sign. She mumbled to herself for a few moments before turning to Harry, "Please don't take this the wrong way Harry, just hear me out." She paused to assess his expression, "When you disappeared, Professor Dumbledore was very upset and worried. He wanted to find you as soon as possible, which we now know did not happen.

"Anyway, he felt you'd escaped under your own steam, so he needed someone to help him track you. Ron, Neville, Ginny, Luna, and I were brought into the order, but Mrs. Weasley managed to get Ginny and Luna out. To better assist the Order, Ron, Neville, and I were inducted and interrogated. We actually couldn't help them anyway, and frankly after following you all the way to the Department of Mysteries at the end of last year, there was really no way we'd abandon you like that. I guess Ron's been keeping it on him out of habit, and Neville's probably lost his. I know mine has rung a few times, but each time it's so abrupt and short I don't have the chance to get it out, much less remember what it was about, and that is if I even hear it."

She gazed at Harry imploringly, "I'm sorry we didn't tell you, but it really didn't occur to us. I only carried it around for that Order meeting and dumped it in my trunk after that, and I'm sure Ron hasn't even heard his. I think he mentioned something about Silencing Charms being very useful, though that might have been Neville. And..." Harry decided she was going to be rambling for a while yet, so he stopped her in the most effective way he knew how. He kissed her. She froze for a moment, then responded eagerly, kissing him back for all she was worth. He eventually broke the kiss, gazing into her hazel eyes, and smiled, "It's alright, I do wonder what Dumbledore thought about that though." She giggled and kissed him again.

...

Not so far away, an elderly wizard with a long white beard sneezed violently. He straightened and popped another lemon drop into his mouth while ignoring Fawks laughing at him. Idly he wondered why he'd sneezed so badly when he wondered about the young Order members up in Gryffindor Tower.

He frowned; perhaps it was time to actually get their input in a meeting. Possibly a meeting tonight or tomorrow night, since it was a weekend. Dismissing that train of thought, he tossed a lemon drop to Fawks, who grabbed it in mid flight. Dumbledore grinned and applauded his friend's good catch.

.........

Transfiguration was probably the highlight of their week; Professor McGonagall stepped into the class leading a bubbling cauldron in with her wand. Flicking her wand at her desk, the iron container landed and stayed there; turning to the class she glanced round at them imperiously, "Good morning class. Now, who can tell me what that is, and what it does?" they stared blankly at the potion for several long minutes.

It was dark red, like deoxygenated blood, and bubbled gently while an animated copper ladle stirred. Harry absently noted it was something like one he'd seen in his library, but just couldn't remember what it was meant to be. Hermione gasped and raised her hand, "It's the Anima Potion! It's used to determine one's Animagus form!" She paused and frowned, "But why's it so bright? It's supposed to be dark red, nearly black isn't it?" She whirled on the Transfiguration Professor like it was her fault just in time to catch the last of an amused smile.

Minerva shooed the students back into their seats before continuing, "Miss Granger is right, this is the Anima Potion, or at least a derivative of it. The Anima Potion is the general form used nowadays because it is much cheaper to make and to buy the ingredients. This is the Anima Multiplicus Potion, which is much more expensive to brew, and the ingredients are rare. The Magic seems to have congregated strongly in this generation, so this actually may be a better idea. Merlin himself used this potion, a stronger version actually, and he had several Animagus forms." She paused to let this sink in, "This is the initial part of the course, which will be continued in greater deapth next year. For now, each one of you will come to the front for a dose, and will go back to your seats when I let you."

Everyone seemed to be vibrating in excitement, "Harry Potter, let's see what this does for you." Harry slowly moved to the front of the class and spoke to her quietly, "You realize there'll be multiple forms?" She nodded and pushed a dose of the potion into his hands, which he hesitated a moment before downing. A ghostly form appeared before him, writhing and changing; it quickly became a Hungarian Horntail, before swiftly switching to an Ukranian Ironbelly, Norwegian Ridgeback, Peruvian Vipertooth, Antipodean Opaleye, Chinese Fireball, Common Welsh Green, Atlantic Faldron, Hebridean Black, Romanian Longhorn, Swedish Short-snout, and several strange dragons he'd never seen before. Frowning and furrowing his brow, he concentrated and found out they were in fact dragons from the Elven realms.

The human tongue would term them Black, Silver, Red, Ice, and Shadow Dragons. They were in fact Drow dragons, Renor, T'puuli, Phish, Barra, and Xar'zith Tagnik'zur. Not that he was so interested in them. After all, he really didn't feel like using all of them. Perhaps the Shadow Dragon, but other then that he'd probably use just the Ironbelly, Ridgeback, and Horntail. The ghostly thing in front of him changed again, and more Elven dragons appeared, this time of the elemental varieties, Lightning, Holy, Fire, Sky, and Cloud Dragons came through, Sakkamen, Selingue, Maskan, Menel, and Loomi Hakarmaskannar. This time he got interested in the Cloud Dragon, wondering if he could convince Xing Yun to change his weapon's name, as well as the three middle dragons, wondering if he could change the formulae of the Celestial Dragon Formula and up it's power.

Minerva McGonagall gave him a rare smile and nodded him back to his seat, "See me after class please, Mr. Potter, I must speak with you about this." The class stared at him and muttered; Harry was particularly glad Draco Malfoy was gone, he would probably have found some remark or other to make. Not that Harry was adverse to hurting the ferret, just that it got boring after a while. He sat at his bench and scribbled on his paper, trying to modify the Green Dragon formulae as he'd thought of. By the end of class, he still hadn't much luck beyond the Heaven's Way.

...

"No Ron, they don't have long specific names like, say, Harry's. Just Luminarium and Atra. I know it doesn't sound so great, but in actual fact it is. Don't worry about it." Minerva was just speaking to Ron, probably about his Animagus forms, when Hermione and Harry made their way to her desk. Harry's ears perked up, "you've got the Light and Dark entities as Animagi forms?" Ron blinked and nodded numbly, "And they don't have proper names! I mean, you've got Hungarian Horntail, and that sounds so much nicer!" Harry chuckled, "No, the name's not everything. Everyone has animagi forms, it's just that they rely on their magic, which is a by-product of your inner core, that very few attain a form, let along all their forms.

"That you have the entities as animagi forms says several things. First is that you're very close to what you are inside, that you're essentially balanced, and that you only have 2 forms. I believe this is a result of several things: first is your ability with Chess, which in essence is a game of balance. I'll introduce you at some point to another chess player. I doubt he has a form, since they Celestial Zone tend to rely more on their core products rather than the cores themselves. This is where you find the difference between Merlin, the Founders, and magicals today. Back then they had time to get to know themselves better, which is why they were so much more powerful, whereas now we're more concerned with other things and use shortcuts to use magic, as seen in our wands. It's probably true the founders had larger cores, or something like that, but essentially what I'm saying is that the so-called talents for wandless magic are really a matter of connecting with yourself.

"Therefore, the power we see displayed by the Headmaster are really a greater connection with his core than the rest of us. If we have an equal connection to our cores, then it comes down to a difference in core power and size, against skill in the power usage. Anyway, you wanted to speak to me Professor?" She smiled at him, "Yes, you have 21 forms that we saw just now." Ron yelped in surprise at this and Hermione started off on a lecture about how one couldn't have more than one Animagus form but Minerva ignored them, "I was wondering why you had so many?"

Harry shushed his friends, "Now listen up if you want an explanation. In the Celestial Zone we have guardian positions. They take up North, South, West, East, and Central Positions; they each have certain special skills, and are likened to certain spirit creatures, which manifest themselves as Guardians of the Celestial Dungeons. North is the Jet Tortoise, and Le Tian specializes in medical as well as direct combat. His symbol is the Tortoise, combined with a snake. Personally I think he could use Parseltongue, though I'm not sure. Central is the Golden Nymph; the second Generation heir combined his supposedly light abilities with a rather demonic form of power, resulting in the Kirin Morph, the unique skill of the Golden Nymph. It only came out in the third Generation as the Second died too early, and now it is the fourth generation.

"Southern Guardian is Red Phoenix, now just Phoenix, and is a result of splitting and training a pair of Siamese Twins. Instead of giving them separate bodies, they become one, and switch forms and controlling spirits from time to time. Red died long ago, and Phoenix now controls their body, combining her own power with that of her brother's. The Phoenix Real Body Formula, and the Phoenix Spiritual Arrow Formula are their unique skills, and they specialize in speed. Like many other skills, they use level markers; Phoenix, I think, has reached level 14, though I can't be sure. I brought Neville to meet her during the Christmas holidays, so I'll bring him there again.

"The White Tiger, Zi Yan, is the Western White Tiger, and uniquely she has two guardians, in the same way she has two weapons, the Dual Yi Ying Yang Swords. She specializes in tactics and knowledge, which is why I brought Hermione to meet her not so long ago. She uses the Dual Yi Heart Sutra, which is probably the longest skill script in existence. I'd have said she was at level 10, almost purely skill in comparison to Xing Yun, but with Wang Chan helping her, level 20 is more realistic.

"Lastly we come to the left handers, the Eastern Green Dragon. Our guardian is the Atlantic Faldron, thought extinct as of a decade ago, and our specialization is in power. So if I were to duel the Headmaster in spells, he'd have a huge repertoire where I'd overwhelm his shields with power. Our skills used to be the Celestial Solar Dragon Formula, and Celestial Shock Dragon Formula, which changed in the third Generation, Fen Tian, to the Blazing Sun Formula, mainly made up of the Solar Shock. With the fifth Generation, the Celestial Solar Dragon Formula was modified into the Celestial Dragon Formula, containing the Heaven's Way Dictum, Celestial Solar Dragon Formula, and Sky Dragon Formula. The Blazing Sun Formula stayed the same, though a third formula was added, Celestial Dragon Yuan Yang Formula. I haven't got there yet, though I've been experimenting with the initial levels. I plan to add another, but I haven't worked it out fully yet.

"To answer the question, I have so many forms because I'm an anomaly. Green Dragons are supposed to be left handed, but I'm ambidextrous. The first formulae normally take a decade or so, but I took a year with minimal speed. Because I'm heir to the dragon guardian, I'd have a dragon Animagus form, but because of so many uncertainties, I have several dragon forms. Hermione would probably have Tiger forms, if she finishes her initial training, and Ron's forms show that he is ready for advanced training. I plan to place him with Wei Qi, the chess fanatic who's actually really famous for combining the righteous way's Divine Pine chess formulae with the questionable Xuan Hua Tian Yuan formulae."

Minerva was clutching her head and groaning, "Too much information in one go. No matter, I just wanted to know why you had so many forms. I suggest you register one form, up to you which one. I don't know what's with the Headmaster, but he wants you present at the Order meeting tonight. Password is Sugary Chocolate, the Gargoyle." Harry nodded as Ron and Hermione shared a glance. McGonagall noticed though, "If that's all, you may leave."

.........

"Harry Potter..." Harry was studying in their library when he hear the odd, ghostly voice calling to him from the shadows. It was around 5 in the afternoon, and Harry was passing time before the Order meeting. He put his book down and focused on his hearing; he heard it again, but this time he knew exactly where it had come from. He moved to the fireplace at the back of the library.

Harry summoned his spirit sword, "who are you and what are you doing here?" he asked quietly, but his voice carried a tinge of danger with it. The ghostly voice came again, "Harry Potter. I have been waiting since you first discovered this wing. This is a secret passage way to one of the biggest secrets of this wing, and I am its guardian. If you wish to find out, push the Hogwarts seal on the top right of the fireplace and come in; if you desire otherwise, then leave the wing and never come back."

Harry frowned; in his experience, this spirit, or whatever it was, could be sealed in there, waiting for an unsuspecting visitor to release it into the world for revenge. On the other hand, it could really be a guardian of a dangerous secret. He deliberated shortly before stepping up and pressing his thumb to the Hogwarts seal on the top right of the fireplace, the first time he'd actually noticed it. Unsurprisingly, the fireplace split into three, the top moving up, and the other two moving to the sides, revealing a hallway. At the end of it was a door, guarded by a deadly looking knight in black amour.

Harry stepped in; the fireplace behind him closed silently, and flames ignited on the walls and ceiling. The passage was actually wider than it had seemed before, and much longer too. His attention returned to the knight in front of him as it spoke, "so you came. I'd have expected nothing less from you who is so strong in spirit. Excellent, there hasn't been anyone here in a good hundred years, and I have been sleeping. You woke me when you first entered, but from my long sleep it was difficult. I am a Dark Knight, the last of my kind, and hopefully the last you'll ever meet. I challenge you to a duel to the death, the secrets of the wing to be our prize."

Harry sized him up. He'd heard of Dark Knights, all be it briefly, and he was every bit the part. He looked perhaps 6'5", and all his amour was ash black. His sword was unsheathed, and seemed to ooze a thick black mist, absorbing light into it. His kite-shield on his left arm was also black, but instead seemed to gleam darkly, and Harry sensed a great protective aura in it. The knight's amour too, gleamed slightly, but Harry was more interested in the helmet, which bore a water droplet insignia under the black flame that seemed to burn atop it. Harry stared into the visor of the helmut, "I accept. I will defeat you and claim the secrets you guard."

The ghostly voice returned, "Then let us begin, Harry James Potter-Black, of the Green Dragon Caste." Harry was slightly taken aback by this, and so was taken slightly by surprise when the Dark Knight raced at him, long sword over his head, preparing for a vertical cleaving slash. Harry turned up his powers and brought his own sword up in defense. They went that way for a while, locking blades alternately, neither gaining an upper hand, neither willing to back down, neither willing to give the other a breather.

The Dark Knight forced his magic into his sword, and Harry was forced to retreat. The Knight himself leapt back, and seemed to appraise Harry, "You are good. Better than I expected, the Green Dragons have improved just as the other Knights have." Harry frowned, "I am the heir to Green Dragon, yes. But there is no Green Dragon Caste, only the Eastern Green Dragon guardian of the Celestial Zone, of which I and my teacher are one under."

The Knight seemed to falter at this, "The situation must have deteriorated then. When I roamed the earth, the Green Dragon Caste was one of the most powerful Warrior classes around, equaled only by the White, Grey, and Dark Knights in their own ways. Come then, Harry Potter, our second round begins." He forced more magic into his sword and shield, charging at Harry with what looked like a horizontal slash.

Harry took a moment to study his opponent. His skills looked slightly like the Pan Gu Dictum that Xue Wu used, just without the more malevolent portions. Even then, his power levels had increased again, and Harry was sure he was hiding his true abilities so far. Stretching out his right hand, Harry jumped back and started firing spells, "Reducto! Everebo! Fragmen Os Parvulus! Conseco!" The first two lower level blasting spells ricocheted off the Dark Knight's shield, hitting the walls and blowing large craters in them, causing no real damage. The older spells had more effect, causing a large dent in the Knight's helmut and slicing off part of the Knight's boot.

By then the Knight was too close to continue the spells, so Harry had little choice apart from moving up his power levels. Blocking with his sword in his left hand, Harry sprang backwards and shifted formulae, "Blazing Sun Formula, level 7. Blazing Energy." A corona of flames surrounded Harry, pushing the Knight back and singing him slightly. Harry further pushed his power levels, "Blazing Sun Formula, level 8, Amalgamation of Body and Sword. Solar Shock." This time, the Knight was hard put to fend of Harry strikes. After about 30 strokes, his sword's mist disappeared and went more to absorbing light while the shield turned jet black and lost it's gleam. Harry continued pounding away, until he suddenly felt a hand on his chest.

Stopped at that moment, Harry couldn't help but notice the Knight had dropped his sword and used a palm strike. He didn't know exactly what school of art the Knight used, but the blast of magic sent him flying backwards, crashing through the floor. He got up quickly, narrowly avoiding the Knight's sword, and returned his own strike in a moment of heated insanity, "Sacred Dragon Celestial Thunder Flame!" The Knight's amour was blasted right through the middle, creating a hole just large enough for Harry to notice, aim, and fire a single spell at, "Számûz Mindörökké Lelki!!" There was a howl from the Knight, and a ghostly form appeared slowly above the suit of amour.

A face turned to Harry. It was thin, very thin, with long hair and small eyes. Thin lips smiled at him, "I knew you'd win you know? I knew that you could if you tried hard enough. Hah! Well done Harry, now go on. Your prizes are waiting. First the shield. It isn't really a dark shield like the previous Dark Knights used, rather, it became like that because of my darker aura, obscuring its true nature. That's your second prize, and the rather larger of the two secrets you have yet to uncover. Don't touch the shield yet, you'll be adversely affected by the remaining aura, but go through the door at the end. I believe the Keeper of the Eggs is awake now." With a final ghostly chuckle, the Dark Knight's spirit disappeared.

True to his word, the Dark Knight's amour slowly began to fade, while the shield and sword slowly began to lose their dark auras. Harry stepped round them and released his spirit sword before continuing to the door at the end and opening it.

...

Eggs greeted Harry. He blinked once. He blinked twice. Never before had he seen such large eggs. In fact, he'd never seen so many eggs in one place at one time. He sighed and shook his head, "This just cannot be it. I do not need a huge number of eggs, if this is someone's idea of a joke, then it's a pretty horrible joke which I do not find funny." He paused and looked around at the eggs, "Hey is anyone around here??" A small man hopped out from among the eggs, "I'm here, I'm here. Now before I explain, who are you?" Harry paused and studied the man before replying briefly, "I'm Harry Potter."

The old man, who looked impossibly small studied him with beady eyes, "Indeed you are. Now these eggs are not for cooking. In fact, the animals in these eggs are very much alive, so cracking their eggs and trying to fry them would result rather badly, if you catch my drift." He paused and studied the eggs and Harry, "What actually happens here is that you've found yourself a sort of storage cache of animals both muggle and magical. What you will be doing is finding yourself a familiar among these. From there you bring anyone you want, and they'll find themselves a familiar too. The eggs won't run out, rather more eggs of the type of animal that is chosen will appear. It has been a long time since anyone was here, so there are many around. In fact, I believe one of the previous occupants gave several away as presents."

Harry frowned and thought. He already had Hedwig, and he didn't want to replace her in any way. On the other hand, magical animals were always and asset in a fight as demonstrated by the Headmaster at the Department of Mysteries. Hermione would need one, Crookshanks was still with her though. Hagrid would love the chance to see some of these though. Then it hit him; he could thin out the numbers by giving Hagrid a few!


---

A/N: OK, I'm branching out into the unthinkable here. I'm very sorry for it. Originally I was just going to have one long one with perhaps 20-25 chapters and that's it. Then TCZ 2 developed into a much more interesting story line, which made me decide on a sequel to this. Now I've gone and become somewhat fond of the "Horocrux" idea, so we're going to be on a trilogy here.

That is assuming, of course, that I get round to finishing all this up. R/R please?
Sign up to rate and review this story